Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
This is not the last face you want to see on Earth * 7
    #26549938 - 03/21/20 10:53 PM (4 years, 7 days ago)

If your loved ones die in the hospital right now, you can't be there when it happens because of visitation restrictions. Do you want mine to be the last face they see before having a tube shoved down their throat? I wouldn't either.

At the moment we are on pace to see over a million people die in this country from this disease alone. That doesn't include all of the people who will die because they can't receive treatment for other conditions.

For god's sake, please STAY THE FUCK HOME.

If everyone stays home for 3 weeks this shit is OVER and we can go back to normal life. Many of you are still living life like everything is normal and it IS NOT and WILL NOT BE if you continue to act that way.

Edited by morrowasted (03/22/20 12:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
Re: This is not the last face you want to see on Earth [Re: morrowasted]
    #26549948 - 03/21/20 10:58 PM (4 years, 7 days ago)

What if you have a healthy immune system?

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: This is not the last face you want to see on Earth [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #26549950 - 03/21/20 10:58 PM (4 years, 7 days ago)

please dont make the burden any heavier than it has to be

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
    #26549954 - 03/21/20 11:01 PM (4 years, 7 days ago)

How does allopathic medicine help if there is no cure?

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: This is not the last face you want to see on Earth [Re: Shiithead]
    #26549956 - 03/21/20 11:03 PM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Shiithead said:
What if you have a healthy immune system?

If you have a working immune system, you'll develop monoclonal antibodies to the disease. After you've become infected.

There is no such thing as a "good" immune system. It's a set of organ systems. You can think of your immune system like your kidneys. It either works, or it doesn't work as well as it should.

No matter how well your immune system works, you do not have antibodies to COVID-19. You may be walking around with a lot of antibodies to things like the flu or rhinoviruses and so you rarely become ill. That does not mean you are protected against COVID-19. It is a new disease.

There are seemingly healthy patients in their 30s dying of this disease.

It does seem to be the case that many patients with the worst outcomes have comorbidities like COPD and heart failure.

Even if you do not, and you don't expect to develop severe complications, when you are infected you are a vector, and you may inadvertently cause someone else to die.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: This is not the last face you want to see on Earth [Re: Shiithead]
    #26549961 - 03/21/20 11:07 PM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Shiithead said:
How does allopathic medicine help if there is no cure?

Supportive therapy. You get a tube shoved down your trachea and it is hooked up to a device that keeps your lungs from collapsing. You are given high-flow (usually 100% FiO2 which is normally rare). This stops you from dying even though your heart and lungs are not working well enough to keep you alive. You are given antibiotics to treat the pneumonia. Where I live, you are also given experimental antiviral drugs that may in fact turn out to cure many patients.

This is just the beginning.

Patients are developing a constellation of pathologies. The severe cases are all developing pneumonia, but this secondary to other processes. Many are developing viral cardiomyopathy and will experience lasting ventricular remodeling and heart failure at a younger age.

OfflineCatsLoveHouseMusic
SpeakerFreaker
 User Gallery

#26549996 - 03/21/20 11:47 PM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Do you really believe millions of people could die from this? It’s that serious huh man? I have been in quarantine (haven’t left the house besides grocery store,) for almost two weeks now. Trying to ride this out.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: This is not the last face you want to see on Earth [Re: CatsLoveHouseMusic]
    #26550008 - 03/22/20 12:02 AM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

CatsLoveHouseMusic said:
Do you really believe millions of people could die from this? It’s that serious huh man? I have been in quarantine (haven’t left the house besides grocery store,) for almost two weeks now. Trying to ride this out.

yes, I do.

In this country... I'd be surprised to see more than 1-1.5 million deaths from COVID19. That doesnt count people who die bc they cant get treatment for other conditions.

But worldwide yes, possibly into the tens of millions. Although most of the rest of the world is doing a much better job of containing this than the USA is.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#26550012 - 03/22/20 12:10 AM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Invisiblekoraks
    #26550013 - 03/22/20 12:10 AM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Although most of the rest of the world is doing a much better job of containing this than the USA is.

We'll have to see about this. I don't have particularly good expectations for Africa.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: This is not the last face you want to see on Earth [Re: koraks]
    #26550018 - 03/22/20 12:13 AM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
Quote:

morrowasted said:
Although most of the rest of the world is doing a much better job of containing this than the USA is.

We'll have to see about this. I don't have particularly good expectations for Africa.

:frown: Can't say that I do either

Some countries seem to have had the advantage of time. Actually we did too in the USA we just didn't use it. Not too many folks travel to Chad for example, and last I checked they had reported zero cases and shut down all borders/travel. In theory they could keep it out, if it's truly not there yet.

Invisiblekoraks
    #26550022 - 03/22/20 12:21 AM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Yeah, if they really manage to lock the borders, they have a chance.
The major risk is in the attitude of the population, I think. I was conversing with someone from Egypt yesterday. He said someone in his area had been diagnosed and the person was quarantined. "So," he argued, "we have successfully contained the situation." It's very difficult to explain to someone that if they identify one case, in all likelihood, they've got dozens going on unnoticed. And we all know that by that time, it's just too late to put a complete stop to it.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: This is not the last face you want to see on Earth [Re: koraks]
    #26550027 - 03/22/20 12:28 AM (4 years, 7 days ago)

I know exactly what you're talking about.

Comparisons between this disease and the flu have done a lot of damage to the public mentality about it. I was guilty of making them in the very beginning. Then reality hit me. It only hit me as quickly as I did because of my circumstances, but reality will hit you, too, if people don't wake the fuck up. And I don't expect that they will, at least not in sufficiently large numbers.

This disease is a totally different animal.

The kind of pneumonia it causes is totally unprecedented. The way it shows up on CT is unlike any disease we've seen before.

If we leave it totally unchecked, the world will certainly go on. As it did for millenia. We could expect 80% of the global population to catch the virus during any given pandemic, and 1% to die. The remainder would probably have antibodies for a while. Over the course of millenia, selective advantages would be conferred to the naturally resistant, and many humans would become resistant just as they are to the flu. But by then a new disease will have emerged.

Enter vaccines. It is our hope and prayer that this disease does in fact follow a seasonal pattern like the flu and become much harder to transmit during summer and early Fall. Hopefully in that time we can develop the ability to give people the antibodies they need without having to actually get sick with this disease before the next round.

In the meantime, to minimize the damage, we should avoid social contact as much as possible. Hopefully this will only need to last until early Summer.

Offlinepsillyboy
Florida man
 User Gallery

Loc: In the 60's
Re: This is not the last face you want to see on Earth [Re: morrowasted] * 7
    #26550029 - 03/22/20 12:29 AM (4 years, 7 days ago)

--------------------
"True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country - K. Vonnegut

“The real truth, that dare not speak itself, is that no one is in control. Absolutely no one.” ― Terence McKenna

"LSD is a psychedelic drug which occasionally causes psychotic behavior in people who have never taken it." - Timothy Leary

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: This is not the last face you want to see on Earth [Re: psillyboy] * 4
    #26550031 - 03/22/20 12:32 AM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

psillyboy said:

Stay safe, friends.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#26550041 - 03/22/20 12:44 AM (4 years, 7 days ago)

OfflineFrancoAmerican
Yes-man

Re: This is not the last face you want to see on Earth [Re: morrowasted] * 2
    #26550085 - 03/22/20 01:50 AM (4 years, 7 days ago)

I’m not sure where you get the “stay home for 3 weeks and this will all be over info” but that is simply not true.

Two things will stop this:

1. Enough people get infected and develop antibodies that the spread of infection is naturally curtailed..

2. A vaccine is developed and then manufactured followed by mass deployment. 

Besides that, COVID19 is here. This shit isn’t going to stop. The purpose of people staying home and isolating themselves is to slow the exponential spread of the virus and prevent a catastrophic collapse of the health care system.

Fact.

--------------------
Life ——>🍄🤯🍄😢🍄😆🍄😀🍄💀🤙🏼——->Death

Invisiblekoraks
Re: This is not the last face you want to see on Earth [Re: FrancoAmerican]
    #26550089 - 03/22/20 01:55 AM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Yes, the 3 week period is a wild and sadly extremely over-optimistic guess. A more likely scenario is a few weeks of fairly drastic shutdown measures, followed by alternating periods of somewhat more relaxed resp. quite strict limitations to social traffic, in response to a pattern of relative quiet phases punctuated by periodic flareups. This may be necessary for an extended period of time, let's say throughout 2020.

Edited by koraks (03/22/20 01:56 AM)

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: This is not the last face you want to see on Earth [Re: FrancoAmerican]
    #26550351 - 03/22/20 07:43 AM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

FrancoAmerican said:
I’m not sure where you get the “stay home for 3 weeks and this will all be over info” but that is simply not true.

Two things will stop this:

1. Enough people get infected and develop antibodies that the spread of infection is naturally curtailed..

2. A vaccine is developed and then manufactured followed by mass deployment. 

Besides that, COVID19 is here. This shit isn’t going to stop. The purpose of people staying home and isolating themselves is to slow the exponential spread of the virus and prevent a catastrophic collapse of the health care system.

Fact.

You do understand that viruses need hosts to survive for extended periods of time, right? 3 weeks is probably too optimistic but in 5 weeks yes I believe we could totally wipe out viral transmission with total lockdown.

Invisibledeucedbi9
Stranger

Loc: UK
    #26550392 - 03/22/20 08:13 AM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Are you aware morrow' of any use of theraputic plasma transfusions from those that have antibodies to the virus after having recovered?

--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates