Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetimeslip
Stranger
Pregnant and shrooming?
    #2677011 - 05/14/04 07:25 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Since our shrooms are harvested now, my wife and I plan to trip this weekend. This weekend is a "test trip" since we haven't shroomed in a couple years, and we want to test the potency of our shrooms because we're going on vacation NEXT weekend to Myrtle Beach, and plan to trip one whole day there!

But here's the question: Has any female tripped while pregnant? My wife could be pregnant (but most likely is not), and is concerned about shrooming in case she is pregnant (which she probably is not). I read a report that said nothing about the female, but said there isn't enough evidence to support problems caused by the male shrooming BEFORE having sex.

From my quick research, it seems that ingesting shrooms while pregnant doesn't affect anything, but I need some reassurance. However, I would think that ingesting a chemical-based drug (like acid) while pregnant COULD potentially cause problems.

Any ideas?

timeslip

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemonkey_monkey
lover

Loc: UK
Re: Pregnant and shrooming? [Re: timeslip]
    #2677049 - 05/14/04 07:37 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Why risk it?

--------------------
Monkeys need lovin too!

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

#2677146 - 05/14/04 08:27 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

risk waht monkey?

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#2677191 - 05/14/04 08:50 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Buy your wife a pregnancy test and if she's pregnant, skip the trip.

Psychedelics are meant for rational people who are mature enough to make intelligent choices about what they want or do not want entering their bodies. Babies can't make these decisions.

Would you feed your newborn drugs? That's exactly what your wife would be doing.

Don't do it.

Offlinetimeslip
Stranger
Re: Pregnant and shrooming? [Re: boxtop703]
    #2677216 - 05/14/04 09:02 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Boxtop, you're absolutely right. She does plan to take a pregnancy test either tonight or tomorrow morning, and shrooming while pregnant seems like a bad idea.

But surely it's been done before, hasn't it? I'm not trying to justify doing it, but still . . . has anyone ever heard of anyone shrooming while pregnant?

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2677385 - 05/14/04 10:05 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

> has anyone ever heard of anyone shrooming while pregnant?

I'm sure it has been done, but I doubt there is much research on the subject. Why research something that is bad and illegal? (sarcasm) If anybody knows the answer to this question, it will be MJ.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

#2677503 - 05/14/04 10:51 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

research = k3y

Offlinetimeslip
Stranger
    #2677912 - 05/14/04 12:34 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Found out this afternoon that she is definitely not pregnant (Aunt Flo's in town) so our trips are back on schedule.

We discussed it, though, and decided that if she was pregnant, we would save a little bit and sell all the rest.

Thanks again for the wisdom.

timeslip

OfflinePotIsYourFriend
Pot Inspector

#2677951 - 05/14/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Best to do it when she wakes up and its her first piss not in the middle of the afternoon.. But it's your kid not mine..

----------We discussed it----------

You had to go that far, I take it you guys are under 18...

Sorry if I sound like a prick but babies are a very sensitive subject..

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2678010 - 05/14/04 01:00 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

definitely there have been women who have ingested psychedelic drugs while pregnant... (especially during the hippie era (say 1965-1975 or so...)
lester grinspoon (in his totally excellent book _psychedelic drugs reconsidered_ ) interviewed a fair number of "psychedelic babies" (dosed in utero) and found them to be OK young adults...
~
(one of the main objections to lsd while pregnant is that lsd can cause strong uterine contractions)
(some ergot-derived chemicals are still used to help the birthing process to keep moving right along; and ergot itself was used for assisting birth & for inducing abortions back in "the olden days"...)
~
(ummm, in the fall '96 "tricycle" magazine there is an article by simone garrigues entitled "to the source" during which she remembered her trip inside her mother while 2 weeks along...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
    #2683219 - 05/15/04 05:31 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

A good friend of mine was concieved while his mother was on mushrooms. He turned out a little slow, but I think that had more to do with his upbringing. Not to say he isn't intelligent tho.

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2683998 - 05/15/04 09:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

babies are more important then tripping, she could wait...

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2685434 - 05/16/04 02:28 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

don't do it. why take the risk? just wait and trip after the pregnancy and brestfeeding. your waiting will be rewarded :wink:

better safe than sorry right :smirk:

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #2686437 - 05/16/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

timeslip said:
I would think that ingesting a chemical-based drug (like acid) while pregnant COULD potentially cause problems.

Shrooms have chemicals in them too.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: Pregnant and shrooming? [Re: SixCee]
    #2686824 - 05/16/04 02:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

everything has chemicals in it for that matter :smile: you are chemicals

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2691180 - 05/17/04 12:38 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

If your wife is pregnant, you've got a whole major trip coming up anyway man so I'd say find out if she is and if this is the case, just wait until the birth of your child if you're looking for a trip.

If she's not pregnant (FIND OUT!), then shroom away. I haven't read anything that says pregnant women should not trip, but I dunno it just seems best to keep it safe and avoid them

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
    #2691488 - 05/17/04 01:49 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Why take the chance with something so important?

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #2691560 - 05/17/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

How safe is it to take LSD when pregnant? Could it affect the unborn baby, and how? --Vix

Dear Vix:
Quite honestly, I do not know. I don't think anyone knows. A number of years ago, I was teaching a Psychology course at the Pacific Graduate School of Psychology down in the Stanford area, and one of my students asked me this very question. She volunteered that she had fallen totally in love with a young man, and that she had become pregnant, and that she had just recently taken a hefty dose of LSD. Was she at risk for some teratogenic mess-up of her forthcoming fetus? I told her that there was no known clinical evidence that should give her any concern, and that she should proceed with her life with optimism and full hope for the future. Her child was completely normal.

But my advice was without medical documentation. No one knows if there is any connection between LSD use and embryonic malformation. The period of sensitivity for damage, in the human animal, is probably in the first four or five weeks of pregnancy. And this is a time slot where one is maybe not even aware of being pregnant.

I have a simple axiom that I totally believe in. If you are pregnant, or if you might be pregnant, do not use any drugs. No drugs at all. Not just during the first trimester but in all three trimesters. Do not use LSD, do not use caffeine, do not even use special diets. Eat and behave normally. No behavioral extremes or even any climbs to the top of Mount Everest. In a year you will be back to your own self, and you can push your personal limits again just a little bit. But for that magical nine months cool it, and stay on a healthy, simple diet. Let your doctor advise you and keep watch over you and your developing baby.

-- Dr. Shulgin

http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/shulgin/adsarchive/lsd_pregnancy.htm

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2692179 - 05/17/04 04:19 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

While everybody is right, dont risk it. In the intrest of answering a question I did some research. Apparently, irregular meletonin in the pineal gland is the single biggest cause of miscarriages. Right above chromosonal damage.

Offlinevikingkong
Stranger
Re: Pregnant and shrooming? [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #12883523 - 07/11/10 05:20 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Lots of advice here, and probably a good idea to avoid drug use in general while pregnant, BUT if it were me, I wouldn't be very worried during the earliest stages of pregnancy because the things most likely to be affected aren't developed yet...meaning if I was in an advanced stage of pregnancy I'd be worried about doing harm to the developing brain, but in the very earliest stages we're talking about just a clump of undifferentiated cells...no brain to speak of to do damage to, so my personal feeling is, I wouldn't do it knowingly, but if I found out later that I was a few weeks pregnant when I tripped I wouldn't worry. If I took hallucinogens while my fetus's brain was more fully formed I'd worry about messing up the little brain. Remember what happened to little Alia in the Dune books!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag