Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDeadShaman
Eyes Wide Open

Tropicaire Terrarium Help (Pics)
    #2693141 - 05/17/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

This setup is 100% untested, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my two areas of concern:

1.)Humidity? Although my humidity gauge stays around 98% Rh, there is a noticeable lack of condensation on the walls and lid. Is this normal for a constant air exchange setup, or is the air maybe too humid? This concerns me because I know my gauge is accurate.

2.)Air Exchange? Should my exhaust hole be smaller? Right now it's aprox. 10-15x bigger then my intake. Is this a problem?

I'm used to using perlite so I'm in unchartered area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
"What do you mean no such thing as eternity?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineempath
I feel you

Loc: Seattle
Re: Tropicaire Terrarium Help (Pics) [Re: DeadShaman]
    #2693178 - 05/17/04 08:19 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

1)Condensation isn't an accurate sign of humidity, its the temp difference between the inside and outside(think of a glass with ice in it, look its sweating aka condensation). If you have and accurate gauge then your all good.

2)I personnaly have never used an exhaust port but IMO I think if you have one you should cover it up with some breathable material like polyfill or tyvek.

--------------------
"It tastes like burning"-Ralph Wiggum

Edited by empath (05/17/04 08:20 PM)

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

Loc: Throughout the world
Re: Tropicaire Terrarium Help (Pics) [Re: empath]
    #2693185 - 05/17/04 08:21 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

empath said:
1)Condensation isn't an accurate sign of humidity, its the temp difference between the inside and outside(think of a glass with ice in it, look its sweating aka condensation). If you have and accurate gauge then your all good.

2)I personnaly have never used an exhaust port but IMO I think if you have one you should cover it up with some breathable material like polyfill or tyvek.

I second all that.Right on :grin: :thumbup:

--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2693296 - 05/17/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The tropic air works good.

For anybody not fam with it.

Don?t use tyvek, use poly fill on the exhaust hole. Ever try to blow threw a piece of tyvek. Tyvek is good for colonizing jars that have a low gas exhaust rate.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

#2693308 - 05/17/04 08:41 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I certainly agree with these guys^^^^ and would only add that as long as you are achieving optimum RH levels you should go for as much air exchange as possible,as long as it is filtered!

MYKEY

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

Loc: Throughout the world
    #2693329 - 05/17/04 08:44 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Also you wanna read on the instructions that came with your tropicair and make sure you are using a pump that is right for the size of your rubbermaid.theres a little chart down on the bottom of the sheet.I had to buy a larger one once I bought my Tropicair because it wasnt strong enough for a rubbermaid as big as I had.

--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

Offlinedisturbed
Poutine andSodomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: O-H-I-O
Re: Tropicaire Terrarium Help (Pics) [Re: empath]
    #2693330 - 05/17/04 08:44 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

empath said:

hmm that may have answered my PMP humidity question... I was wondering why I wasn't seeing any condensation on the inside, I guess i'll just have to track a guage down.

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder