Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTheCheat
son of the lamb

Loc: Maillardville, Coquitlam,...
Astral Projection
    #2677314 - 05/14/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Have you guys heard of the astral projection?

http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa110501a.htm

its like a frequency you listen to and it wil allow you to have an OBE, they guarantee it too, im just wondering if anybody knows more about this stuff and if you think its a scam or actually can work.
if so, does anybody know how to get hold of the "Frenquency" w/o actually paying for them to DL them online?
help would be much appreciated

--------------------
?Religion is science, politics is Hollywood, and 50 cent is more influential than Dali Lama; welcome to the future?
-Fontaine

"Blessed are the peacemakers." Matthew 5:9

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeatRoad
Wander that road

Loc: SoCal
Re: Astral Projection [Re: TheCheat]
    #2677367 - 05/14/04 09:59 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I had to respond to this post. My girl is into this and I have heard fucking wild shit. She's had some times where she has walked through these different planes of existence, seeing animals and people of different sorts. She has seen some violent stuff, like a woman getting eaten by a shark. Some peaceful stuff too, like a winged tiger. Also, she has often seen a recurring character, a guy in purple cloak following her around on the astral plane at a distance. This sounds weird as hell, I know. I don't even know what it all means. But whatever the case, she is actually seeing this stuff.

Try and seek out an actual person you can talk to about the practice. There are people who actually practice and teach how to do this, and that could help.

Here's some new age site that offers a free course. But be weary of new agers. They can be a strange crowd.

http://www.mysticweb.org/

Hope all this helps or is at least interesting.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2679730 - 05/14/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds fun.

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#2679772 - 05/14/04 07:43 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

theyve pretty much fully proven that astral projection is completley due to part of your brain, the part of your brain that is responsible for cordination and such
http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/09/19/coolsc.outofbody/
if it is off, you get the illusion that you are out of your body
ive seen more evidence of this in my philosophy class, to lazy to dig up more links
nothing magical to it, its just hallucinations and such
before you guys flame me because you dont want to know the truth, Occam's Razor=k3y

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Astral Projection [Re: spud]
    #2680294 - 05/14/04 09:56 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

theyve pretty much fully proven that astral projection is completley due to part

Pretty much fully proven? Completely due to part? :smile:

its just hallucinations and such

There is nothing scientific about dismissing a phenomenon science does not yet understand as hallucinations. This reminds me of reading of UFO sightings witnessed by thousands of people at once also described as "mass hallucinations". What the hell is a mass hallucination?? What is the scientific basis for this?

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: Astral Projection [Re: Jellric]
    #2680395 - 05/14/04 10:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

show me any scientific link that says mass hallucinations exist, you just heard some made up media term
sorry i should of been more specific about hallucinations, i was reffering to something i read by Carl Sagan, (i cant believe i forgot which book it was from)
he explains that hallucinations make up a large part of reality that we percieve. we hallucinate much more than we think we do. i agree, if someone tried to explain something as a mass hallucination, that is bullshit and whatever they saw, they most likely did infact see (the conclusions they come to about the object might not be true though)
haha sorry i was multitasking while making my post and ended up saying what i ment to say wrong
im trying to say that there is a more logical explanation to many new age explanations how it works and within the SCIENCE community, they have found an explanation which they can kinda agree upon.

OfflineTheCheat
son of the lamb

#2683496 - 05/15/04 06:47 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

all i know is i love hullucinating and imma keep doing it but thanx for the link

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #2683531 - 05/15/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

There was a study involving a woman who was in a labratory setting. She was successfully able to astral project and read and memorize a 5 digit number on a piece of paper in another room, and then report it flawlessy after. Now there's some scientific proof to the contrary. I'll try to find a link to the study...

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: Astral Projection [Re: deff]
    #2683664 - 05/15/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

no study has validity without reproduction

OfflineTheCheat
son of the lamb

#2683700 - 05/15/04 07:43 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

about that woman who astral project and memorize the number in the other room, hmm.... pretty skeptical about that considering according to this link http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/09/19/coolsc.outofbody/ it's just the brain and our 'spirit' dont actually escape our physical body and roam around, i think its just all up in the head.

and thnx for the links blink

Offlinetezcatlipoca
but you can callme tez

Loc: nl, canada
    #2683719 - 05/15/04 07:49 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

astral projection is far more than just listening to a particular frequency to have an out of body experience.

if you are seriously interested in such things you should read some of aleister crowley's writings and his spiritual theories.

this should be a good starting place:
http://www.hermetic.com/

OfflineTheCheat
son of the lamb

Re: Astral Projection [Re: tezcatlipoca]
    #2683734 - 05/15/04 07:53 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hey blinkidiot, those links are good but they all dont work on me for osme reason, i mean, the brainwavegen cant even unzip itself properly and someone needs to convert the preset things to .mp3 files.

dude if you have it on .mp3 files or somethin, send it to me if you dont mind.

Offlinetezcatlipoca
but you can callme tez

Loc: nl, canada
    #2683742 - 05/15/04 07:56 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

sigh

OfflineTheCheat
son of the lamb

#2683749 - 05/15/04 08:00 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

...they recommend to not convert it to an mp3 format but idonno how to play it... its a .bwg (not familiar wit that format or how to convert it into somethin playable)

sorry but im an uber noob

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
    #2683756 - 05/15/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

For all we know, that part of the brain stimulated by the elctrodes in the study could be responsible for the bridge between consciousness and the material mind, and in fact the experience is just as valid. After reading that, all it basically states is that scientists can reproduce the phenomenon, but offers no actual reasoning for what causes it. Sorry, but that's not proof that "our 'spirit' dont actually escape our physical body and roam around". :laugh:

For example, here's another study that tries to argue the opposite point, but doesn't succeed at prooving it either. http://home.comcast.net/~neardeath/news/040403.htm

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2683937 - 05/15/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You can save BrainWave Generator output as a WAV file, and then use another application to convert WAV to MP3.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Astral Projection [Re: deff]
    #2686871 - 05/16/04 02:44 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

For all we know, that part of the brain stimulated by the elctrodes in the study could be responsible for the bridge between consciousness and the material mind, and in fact the experience is just as valid.

I had read about this find shortly after it happened. The article I read mentioned that the part of the brain they stimulated was believed to be used in spatial coordination - specifically, it gives you the feeling of being "inside" your head, slightly behind your eyes. This is the spatial location of your conscious thought, or what you are supposed to "feel" as a location, anyway.

The idea, then, was that by stimulating it the researchers shorted it out, resulting in the patient "locating" her conscious thought at a spot outside her head.

Food for thought :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineTheCheat
son of the lamb

Re: Astral Projection [Re: trendal]
    #2687835 - 05/16/04 05:20 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

nice.

does anybody know a good crack sit or key to register Brainwave Gen ?

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2688157 - 05/16/04 06:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

There are a lot of sound files called hemi-sync that can be downloaded from most p2p's, these are definitely really good for this kind of thing, aswell. Though I can't say I ever had an OBE or any mystical experience while listening to them, I do think they could have helped get me ready for it.

Edited by ekomstop (05/17/04 04:53 AM)

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #2688435 - 05/16/04 07:41 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I know that explains the _feeling_ of being outside of yourself, but there are numerous people advanced in it that can move their consciousness around and gather information otherwise impossible to reach from their location. If you want to read more, www.astralsociety.com is a good site with forums on such matters. I know it's easy to believe in the scientific study, but keep in mind that they only think it is related with spatial sense and that the patient's experience are nowhere near the experience of self projectors who do so through meditation. People I know who have experienced it say that once you do it changes your life and you cannot deny it's validity.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals