Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineupshurg
Stranger
Male

finding a therapist...where psychadelics aren't legal
    #26891507 - 08/21/20 10:52 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Was watching "dosed"...I've been an alcoholic for 8 years, drinking all day every day.  I was pretty high functioning but I lost a job in march because of it and I go through cycles;  I'll want to stop, go through DAYS of horrible withdrawals (heat intolerance, sob, worse anxiety, shaking, vomiting, etc).  I stay clean for up to 5 days but the anxiety never leaves, the thoughts start flooding back in, the emotions start flooding back in and I can't stop them...I mean I can but I have to literally sit still and focus purely on the feeling of air going in and out of my lungs...if I lose focus for a split second BAM it all floods in...I can't function like that...so then I start drinking 1-3 a day, then I'm back to 12 HIGH alcohol content beers a day again and the cycle continues.  I want to stop but these thoughts/emotions...I can only take them for so long.  I was once sober for 4 months but only because I was getting drug tested at a rehab place...well I stayed sober for 2 months after the rehab.

I've seen a psychologist who made me worse (he actually told my wife to leave me after ONE visit), then I saw a psychiatrist and they diagnosed me with chronic major depression and generalized anxiety.  My family doc also diagnosed me with major depression.  I have taken several different meds and they work maybe for a month but that's probably placebo...then it's like I'm not on anything again. 

I honestly think I have ptsd but I don't feel I "deserve" that diagnosis because I've always viewed that as for military personnel who saw horrific atrocities (my brother in law was a guard at guantanamo and he has it) or people who saw horrific accidents or were in them...not folks who just had some bad experiences.  I mean I've been in some stuff but nothing like watching or participating in a death, well at work I've watched heart rhythms go to nothing but I never felt anything too strong about it, they were always old folks so it was like "they're at peace now".  But one of my cousins was diagnosed after going through a minor divorce...mine was very major...very very emotionally debilitating...and I found out things after the fact that just made it worse.  Well that's actually when I started drinking so obvious connection.

Anyway I'm currently in the process of waiting for my crop to fruit, I had two one pound bags inoculated but one of my dogs decided to monch on one for some unknown reason so it got bacteria and I tossed it.

But this doc mentioned "underground" therapists using psychadelics and the reason I'm growing isn't to get a buzz but because I've read several times that it not only helps with depression but addiction too. 

The point?  How the hell can I find one of these therapists?  I'm an atheist and the last therapist I saw I was in the initial interview and I mean I was honest and open in all things, how else can they help me, and I told her that because I didn't want to be given bible verses or told to talk to a pastor (etc) and when she asked if I had a pastor that's when I said "well, I'm an atheist"...she jumped out of her role and started debating me on the formation of the universe...she literally said "well how did we get here?"  I thought she meant how did I get to be in her office...and I was about to go into my past but she starts going off on "something had to create us all"...that was another low point.

I live in Texas...near the louisiana border...obviously psychadelics aren't legal here...I need help but all these pricks want to do is give me bible verses.  Not only am I a non-believer but I grew up in a ministers house, I've memorized more verses than most believers have even read...sorry if that came off defensive or offensive...just saying I'm not an angry atheist I'm an educated and experienced one...religion won't help me but all the therapists I've seen have crosses and bible verses plastered on their walls.  Great for them but they can't help me because the instant they ask about my church or pastor and I say "I'm an atheist" that ends the therapy and now they start evangelizing!

Can anyone offer some advice?  I need someone that is a legit therapist, not just someone to sit with me.  I need medication and therapy!

--------------------
Just here for research/science purposes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Loc: North EU
Re: finding a therapist...where psychadelics aren't legal [Re: upshurg]
    #26891524 - 08/21/20 11:00 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know how to find a psychedelic therapist, nor do I know how to go about your search for a therapist where you live, but there must be some webpage to narrow down your search. Surely there must be a way to find atheist or non-religious therapists, or ones that don't make a big deal out of it?
These people you met don't sound very professional either...

Offlineupshurg
Stranger
Male

Re: finding a therapist...where psychadelics aren't legal [Re: InnerWisdom]
    #26891591 - 08/21/20 11:44 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

The psychiatrist refused to see me one day because I had used k2...I'm like...that's why I'm here!

You're right, they weren't, but these people (and that I ran into only these types) are why I refused to see another therapist or even try.  I had some very dark thoughts about that psychologist...veeeery.  I had to deal with that for a while but I have.

I mean I know I need help but...these people who were supposed to help just made it exponentially worse...I did better just continuing to use.  I dunno...I also studied psychology in college and in rehab or therapy it was like I was listening to an elementary school lesson.  I was like...come on tell me something new, show me something I don't know...do SOMETHING!!!  Not only did I know what they were telling me but it was like not even psych 101 level, it was seriously like elementary school level compared to what I know...so I was more annoyed than anything.  I went through it hoping "well maybe it's just the process, I need to just DO the process...I have the knowledge so maybe I just need "the process"..."  but it was pointless.

I live in the bible belt, a few notches in, but I'm limited also as to who my insurance accepts...well I just got a new job so gotta wait a few months now *facepalm but I will try to find one...funny thing...the psychiatrist that diagnosed my cousin with ptsd is the same psychiatrist I saw that refused to see me because I had used k2 the day before...not going back there for sure, lol.

--------------------

Offlinethe strander
Explorer
Female

#26891681 - 08/21/20 12:38 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Does your insurance have a portal where you can search for providers?

When I was trying to find a therapist I found it very daunting to pick one... what criteria to use to determine who would be a good fit?

Eventually I used a combination of looking on their website to see how genuine they seemed, and Yelp results, weird as that sounds. Not sure if any of that will help you at all, if the religious ones will put "faith-based" or something on their sites that can warn you off.

There are also sites that grade therapists and psychologists. Health grade is one. Once you get your list of who accepts your insurance or is in your network, see if you can look them up on one of those sites. People can leave reviews, and the psychologist can list their specialities and approach to care.

At the least, you can see if there are any red flags, although it isn't a guarantee.

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Re: finding a therapist...where psychadelics aren't legal [Re: the strander] * 2
    #26892210 - 08/21/20 05:57 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

best advice i can offer is to take a more serious look and effort into cultivation of your own.

if you really, really want to stop drinking? learn how to grow like your life depends on it because.. it kinda does.

and buying premade kits or bags is looking for the quick easy fix. no such thing. you have to take the time and learn for the medicine to work.

Offlineupshurg
Stranger
Male

Re: finding a therapist...where psychadelics aren't legal [Re: mushboy]
    #26892772 - 08/22/20 01:51 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
best advice i can offer is to take a more serious look and effort into cultivation of your own.

if you really, really want to stop drinking? learn how to grow like your life depends on it because.. it kinda does.

and buying premade kits or bags is looking for the quick easy fix. no such thing. you have to take the time and learn for the medicine to work.

I have to agree with you.  I often feel like if I can't fix this on my own then no one else can help me either.  I REALLY hope using magic mushes once a week at most will do the trick...I'm just so sick of wasting money on pharmaceuticals (holy shit I spelled that right without google!) and therapists.  I wish I was stronger and didn't need anything...god I feel like such a fucking loser

The only shortcut I take is buying the sealed rye seed bags with the self sealing port and spore syringes...other than that there really isn't any other shortcut imo.  I bought two one pound bags and had two spore syringes, inoculated the bags...if it weren't for my dango dogs biting into one of the bags (I still have no idea why they monched that one bag but oh well) I'd have two grows going.  Right now I have one 50 quart plastic bin with 2 parts vermiculite, 1 part brown rice, enough water to get the brown rice to stick to the verm and my rye seed mycelium going right now.  The mycelium was pretty spread out but I didn't make "cakes"...I mixed the vermiculite and brown rice...I let the mycelium spread throughout the rye and then broke it up totally and mixed it with the verm/rice...added some water and letting it go, not in direct sunlight but it gets it...so probably didn't do it right.  We'll see in a couple weeks I guess *facepalm 

I bought enough of those materials for two plastic bins (50 quart tote) and have two unopened bags of brown rice flour and LOTS of vermiculite.  If this doesn't work I'll have to retry I guess. 

dammit I'm drinking again...the hell is wrong with me

--------------------

Offlineoldfart
Stranger
Male

#26892887 - 08/22/20 04:15 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

You might have some luck looking for psychedelic groups on meetup.com. I found one that is about a four hour drive from me. There are likely people in the group that can put you in touch with a therapist that can help but you will have to gain their trust first because of the legal status of psychedelics. I'm planning to do a guided session with a therapist they put me in touch with once this whole covid mess settles down. Right now they're not doing any in person activities.

Like you, I am an atheist living in a very conservative and religious area in the bible belt (North Alabama). It's very difficult to find help that doesn't espouse religion as the answer to everything.

I wish you well in your struggle with alcoholism. Alcoholism destroyed my father and my childhood. I wouldn't wish alcoholism on anyone.

OfflineNearwildheaven
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: finding a therapist...where psychadelics aren't legal [Re: oldfart]
    #26894691 - 08/23/20 02:10 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Offlineupshurg
Stranger
Male

Re: finding a therapist...where psychadelics aren't legal [Re: oldfart]
    #26895206 - 08/23/20 11:08 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

oldfart said:
You might have some luck looking for psychedelic groups on meetup.com. I found one that is about a four hour drive from me. There are likely people in the group that can put you in touch with a therapist that can help but you will have to gain their trust first because of the legal status of psychedelics. I'm planning to do a guided session with a therapist they put me in touch with once this whole covid mess settles down. Right now they're not doing any in person activities.

Like you, I am an atheist living in a very conservative and religious area in the bible belt (North Alabama). It's very difficult to find help that doesn't espouse religion as the answer to everything.

I wish you well in your struggle with alcoholism. Alcoholism destroyed my father and my childhood. I wouldn't wish alcoholism on anyone.

It's a horrible thing...and you're totally right!  Even a little destroys you, but it also changes your psychology in the worst way possible, I think only meth is worse in that regard and that's not saying much.  If cannabis was legal I wouldn't be struggling.  My current job is one I have some limited experience with but this one will allow me more modality but not for at least a year.  My current experience limits me to very few places but this job will allow me to work at ANY hospital...again...after a year though.  After a year I will move to Oklahoma were medicinal cannabis is legal and you can't get fired for using off the clock which won't be a problem...alcohol, I lost my last job because I had to use it almost non-stop.  The ONLY time I was able to stop drinking and AMAZINGLY not experience ANY withdrawals even having drank all day every day was when I used cannabis...and I didn't have to get blasted and I only used once or twice a day at most...it was so amazing! 

Of course...I can't get blasted anymore...my k2 abuse has basically caused me to not be able to get really high.  I've used shatter even, I even made edibles with a gram of shatter and felt almost nothing.  k2 really fucked my cannaboid receptors, nasty stuff.  I used k2 more than I drank back in the day, until it shut my kidneys down.  Haven't used it in years but it permanently joins with receptors so maybe after 7years or so I can get stoned.  It's only been 4-5 years since I last used k2.

I was only "under the influence" when I smoked last for like 30 min or so but the rest of the day I was sober and didn't even think about drinking or anything negative.  I know most random drug tests don't check for shrooms so I'm hoping in two weeks I'll be able to use that.  I've been able to keep my drinking in check these past few days, woke up after a nasty dream and was about to crack one open but somehow didn't, I just went back to sleep instead...slept all day though.  Haven't been able to do that in a while...not drink after a nasty dream that is...but it's kinda shallow because I'm still drinking and that's not good...alcohol kills and destroys no matter how little you use it...the only real reason I'm trying to quit is because I had blood work done a year ago and 4 years ago and my liver enzymes have jumped in comparison...which means my liver is damaged.  But it's the only legal thing I can do that works.  I REALLY hope once this crop fruits I can use it instead.  I don't want to be blasted, hell I don't even get drunk...I haven't even been drunk in years.  Just need something to quiet the rage and the pain. 

I checked those links but unless I want to drive 5 hours there isn't anyone near me, I can't do that.  My current job is 8-5 mon-fri, so driving to austin or houston isn't possible.  In three months once my insurance kicks in I'll try to find someone...probably end up burning through several therapists and docs, maybe I'll find one who can help even without psychedelics...I'm hopeful so there's that at least.  Just hope that lasts for a bit

--------------------

Edited by upshurg (08/23/20 11:12 AM)

Offlinepolomasta
Stranger
    #26895987 - 08/23/20 08:43 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

This might be a starting place to make some connections https://www.dallaspsychedelicsociety.org/

InvisibleReverendMyc

Re: finding a therapist...where psychadelics aren't legal [Re: polomasta]
    #26897345 - 08/24/20 03:17 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Hello upshrug

I empathize with your plight and hope you can find the help that you need.  I am trying to figure out exactly how to make the shift from my corporate america job to get into psychedelic assisted therapy myself. It is no easy path to navigate.

The following links will not be as helpful as they could be due to the illicit nature of psyches in the US. But they may be a starting off point. Another thing that may be helpful in your search is to learn about the Tor browser and how to access the infamous "dark web". There you may be able to find people better able to guide you on your path.

https://michaelpollan.com/resources/psychedelics-resources/
https://psychedelicstoday.com/2018/07/12/find-psychedelic-guide/

Edit to add:
https://psychedelic.support/network/?product_cat=texas
Several of these and others also offer telehealth. That may be an option if traveling is not. They do not do underground guides, but they do integrations.

Edited by ReverendMyc (08/24/20 07:02 PM)

InvisibleBlueZwoman
Stranger
Female

Re: finding a therapist...where psychadelics aren't legal [Re: mushboy]
    #26906438 - 08/29/20 06:20 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I'm going to respectfully disagree with Mushboy on learning the complexities of growing.  I started growing my own to microdose for depression two years ago, and if you just want a small amount for personal use, I think rye bags to get started are the quickest and most efficient way to do it, at least to grow enough to get started with. (I tried jars first.) Then if you want to branch out, go for it.  Also, don't let anyone tell you that you can't grow powerful mushrooms with purchased spore syringes.  I grew some Penis Envy that leaves Golden Teacher at the starting line.  :-)

Offlineupshurg
Stranger
Male

Re: finding a therapist...where psychadelics aren't legal [Re: BlueZwoman]
    #26913391 - 09/02/20 08:56 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I just ordered some golden teacher spores couple days ago so it'll be a good start, don't want to blow my head off on the first go XD 

I accidentally deleted another thread I made on growing and the replies thought this method was odd but every tek I found online says to use sealed rye bags with the port IF you don't make jars, then place the rye in the verm/rice/water mixture...beats me.  The rye bags worked great for setting up the mycelium for me, perfect actually.  They were vacuum sealed and had a port, super easy to keep sterile so worth the price...not that it was really that much for them.  Plus I don't have to buy a pressure cooker or big ol pot and also don't have to buy jars.  For me this route is actually cheaper.  In the long run for larger grows I might do the jar method, but for now I'm trying to do the easiest method to reduce contamination.  Since I have to redo I'll definitely double check the teks and do some more reading just to make sure...I acknowledge I'm a novice so I'm not going to arrogantly just ignore their advice.

My current fruiting chamber apparently wasn't sealed and now has fruit fly larva in it...was wondering why I saw fruit flies in my house all of a sudden, thought I had left out some food or something then I checked my chamber to make sure it's moisture was good and blamo...lil bastards.  I'll try hydrogen peroxiding them but I'm pretty sure it's ruined.  But I have enough vermiculite and brown rice to do another chamber.  Was hoping to have fruits in a week but now it's going to be another couple months, ugh.

My mood comes in waves, dreams don't help...good dreams turn to nightmares when I wake up and realize reality.  Had one the other day were my ex and I were back together but I suspected she was cheating (which is what happened, found out after the divorce) and when I woke up for a minute or so I was thinking I needed to keep vigil and try to make it work...then I woke up fully and was like "wait...she's remarried already (oh to the guy she had an affair with) what the hell are you thinking man!?"  Or last night I dreamt I met a daughter I didn't know I had (I don't have kids but really wanted a family) and we had been visiting, she had to leave and I hugged her...it was almost instinctual to hug her, like I just had to, she was my daughter how could I not was the feeling.  But as I reached out I thought "oh man she's going to be weirded out by this"...but she hugged me back super tight.  I was so happy.  I hate how vivid and realistic my dreams are, the sensations and feelings.  She was wearing a dress with buttons on the back and I could even feel those.  Wonderful, beautiful dream really...until I woke up and it then became a nightmare. 

BUT I didn't reach for a beer like I usually would...I just sat and processed the emotions.  I'm not going through 12 beers a day anymore and I don't wake up and immediately have a drink like I used to.  So better but still need to work on it.  Maybe in a couple months I'll have some meds that work

--------------------

Offline1drop
Stranger
Re: finding a therapist...where psychadelics aren't legal [Re: InnerWisdom]
    #26989112 - 10/16/20 08:12 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

The crop , will be your therapist . Microdose .. not to trip ..

PTSD is often associated with war veteran'a .. but it is not the whole spectrum . PTSD can be avresultbof not fully addressing , for example heart monitors fading off . Because we feel it's better to be strong over reacting to external things .. it can often get put in the unresolved box. This can build up .. until the mind is bolted and brick walled up.

As for Religion .. those who seek religion don't always understand it's core. Unfortunately the answers are hidden or even misinterpretted via literature. God finds you .. notnthe other way round . But that is another discussion.

Any road .. a therapist could be waste of time . Financially and time wise. People only obtain resolve when they are truly embraceful of it . Often times people want the effects of conclusion .. but lack the desire of transformation.

This message board is probably all the therspy you need.

Maybe research cause and effects of your situation.

Peace & Love

OfflineskOsH
Functionally dysfunctional
 User Gallery

Loc: the PNW
    #26992767 - 10/19/20 11:19 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

upshurg said:
Was watching "dosed"...I've been an alcoholic for 8 years, drinking all day every day.  I was pretty high functioning but I lost a job in march because of it and I go through cycles;  I'll want to stop, go through DAYS of horrible withdrawals (heat intolerance, sob, worse anxiety, shaking, vomiting, etc).  I stay clean for up to 5 days but the anxiety never leaves, the thoughts start flooding back in, the emotions start flooding back in and I can't stop them...I mean I can but I have to literally sit still and focus purely on the feeling of air going in and out of my lungs...if I lose focus for a split second BAM it all floods in...I can't function like that...so then I start drinking 1-3 a day, then I'm back to 12 HIGH alcohol content beers a day again and the cycle continues.  I want to stop but these thoughts/emotions...I can only take them for so long.  I was once sober for 4 months but only because I was getting drug tested at a rehab place...well I stayed sober for 2 months after the rehab.

I've seen a psychologist who made me worse (he actually told my wife to leave me after ONE visit), then I saw a psychiatrist and they diagnosed me with chronic major depression and generalized anxiety.  My family doc also diagnosed me with major depression.  I have taken several different meds and they work maybe for a month but that's probably placebo...then it's like I'm not on anything again. 

I honestly think I have ptsd but I don't feel I "deserve" that diagnosis because I've always viewed that as for military personnel who saw horrific atrocities (my brother in law was a guard at guantanamo and he has it) or people who saw horrific accidents or were in them...not folks who just had some bad experiences.  I mean I've been in some stuff but nothing like watching or participating in a death, well at work I've watched heart rhythms go to nothing but I never felt anything too strong about it, they were always old folks so it was like "they're at peace now".  But one of my cousins was diagnosed after going through a minor divorce...mine was very major...very very emotionally debilitating...and I found out things after the fact that just made it worse.  Well that's actually when I started drinking so obvious connection.

Anyway I'm currently in the process of waiting for my crop to fruit, I had two one pound bags inoculated but one of my dogs decided to monch on one for some unknown reason so it got bacteria and I tossed it.

But this doc mentioned "underground" therapists using psychadelics and the reason I'm growing isn't to get a buzz but because I've read several times that it not only helps with depression but addiction too. 

The point?  How the hell can I find one of these therapists?  I'm an atheist and the last therapist I saw I was in the initial interview and I mean I was honest and open in all things, how else can they help me, and I told her that because I didn't want to be given bible verses or told to talk to a pastor (etc) and when she asked if I had a pastor that's when I said "well, I'm an atheist"...she jumped out of her role and started debating me on the formation of the universe...she literally said "well how did we get here?"  I thought she meant how did I get to be in her office...and I was about to go into my past but she starts going off on "something had to create us all"...that was another low point.

I live in Texas...near the louisiana border...obviously psychadelics aren't legal here...I need help but all these pricks want to do is give me bible verses.  Not only am I a non-believer but I grew up in a ministers house, I've memorized more verses than most believers have even read...sorry if that came off defensive or offensive...just saying I'm not an angry atheist I'm an educated and experienced one...religion won't help me but all the therapists I've seen have crosses and bible verses plastered on their walls.  Great for them but they can't help me because the instant they ask about my church or pastor and I say "I'm an atheist" that ends the therapy and now they start evangelizing!

Can anyone offer some advice?  I need someone that is a legit therapist, not just someone to sit with me.  I need medication and therapy!

Psychedelics aren't really legal anywhere...there are some underground psychedelic clinics in a couple states, and I have no idea where they are.

I would replace the beers with some 0 calorie carbonated "sodas". That's what I did, and I'm still sober.

Of course, there's some issues with that--I got lucky and had a life changing psychedelic experience before my dealer couldn't find any anymore.

The only way I broke the habit was by having the WORST hangover of my life after only two beers and drinking plenty of water throughout. So, I stopped after that.

However, I am on some psychotropic drugs that help make it easier to quit drinking cold turkey, but these are substances that I eventually want to completely get off as well, so I wouldn't recommend you get on them. However, doxepin in particular is prescribed both for depression and to help people get off alcohol.

I would recommend that you at least get some CBD to get you through withdrawals, and just drink less until you can safely stop. You're going to have to find *something* to replace your habit. If it's not AA, it needs to be something else. I'm agnostic, and I don't like the steps of AA, but if I can do it (not AA steps, but getting sober), then you can do it. I had to take some psychotropic drugs that also give someone a horrible time on alcohol and are used to get people to stop drinking(doxepin/sinequan, prazosin, etc.)...I still take these drugs. Also, you want to be feeding your GABAnergic system somehow, to prevent DTs. CBD by itself should prevent DTs and seizures.

But I also used to drink HEAVILY and also take these drugs. I think I did half a fifth of 80 proof liquor for...I wanna say three years, and before that, a 24 pack of beer a day for two years. So, yeah, I definitely drank enough to kill several healthy people, I don't know how I didn't die, but it was worth it to quit. I used an app you can get on your phone called "sober time". If you don't have a smartphone you can keep a journal and keep track of your sobriety. Once you start making it into months without drinking, you won't look back. Also, whatever is bringing negativity into your life, you gotta cut that off completely. Like, if you watch the cable news every night and get mad about everything that's going on that is probably being twisted into some delicious propaganda, don't eat it.

Also, know that you will function better without it, because you will, trust me. Get into a hobby that you really enjoy, that you are better at when sober, and just do the shit out of that.

I cheated on AA by buying an AA necklace the day I got sober and I just kept wearing it to remind me not to drink. That also helped.

And if you think you have PTSD but you don't want to accept that diagnosis because only soldiers can have it, that's not true. There is non combat PTSD and it also still sucks. Operates the same as combat PTSD in that there are triggers and flashbacks. If you have PTSD, you need to be careful around psychedelics. I have c-PTSD, I can treat it for a good year or two with one good psychedelic session, but I have to make sure nothing goes awry, that I am fully prepared, and in a good mindset. If you have never done psychedelics before, I encourage you to read Erowid trip reports, there's great info on Psychonautwiki regarding various psychedelics and their effects, and then there's maps.org which has a whole archive dedicated to their hundreds of peer-reviewed research papers they've done in the last few decades.

Don't fret--I have had c-PTSD since 2009. I have enjoyed three years where I didn't even have it at all, thanks to very rare and very careful psychedelic use. I would get a hand on some tabs, test them, put them away, then plan out my trip about a month in advance. Then make sure I have no obligations, turn off my phone since I won't be able to use it, and just try to cleanse out my brain with Fantasia, Lego movie, coraline, alice in wonderland, eyemask and meditation Tibetan Om music on headphones when I am going through the peak, etc.

Definitely research as much as you can before you decide to go this route, because PTSD is very fickle, if you have flashbacks, anxiety, depression, hypersensitivity to all senses, then you likely have PTSD. It might not be super horrible PTSD, but it is PTSD nonetheless. If you don't keep it in check or have a good way to manage it, it can manifest--severe anxiety, severe depression, fibromyalgia, OCD, and other annoying issues.

I would also start just taking ten to fifteen minutes every day and meditate whilst listening to some random meditation music to clear your head. Then take a hot shower. Then start writing, drawing, or doing anything artistic. Your brain, when not depressed from the alcohol, can get mad creative when you stop drinking.

Edit: The goal that I always had to eliminate the "c" part of my c-PTSD, was to take such a large dose of psychedelics and then the incident that precipitated my PTSD gets thrown on the backburner and out of my mind for a good year or so. This approach won't work for everyone that has PTSD and wants to try psychedelics. So...research research research!

Best of luck to you! Keep us updated, feel free to ask us any questions. :smile:

Edited by skOsH (10/19/20 11:26 AM)

Offlinedlj403
Stranger

Re: finding a therapist...where psychadelics aren't legal [Re: skOsH]
    #26993277 - 10/19/20 04:21 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

skOsH said:
Psychedelics aren't really legal anywhere...there are some underground psychedelic clinics in a couple states, and I have no idea where they are.

There's plenty of places outside the US where psychadelics are perfectly legal.

OfflineskOsH
Functionally dysfunctional
 User Gallery

Loc: the PNW
Re: finding a therapist...where psychadelics aren't legal [Re: dlj403]
    #26994062 - 10/20/20 07:40 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dlj403 said:
Quote:

skOsH said:

There's plenty of places outside the US where psychadelics are perfectly legal.

depends on the psychedelic. If I was to look for classical psychedelics, I can think of maybe three countries where I could actually get them legitimately.

I'll put it this way--there's plenty of places outside the US where they're a lot easier to get and the law doesn't care...that's a more accurate statement. I mean, if we are to discuss psychedelic RCs,those are basically legal anywhere, as well as analogs of other substances, but for the classical ones, they're banned in most places because of [insert dumb reason here]

InvisibleRhizomorph
Psychedelic Researcher
Other

Re: finding a therapist...where psychadelics aren't legal [Re: 1drop]
    #26996818 - 10/21/20 06:24 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

1drop said:
This message board is probably all the therspy you need.

You've never directly worked with therapy or people with mental disorders have you? I don't mean to be rude but this message board will never be able to replace therapy or the genuine human connection and support an individual needs. Sure it can point people in the right direction and provide some support, but mental illness is very deeply rooted in one's psychology and the shroomery alone cannot fix that.

Not a big deal I'm just saying be careful what you say - you may be unintentionally undermining somebody's journey to recovery

@OP PTSD actually occurs in the military at far lower rates than say natural disasters and accidents (10x more common than combat-related PTSD). Victimization is also a biggie - if you feel like you have undergone trauma then you have undergone trauma. Just because your brother may have PTSD doesn't mean you can't have it too resulting from different experiences unrelated to your brother's trauma. PTSD can differ in magnitude as well (e.g. one person may experience symptoms once a day and another 10x a day. Some may experience the symptoms more intensely as well). You really can't compare.

I won't lie it sounds to me like you've dealt with a lot of ignorant people who don't know what it means to meet you where you're at. The priest you talked to needs to realize that they don't have to agree with you with to help you. And the psychologist who told your wife to leave you completely broke the confidentiality agreement they took on by law as your psychologist (unless you directly gave them permission to tell your wife to leave you, but my guess is that didn't happen).

I can't give you much advice in terms of finding a psychedelic therapist, but I recommend looking online through resources such as the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) or psychologist databases. Many psychologists will agree to meet with you to integrate the psychedelic experience as long as they aren't facilitating it. Oftentimes the psychedelic portion of psychedelic therapy is done with your eyes closed/somewhat on your own anyways, with the therapist just there to hold your hand. The main work with the therapist is done in preparation for the psychedelic journey, and then integrating it afterwards. The journey itself is mainly done alone with the therapist just there for support.

In this sense, if you can find a therapist who is at least open to psychedelic healing (as any good therapist should be in my opinion),  you could discuss taking psychedelics on your own/with a trusted loved one, and then coming to them to help you integrate the experience. Just a thought of course.

At the end of the day this route is possible but may require some time and effort invested into it since psychedelic therapy is still fairly inaccessible. But if you put the time in there are ways to make it work with a mixture of therapy and using psychedelics on your own. If you luck out you may be able to find a reputable underground therapist or join in on one of MAPS' trials. Otherwise MAPS predicts that psychedelic therapy may be available as early as 2022 so if you can't access it, do keep it on your radar.

I hope this helps. As Mushboy said, cultivate your own like your life depends on it. Alcoholism sucks but it stems from trauma, and that trauma is not your fault. I wish you the best  :hug:

--------------------

:cookiemonster: Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: Why 'Psychedelic People' and the Psychedelic Movement Sucks:elmo:

:awesomenod: Easiest No-Pour Agar Method: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers:awesomenod:

Edited by Rhizomorph (10/21/20 06:43 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: finding a therapist...where psychadelics aren't legal [Re: Rhizomorph]
    #26999531 - 10/23/20 11:16 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

If you have a good relationship with your therapist or analyst you can suggest to them to turn up in a turned on state for a session. That way the therapist has no connection to the drug, you took it of your own volition outside pof his or her office, (s)he just works with your mind as they receive it. This puts your therapist entirely out of harms way.

Also, direct them to MAPS to read up.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleRhizomorph
Psychedelic Researcher
Other

Re: finding a therapist...where psychadelics aren't legal [Re: Asante]
    #26999727 - 10/23/20 01:19 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

:whatshesaid:

--------------------

:cookiemonster: Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: Why 'Psychedelic People' and the Psychedelic Movement Sucks:elmo:

:awesomenod: Easiest No-Pour Agar Method: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers:awesomenod:

Edited by Rhizomorph (10/23/20 01:19 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: geokills, veggie, LogicaL Chaos, Pastywhyte
1,916 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.