Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineforeversearching
Friendly Stranger
ID Request - Outer North East Melbourne Finds (Subaeruginosa look alikes?)
    #26689501 - 05/23/20 01:38 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Habitat:
Please see habitat pics below.
Otherwise, pine forest, fallen wood.

Gills:
Gills attached, maybe light brown?

Stem:
Thin fleshy wavy stems. Not sure on bruising but many have white and a bit of black? They are about 2.5mm diameter. The bigger ones are about 6-8mm diameter. Length for all ranges from about 20mm. The bigger ones maybe 30-40mm.

Cap:
Caps diameter generally about 15-25mm.
Bigger ones (the three big ones) are about double that.
Most caps have lighter around the middle with darker brown around the outsides.

Spore print color:
TBA!

Bruising:
The bruising is really hard to tell.
I don't think they're bruising blue - maybe darker black?

Other information:
Scent is quite pleasant. They smell typical of a mossy forest floor.
Could these be galerina?

The ones that look a bit different are the top row four on the right hand side (last four pics, top row).

Pics!:

Edited by foreversearching (05/23/20 01:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNickoloxious
Forest solivagant
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: ID Request - Outer North East Melbourne Finds (Subaeruginosa look alikes?) [Re: foreversearching]
    #26689517 - 05/23/20 01:54 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

foreversearching said:Could these be galerina?

Thats them.
:death:

--------------------

Offlineforeversearching
Friendly Stranger
Re: ID Request - Outer North East Melbourne Finds (Subaeruginosa look alikes?) [Re: Nickoloxious]
    #26689583 - 05/23/20 02:54 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Terrifying, they look almost identical to subs besides the blue bruising.

I believe not all Galerina are toxic. Are these specific finds toxic?

Are Galerina species rare to find in Victoria/Australia?
I definitely see a lot of sub confirmed IDs and almost no galerina finds. If blue bruising is the only thing that differentiates galerina from subs, this is definitely eye opening and very scary to me!

Edited by foreversearching (05/23/20 03:07 AM)

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA Flag
Re: ID Request - Outer North East Melbourne Finds (Subaeruginosa look alikes?) [Re: foreversearching]
    #26689586 - 05/23/20 02:58 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

foreversearching said:

I believe all Galerina are not toxic. Are these specific finds toxic?

I definitely see a lot of sub confirmed IDs and almost no galerina finds. If blue bruising is the only thing that differentiates galerina from subs, this is definitely eye opening and very scary to me!

Gills are orangey on gallerina, subs very from tan through different shades of brown, Never orange. Stem colour is different, i believe. Subs stems are usually a pure white. Caps are a bit different too but also similiar. Sporeprint colour is different, subs give off purple brown spore prints and gallerina rusty brown/orange. Galerina generally have an annulus and subs do not.

You have 2-3 different species there, not all are galerina.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

Offlineforeversearching
Friendly Stranger
Re: ID Request - Outer North East Melbourne Finds (Subaeruginosa look alikes?) [Re: OOISI]
    #26689594 - 05/23/20 03:13 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OOISI said:
Quote:

foreversearching said:

I believe all Galerina are not toxic. Are these specific finds toxic?

Gills are orangey on gallerina, subs very from tan through different shades of brown, Never orange. Stem colour is different, i believe. Subs stems are usually a pure white. Caps are a bit different too but also similiar. Sporeprint colour is different, subs give off purple brown spore prints and gallerina rusty brown/orange. Galerina generally have an annulus and subs do not.

You have 2-3 different species there, not all are galerina.

Thanks so much. Could some of these be Galerina at all? https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26678065#26678065. I found them in a similar environment.

InvisibleNickoloxious
Forest solivagant
 User Gallery

#26689600 - 05/23/20 03:25 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OOISI said:You have 2-3 different species there, not all are galerina.

:whathesaid:
Looks like the ones In the third line of pictures is something else and the ones in the middle pic directly above could be too.

In the post you linked. If you’re referring to the two imposters in the bottom left of group C. They’re probably not Galerina.

--------------------

Offlineforeversearching
Friendly Stranger
Re: ID Request - Outer North East Melbourne Finds (Subaeruginosa look alikes?) [Re: Nickoloxious]
    #26689607 - 05/23/20 03:36 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nickoloxious said:
Quote:

OOISI said:You have 2-3 different species there, not all are galerina.

:whathesaid:
Looks like the ones In the third line of pictures is something else and the ones in the middle pic directly above could be too.

In the post you linked. If you’re referring to the two imposters in the bottom left of group C. They’re probably not Galerina.

Cool thanks, I hope A&B are all subs (they did drop purple spors, except in B stem 3 from the left, has not much of a cap and was hard to see the spores). So I hope that it isn't an imposter that was accidentally picked and now is secretly mixed with the others waiting to kill me:grin:.

Edited by foreversearching (05/23/20 03:37 AM)

InvisibleNickoloxious
Forest solivagant
 User Gallery

#26689617 - 05/23/20 03:45 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

It’s most probably fine. But if it bothers you and you haven’t ground them all up yet. I would just pick that one out and get rid of it. Peace of mind is always better than being unsure about what you’re taking.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags