Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

In regards to the: Which mushrooms grow in my area FAQ
    #2656017 - 05/09/04 06:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

redacted

Edited by NewfoundFreedom (05/23/14 09:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

Re: In regards to the: Which mushrooms grow in my area FAQ [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #2657266 - 05/09/04 03:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well, since this thread has gotten no replies I'm assuming either no one has any information regarding this matter, or no one cares. I've already emailed several universities around here so that I can get in touch with their Mycology departments and see what information they have to offer. If anyone else has information on this, it would great to be able to have it added to the FAQ section where it would be the most usefull.

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: In regards to the: Which mushrooms grow in my area FAQ [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #2657420 - 05/09/04 03:50 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yeah pan subbs are the only active ones in the states you listed. You might be able to find cubes in NC, but i dont' think cubes are very common there at all.

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: In regards to the: Which mushrooms grow in my area FAQ [Re: Rebirtha]
    #2657456 - 05/09/04 04:01 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

No one really cares to update those FAQs and yet everyone will scream at someone who doesn't read them.  The FAQs are extremely uninformitive and leave many unanswered questions. :jammingout:

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: In regards to the: Which mushrooms grow in my area FAQ [Re: Signo]
    #2657474 - 05/09/04 04:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

not really, the FAQ is pretty informative if you ask me. take a look:

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23470

InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

Re: In regards to the: Which mushrooms grow in my area FAQ [Re: Rebirtha]
    #2657694 - 05/09/04 05:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldn't go as far to say that the FAQ's are extremely uninformitive as they do have quite alot of usefull information, espescially for those new to mycology etc... However nothing is perfect, and can always be improved on. I'm not here to bitch, I'm only here to try and make the shroomery all it can be. Hopefully some of these university professors will be able to help me out a bit. Also if pan subbs are the only actives listed in those states, then perhaps that should be updated in that part of the section if you catch my drift. Also, not everyone comes to this site looking for information on active mushrooms. It would be nice to have a complete mushroom listing. Actives, edibles and so forth.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2658442 - 05/09/04 08:40 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

NewfoundFreedom said:
Also, not everyone comes to this site looking for information on active mushrooms. It would be nice to have a complete mushroom listing. Actives, edibles and so forth.

That would become quite extensive. Some places have thousands of mushroom species.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2659035 - 05/10/04 01:32 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

It's not quite as uninformative as you think...

It really helps if you read everything. If you would have read the foreword to the "wild mushrooms in my area", you would have seen this:

Quote:

Throughout the United States and Canada the species Panaeolus subbalteatus grows. Rather than create entries for states and provinces which would then have nothing else listed, it is probably a good assumption that this mushroom grows in those states and provinces not listed. Similarly, if it is not listed for a state or province, mentally add it.

The FAQ is an awesome tool when used properly(reading "everything", reading the right things, etc.) If you've have a problem with the FAQ feel free to send a PM to one of the hunting forum mods or one of the admins and we'll do our best to fix it.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2659040 - 05/10/04 01:34 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

As far as info for edibiles goes, maybe we will do this some day. Untill then, www.mushroomexpert.com is an excellent resource.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #2659068 - 05/10/04 01:47 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I have been updating the FAQ you refer to on an occasional basis. You mention Panaeolus subbalteatus as a species that should be mentioned for several states that are not otherwise listed, but the FAQ has the comment (third paragraph)

Quote:

Throughout the United States and Canada the species Panaeolus subbalteatus grows. Rather than create entries for states and provinces which would then have nothing else listed, it is probably a good assumption that this mushroom grows in those states and provinces not listed. Similarly, if it is not listed for a state or province, mentally add it.

As far as other species, if we receive a reliable report of an active species then it is added to that FAQ. Similarly, if somebody notes any other error, I will be happy to fix it. The main thing is that we want to make sure that any updates are as accurate as possible.

Your comment about non-active mushrooms is interesting. Currently there is no complete, comprehensive list of all mushroom species. A list of currently known mushroom species for North America would include several tens of thousands of species, most of which are rare and obscure. There are lots of PhD types out there devoting their professional careers to making small parts of that all-encompassing list. There are also many amateur mycologists helping with it. Certainly I could produce a list of several thousand species of mushrooms in North America, but without more information than just names I'm not sure what the value of that list would be. I suspect that producing such a list with accurate information on occurance by state in the US would probably be acceptable as a university thesis topic for a graduate degree.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

Re: In regards to the: Which mushrooms grow in my area FAQ [Re: Gumby]
    #2659103 - 05/10/04 09:43 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for your response Gumby. I did happen read the FAQ, along with the paragraph you quoted. I just don't feel comfortable with the whole "It's a good assumption that this species is in these certain places" bit. If there have been pan subbs found in a certain state, why not just put it down in writing. If there haven't been any found in that state, then that means there's lacking evidence, which leaves it as you and the FAQ put it, an "assumption". Also mental notes aren't viewable to those who don't know. These good assumptions can lead to wasted time. Either way it was just a suggestion and I respect your reply.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2660266 - 05/10/04 04:23 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I believe the assumption that they grow every where in the US is a very valid assumption. We've seen post with pictorial evidence that Pan subbs grow in Florida, Georgia, Califorinia, New York, and in Canada... Why wouldn't they grow everywhere in between? :tongue:

InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

#2660702 - 05/10/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well then if they do, then why not just put it down as a fact, instead of a good assumption. That's what I'm getting at.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #2661334 - 05/10/04 10:11 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

If we see good evidence to prove it we'll seriously consider bumping it up from "good assumption" to certainty.

In the end, the states that aren't explicitly listed are not going to be good places for hunting active mushrooms anyway. If you want to hunt for active species, you really need to go to one of the states where the list is fairly long (think Gulf Coast and Pacific Northwest). The time and effort required to find any active mushrooms here in Colorado must be orders of magnitude higher than you would need to find them in Washington or Florida.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

Re: In regards to the: Which mushrooms grow in my area FAQ [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2662001 - 05/11/04 05:13 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I keep hearing two different things, but good enough for me, I'll just look for specific info myself if the time comes when I need it. Thanks guys.

Anonymous

Re: In regards to the: Which mushrooms grow in my area FAQ [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2666053 - 05/11/04 11:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlinehidenseek
loafter
Male

Loc: Etoba-mi-coke
    #15267444 - 10/23/11 04:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
As far as info for edibiles goes, maybe we will do this some day.

can we have a edible list now, have shroomery members sumbit edible they found into state/provence/country  list

im sure the list would build fast

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder