Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Retirement before the age of 50
    #2656270 - 05/09/04 09:30 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

One of my best freinds in the world is retiring. He will be 47 when he does it at the end of the year. This is me and him on Mt. Whitney a few years back.

His wife has survived recurring brest cancer (she has been cancer free for 3 years now). He recently had a cancer scare. They thought he had liver cancer. Another good freind of ours just had a cancerous brain tumor taken out and he is only in his mid-50s.

All these things got them thinking about it. They feel like even if they live long enough to reach retirement age then they won't be able to do any of the things they want anyway. So they are selling everything they owm, buying a motorhome, and travelling. Just like those old retired couples that you see travelling around now but they will be in their 40's!!

He figures they can buy the motorhome they want and still have a nice chunk in the bank to get started on (150-200 thousand). This is due to the large amount of equity in there home, selling everything else, and money they already have saved. And as they feel the need they can settle in to an area and work for a while to replenish funds.

I think this is just about the best thing anyone could do. And I've gotta give them credit for having the balls to do it. Why wait until you can't enjoy it to retire? I mean, worst case scenario is that you spend a few great years travelling and doing what you want before you feel you have to settle down and go back to work full-time. And knowing these two people the way I do, I doubt that will ever be a problem. They are simple people who need very little to be happy and I think this lifestyle will suit them well.

So all the best to my good freinds. Fuck it, lets all retire!!

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Retirement before the age of 50 [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #2656273 - 05/09/04 09:33 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm going to retire at the age of 35 with $50-100 million to my name.

That, or I'm going to be dead. Quite a dilemma... filthy rich or dead. That's why I'm working hard at school and studies right now, so I can travel without financial problems.

Don't doubt.

:heart:
daba

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2656276 - 05/09/04 09:34 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

sounds excellent!

The problem is most people just don't have the funds to do that...Hell they work just so they can have a house so they can get a car , that ironicly they need to get to work..

I think its great they can do this, wish more people could.

I hope to be able to retire when I'm 40. I will still work but the piece of mind would be great

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Retirement before the age of 50 [Re: daba]
    #2656277 - 05/09/04 09:34 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

50-100 mil...do tell your secret

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Retirement before the age of 50 [Re: goobler]
    #2656285 - 05/09/04 09:38 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

goobler said:
The problem is most people just don't have the funds to do that...

------------------------------------

Right. Most people don't. However, I am not your average Joe. I don't want to brag so I'm not going into details here.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Retirement before the age of 50 [Re: daba]
    #2656293 - 05/09/04 09:41 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I was mearly interested in how you will amass this wealth, sorry for probing

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Retirement before the age of 50 [Re: goobler]
    #2656303 - 05/09/04 09:47 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

It's all gravy. PM me or IM me if you wanna chat!

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#2656348 - 05/09/04 10:08 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

That is so cool. Kudos to them...how inspiring! That is what I'd like to do!

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
    #10772215 - 07/31/09 01:32 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ToTheSummit said:
One of my best freinds in the world is retiring.  He will be 47 when he does it at the end of the year.  This is me and him on Mt. Whitney a few years back.

His wife has survived recurring brest cancer (she has been cancer free for 3 years now).  He recently had a cancer scare.  They thought he had liver cancer.  Another good freind of ours just had a cancerous brain tumor taken out and he is only in his mid-50s.

All these things got them thinking about it.  They feel like even if they live long enough to reach retirement age then they won't be able to do any of the things they want anyway.  So they are selling everything they owm, buying a motorhome, and travelling.  Just like those old retired couples that you see travelling around now but they will be in their 40's!!

He figures they can buy the motorhome they want and still have a nice chunk in the bank to get started on (150-200 thousand).  This is due to the large amount of equity in there home, selling everything else, and money they already have saved.  And as they feel the need they can settle in to an area and work for a while to replenish funds.

I think this is just about the best thing anyone could do.  And I've gotta give them credit for having the balls to do it.  Why wait until you can't enjoy it to retire?  I mean, worst case scenario is that you spend a few great years travelling and doing what you want before you feel you have to settle down and go back to work full-time.  And knowing these two people the way I do, I doubt that will ever be a problem.  They are simple people who need very little to be happy and I think this lifestyle will suit them well.

So all the best to my good freinds.  Fuck it, lets all retire!!

so hows their retirment going, they should have been able to travel the whole of the US in that time.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: Retirement before the age of 50 [Re: sui]
    #10774336 - 07/31/09 12:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

They're still doing their thing.  Still living in the RV, still travelling, still loving it.  They usually go to an area and settle in for a bit.  They'll get a job just to keep busy and make some extra spending cash, but they keep themselves free of any permanent ties so they can drive off into the sunset whenever they feel like it.  They are in Idaho right now.  I'm happy for them, but I miss my friend.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

Loc: UK, Hellas
    #10774705 - 07/31/09 01:11 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'm 25 and unless something catastrophic happens I believe that I will be able to retire in about 7 years.........

Basicaly my mother has a property in a VERY VERY prime location and exactly next to that property is a very small piece of land (less than 100 SqM) which is useless to anyone as it is because of building regulations in the area. However, if I buy it and merge it with our property you can bulid a small shop and rent it. For 100 SqM in that area the rent is more than 2000 euro (about $3000)/month.

I'm working a lot and investing a lot in the stock market, I believe in 4-5 years the stock markets will reach their 2007 values and I'm calculation that by then time I will have a capital of as much as 100.000 euro (or even more) which will only act as a safety net or maybe a collateral for getting a loan for buying and developing the property.

The montlhy rental of the shop will be more than enough to cover the loan repayment and my expenses and I'll live the rest of my life doing only the things I enjoy:

Practicing Judo and Wrestling, DJing, Sex, Drugs, video games and travel.

So that's my strategy for retiring at 30ish!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder