Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
graphical designs for a 4-wheeler (updated Jun 8 pics!)
    #2680438 - 05/14/04 10:46 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

well i havent posted in a long time but ive been busy with finals/moving/new semester and most importantly, working on my 4-wheeler. its a '95 yamaha blaster with stock everything. its a factory purple/black color scheme with john deere yellow rims (lol). So it may not be a racer but everythings got potential. Since i cant drop a twin turbo in my car because of extreme cost, i am projectless. Which leads me to a day of drinking killians and looking at the gay looking Blaster in my garage (yay i have a garage now that ive moved). So the damn socket set and screw driver were just sitting there and my friend and i had it 1/2 stripped in 10 minutes. I normally dont finish projects but having a disassebled atv occupying 1/2 your garage motivates you. damn im being to BLOGish here. ok to the point...

im painting the frame + swingarm + handle bars a anodized/powdercoat red (spray paint), sealing with ackrilic clear coat. which leaves a black gas tank cover, 1 piece rear plastic fender, left/right front fenders, and a front plastic grill. (im sorry for lack of pics atm). im planning on doing the parts listed (except the gas tank cover which will be fabricated from black carbon fiber) predominantly black with blue designs on fenders. so is there anyone who has a design that can be applied across the set of fenders in blue on the black base.

i KNOW theres some talent out there that probably already have made a badass design in photoshop that would look good. just something not too detail requiring (im masking and using spray paint) thanks a lot if you bothered to read all that. ill see what i can do bout posting some pics of my progress so far and what exactly the fenders look like.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Edited by Eightball (06/08/04 05:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSkunkman
unbeknownst
Re: graphic designs for a 4-wheeler [Re: Eightball]
    #2680546 - 05/14/04 11:18 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

looks like...umm...well...I may submit something soon, gotta get around to it...

I'd say change the ghey pink frame to a cooler color of your choice, get rid of the pink rims on the back tire, and just pimp out that mothafucka :wink:

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: graphic designs for a 4-wheeler [Re: Skunkman]
    #2680684 - 05/14/04 11:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Did you just skip to the picture?  That's not his bike, he's got yellow rims :smirk:

Anyways, sounds like a cool project - too bad I know jack crap about this sort of thing.  Good luck eight :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: graphic designs for a 4-wheeler [Re: geokills]
    #2703324 - 05/19/04 09:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

exhaust system sanded to remove rust, repainted and clearcoated

new color, sorry bout the unfocused shot

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #2703331 - 05/19/04 09:24 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

with plastics you need a special plastic primer... your best bet is to find decals through a cycle/atv shop...

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: graphic designs for a 4-wheeler [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #2703334 - 05/19/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ive got special Krylon paint meant for plastics. has the flexi agent in there.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#2703449 - 05/19/04 09:50 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

its not the flexing... its the sticking... scuffing it wont help... you only need a pint of the stuff... its a clear solvent you wipe it down with allow it to flash off for a couple hours then your ready to paint...

I would do this if I were doing it... lay a base coat of the flexi black (dull is fine), use 1/8 or 1/4 inch blue masking tape to lay your initial design (flames are easiest they can be freehanded or a reversable paper template made). then use a silver/bronze or gold/bronze middle coat... allow it to dry overnight, wet sand it lightly with 600grit to bring it smothe... touch up any thing needed and for a final coat get a 'candy' finish in what ever medium of paint you are using (epoxy, enamel, laquer, etc...)

when your done the results will look like this... it takes a little time and patience but you can achieve remarkable results with a spray can...

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#2703459 - 05/19/04 09:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

heres an extra sort of idea... remember... its mostly time and taping.... a little newspaper...

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: graphic designs for a 4-wheeler [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #2703468 - 05/19/04 09:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

jeez thats nice. i wish i wasnt limited to a few basic colors. if i had an air brush id just buy the color paint i want and add the flex agent but im poor and just using spray paint =(

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#2703524 - 05/19/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

you can do it with spray paint... pick up a little 400 and 600 grit wet/dry sand paper... put a clear or candy coat over it... sanding it the key... use water and tape well... its cheaper than you think especialy on small surfaces... you'll have enough paint left over to do others and can charge a couple hundred for it...

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2708856 - 05/20/04 10:51 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

here are some pics i just took of the frame after many many many hours of hand sanding with 400 grit + Metalcast Groundcoat + 2 coats Metalcast Anodized (red) Color Coat + 2 coats acrilic clearcoat. these pics dont do it justice. you have to see it in the sun and see all the specs of reflectivity in the paint.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#2709008 - 05/20/04 11:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

youre half way there... you already kow what to do and what you've go looks real good... if you use an 800 grit on the clear coat and then hit it with some wax it will be flawless... 4 weeks is optimum time frame but with spray cans its not a big deal...

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2775526 - 06/08/04 05:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

well heres the bike pretty much together. i just had to disconnect the rear swingarm to install a chain guide i had on order. the front fenders arent on yet or the seat but you get the basic idea. i got a chrome handle bar clamp, new grips, new handlebar guard, polished throttle case. its got a little bit of cosmetic work to do but it runs awesome now.

--------------------

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2825915 - 06/24/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

here it is. only Stuff left to do is to finish rebuilding the rEAr brake, detailed painting on fenders, carbon fibeR gas tank cover.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order