Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecamao
Stranger
Flushes
    #2691968 - 05/17/04 03:26 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I have a nice pan of shrooms growing. This is by far my best pan. I am unclear on what the first flush is. Is the first flush all the mushrooms that grow...generally within a few days of each other? Once you have picked all these mushrooms will the 2nd flush then happen 4 or 5 days later, or are all the mushrooms relatively the same size the first flush and the other's that are smaller are the second flush and so on? When I pick should I pick all of them at once even the ones that are still a little small or should I wait till they are all big mature ready to pick and then when they are gon the second flush will happen?
Any advice on flushes and an example of past experiances would be great.

Thanks

camao

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineempath
I feel you

Loc: Seattle
Re: Flushes [Re: camao]
    #2692040 - 05/17/04 03:38 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Afoaf picks the first couple of early bloomers and patches grow points, then when the majority of them are mature, pick em all. Dunk then recase. I'm sure other people have their methods.

--------------------
"It tastes like burning"-Ralph Wiggum

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2692858 - 05/17/04 07:06 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

camao said:
Is the first flush all the mushrooms that grow...generally within a few days of each other? Once you have picked all these mushrooms will the 2nd flush then happen 4 or 5 days later

you got it

Quote:

When I pick should I pick all of them at once even the ones that are still a little small or should I wait till they are all big mature ready to pick and then when they are gon the second flush will happen?

pick each one as it is ready - when the cap opens. think of them like like fruit - you wouldn't pick an unripe strawberry just because it's neighbour was fat, red and juicy, would you?. flushes are fun. expect two, and smile when you get more. ten flushes is not unheard of, but four is a good result. later flushes tend to be fewer, but bigger fruits.

--------------------
buh

Offlinecaspur
Turd Flipper

Re: Flushes [Re: shirley knott]
    #2693022 - 05/17/04 07:44 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm on my 3rd flush of golden teachers from the same PF cake right now. They seem to be doing ok, but the flushes have not produced more shrooms as anticipated. I thought with each flush the mushrooms got larger but in my case I guess not.

--------------------
[image]http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/06-23/956309201-tractor.gif]

Offlinecamao
Stranger
    #2694736 - 05/18/04 02:05 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the replies guys you cleared everything up I was un sure of. I think I'm going to try the dunk method. I would think after dunking and re-casing I should then up the temp again to allow the mycelim to grow up through the casing. Then lower the temp again for the fruiting stage. I'm sure I can find a tek on this method. I'm not sure if they will pertain to the second flush though.

Thanks again

camao

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
    #2695328 - 05/18/04 08:58 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

When I first started this hobby years back, I had the same question...

I was getting fruits every few days, with small ones amongst big ones, and wondering what the hell is this "flush" everyone is talking about.

Now, I know that in a true flush, all mushrooms mature at the same time. It comes back to pinset and initiation!! If you are doing cakes, you can forget about it, just continue what you are doing. If you have casings; patching, initiation time, and humidity/air exchanges are the tools needed to obtain perfect pinsets (and flushes) every time.

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Flushes [Re: Olgualion]
    #2695408 - 05/18/04 09:43 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by CptnGarden (10/02/08 02:21 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix