Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineqasqer
Stranger
Please help check on my first agar cultivation
    #26585562 - 04/08/20 05:12 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Hi! Thanks for reading my first post on mushroom cultivation :grin:
Since I got lucky finding some panaeolus cyanescen, I took the leap of faith to try cultivate some using agar, but now I need some guidance on my agars :smile:

My first pour was pretty bad as the agar start solidify, but I still inoculate it with spore and do a transfer later, and it turns out pretty well despite the bad landscaping.

petri A - my proudest one so far

petri B - there is some good looking mycelium growing despite the mold at 9oclock

petri C - stuff of nightmare that grows fast and spill out of the dish, would this be cobweb mold(?)

right after the photos, I did a transfer and let it sit a day or two
and it turns out most of the dishes I transferred seem to have white hair on it. which i think i might have contaminate the agar during the transfer.

petri A - now it starts getting a little hairy on the surface, but unlike the cobweb I had before, it

petri A - different lighting/angle

petri D - the middle is a agar transferred from petri B, the rest is a new spore I added around it.

on closer look, the agar on petri D start growing white hairy stuff out of it, and same goes the same with the rest of my transfers on other dishes.

Could anyone let me know what's going on with dem? :tongue:
what should I do? should I spray it with Hydrogen peroxide?
Edit: I think I might be witnessing the miracles of hyphae :grin:

Edited by qasqer (04/08/20 06:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepoisoned
untitled
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Yurop
Re: Please help check on my first agar cultivation [Re: qasqer]
    #26585982 - 04/08/20 09:33 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Petri D looks fine to me so far. But why did you transfer to it from two different sources? It's quite backwards, because you're now cross contaminating samples.

--------------------
How I do glass dishes

Offlineqasqer
Stranger
Re: Please help check on my first agar cultivation [Re: poisoned]
    #26586081 - 04/08/20 10:23 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

i did not think things through while im doing the transfer, I just thought I might keep growing and continue transfer until i get a clean plate. now i know keep it separate :tongue:

thanks for sharing your thought, after encountering the creepy molds, I thought the transfer went wrong when the agar get hairy

thanks for the confident :smile:

Offlinepoisoned
untitled
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Yurop
Re: Please help check on my first agar cultivation [Re: qasqer]
    #26586106 - 04/08/20 10:47 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

My agar always gets hairy like that when I do the transfer. It's just kiddie myc.

--------------------
How I do glass dishes

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder