Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Seems S&P ideals are merely a facade for some.
    #2672148 - 05/13/04 02:08 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

What kind of life-long student of philosophical, Christian and moral ideals and long-term S&P member would find it OK to write this merely because it is not in this forum:

I missed you (*member name deleted*) by *member deleted* [04.20.04 06:29pm]
just like I missed contracting AIDS.

1. Eat shit
2. Die

Why does the administration find this to be OK? Should not a co-writer of many shroomery policies not be a role model and beyond these grammar school insults? Are these tenets to be donned like a mask when entering this sanctuary and then immediately discarded when leaving?

A retraction and public apology might begin to mend the damage done. Of course, when one is stuck in ego, ANY ACTION no matter how heinous can be justified. Therein lies the danger of spiritual arrogance and being "holier than thou".

Talk about spirituality is fine, but if not lived is worthless.

Note: Rather than getting this out in the open, I fully expect this thread to be locked shortly even though it is a valid subject for discussion. Politics, mi amigos, politics! I dont care if I get banned for this thread as I will take the heat. Watching the very young verbally attacked member leaving the forum in tears is just plain unacceptable.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Seems S&P ideals are merely a facade for some. [Re: Swami]
    #2672243 - 05/13/04 03:01 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

If S&P ideals are a facade for some, then they are a facade for some.

For the ideals brought up in this forum, those who choose just to use the ideals as discussion topics rather than guidelines for life simply accentuate those who utilize the latter. You can't expect everything out of everyone.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Seems S&P ideals are merely a facade for some. [Re: daba]
    #2672259 - 05/13/04 03:11 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You can't expect everything out of everyone.

What should one expect from someone setting themselves up as a role model? For one whom many look up to, is sub-standard behavior OK?

--------------------

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2672300 - 05/13/04 03:56 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Every orange is not sweet.

There will be those who appear as role models but act paradoxically. Hopefully, to keep oranges, well oranges, lets keep the people I just stated at a minimum. The real question is, will this thread affect those who it was intended to affect; either directly or indirectly?

Personally, I believe that this type of behavior is unacceptable, but all is in the eye of the beholder. How is the recipient of this "complaint," for a lack of a better word, going to react?

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
    #2672311 - 05/13/04 04:05 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The real question is, will this thread affect those who it was intended to affect; either directly or indirectly?

indeed...

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #2672364 - 05/13/04 05:13 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Note: Rather than getting this out in the open, I fully expect this thread to be locked shortly even though it is a valid subject for discussion. Politics, mi amigos, politics! I dont care if I get banned for this thread as I will take the heat. Watching the very young verbally attacked member leaving the forum in tears is just plain unacceptable.

Besides the dramatical manner you present this issue i do agree this kind of behavior is questionable and some might find it unacceptable, although i'm not personally aware of any of this.
Your words would have more impact if you PM the administration you know ...

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisiblemr crisper

#2672420 - 05/13/04 06:00 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

what are s&p ideals?
do you mean the rules pinned above?

but really, what are some s&p ideals?
it might be nice to establish some kind of manifesto and pin that up too.

did i ever tell you how much i love water?

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2672562 - 05/13/04 07:34 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I missed you (*member name deleted*) by *member deleted* [04.20.04 06:29pm]
just like I missed contracting AIDS.

1. Eat shit
2. Die

Wow, you get fan mail too? I thought I was the only one...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Seems S&P ideals are merely a facade for some. [Re: Seuss]
    #2672841 - 05/13/04 09:10 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think he is referring to a rating given by Mr Mushrooms:

http://www.shroomery.org/matts/rate/rati...;Number=2672148

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Seems S&P ideals are merely a facade for some. [Re: Jellric]
    #2673035 - 05/13/04 10:19 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Ahhh... I like mine better:

This guy wants to party by Dogomush [07.25.03 04:13pm]

Ok, you give me a low rating, I give you a lower rating. That's right, this is a ransom note. If you ever want a 5 shroom rating, then acknowledge that what you call youthfullness should not detract from my rating. MY brain's flavour is more complex than most, not inferior. You don't like my approach cause you're an old dog and I'm a new trick. I'll be watching my rating page for the delivery. (5 shrooms no less)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2673060 - 05/13/04 10:29 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

as far as your point considering the staff members actually still letting that comment stay, I dunno..you may have a point, but then again do the green people (I mean this is a very good way! :grin: ) even really look at everyone's ratings? I may jsut be naive about this of course and if this is the case, well then that's my bad :smile:

this rating looked like it was done well after MM was part of the green people.  when you say when one doesn't live the ideals, it is worthless.  I agree to THAT extent because to experience is what better to just intellectually "get it."  To live it, gives a deeper meaning in one's posts, because it is just a tad more too it.  It is the essence of writing well IMHO, and it shows.

you mention that if they don't live it...that their ideas are worthless, and I say to THAT extent no.  I know MM has helped you in because I remember a post where you thanked MM for helping you through your dark night of the soul...or something to that extent.  are those ideas he gave to help you worthless as well?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2673067 - 05/13/04 10:34 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

btw, check out lightningfractals ratings.  especially after the madhouse in PA&L yesterday. :grin: I mean I sorta hate to say this but some of them are hilarious.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2673225 - 05/13/04 11:15 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

How is the recipient of this "complaint," for a lack of a better word, going to react?

I dunno, but I am much more concerned about the emotional health of the fragile young member.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Seems S&P ideals are merely a facade for some. [Re: Seuss]
    #2673250 - 05/13/04 11:23 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, you get fan mail too? I thought I was the only one...

I am not so concerned as to how a member rates me, but the quote is not even about me. The wounded member in question turned to me as a last resort and has not come back since this viscious attack. Don't think that's what we want here.

Nor do I understand why a shroomery pillar finds it personally acceptable to harm others when not in S&P. A heart icon in one hand and a dagger in the other...

--------------------

OfflineHypnoToad
Stranger

#2673269 - 05/13/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Forgive if I come off as dramatic or extreme but, comments likes this have often caused young people to commit suicide.Young minds are fragile ecosystems as it is and soemtimes a comment like this will push them right over the edge.Especially if they're standing on the edge already due to rough life circumstances or what not.I personally have known people to commit suicide or harmful comments like this one because they were so down and depressed and hurt as it was and it was the dagger in the heart to push them just far enough over the edge.

Some people are also sensitive and can be emotionally scarred for a long time or even life.

Words have the power to create or destroy in so many ways.

I appologize if my post offended anyone or if I seem too extreme.

--------------------
"There is no fire like lust, no grip like hate, no net like delusions, no river like craving."

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Seems S&P ideals are merely a facade for some. [Re: kaiowas]
    #2673294 - 05/13/04 11:36 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I know MM has helped you in because I remember a post where you thanked MM for helping you through your dark night of the soul...or something to that extent. are those ideas he gave to help you worthless as well?

I am thankful for his assistance, but that does not give him a lifetime pass to abuse me or others. The ideas he shared with me on how to live a happier, more fulfilled & balanced life and the ideas he shares on S&P certainly seem to fall flat if a 50 year old elder gets off on abusing a teenage girl in the most viscious manner possible. I am concerned for her well-being as she had an abusive father, now here she has an abusive father-figure. Do you not see that this is not just a petty squabble among peers?

MM ran a tight ship when an S&P administrator, but appears to have no boundaries when dealing with others on a personal level.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2673330 - 05/13/04 11:45 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

*cough* DRAMA *cough*

After all the talk we had...you still feel it necessary to bring these personal wars into the forum. :nonono:

Yes, this thread is now locked.

For the 129435th time: leave this personal shit out of the forum, Swami.

If you have a problem with a certain member, send a PM to the admins. S&P isn't here for this kind of stuff.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies