Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
Re: Injecting Sterile Water? * 1
    #26443 - 07/31/00 11:55 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

The center of a cake that's fully colonized, right out of the jar is already so "tight" that it is nearly futile to inject water into it. . however, I've seen amendments to the tek to which you refer, and it involves using a central cylindrical shaft of pure vermiculite with no brown rice flour, so that mycellium doesn't completely overrun the center; which results in a central shaft that has the property of a sponge, and will accept water.

This can rehydrate the cake from the inside, and as you say, as long as you inject sterile water, there should be no downside. Just make sure you sterilize the needle between each cake.

A great way to accomplish this shaft, neat and clean, is to cut the bottom off a syringe, and pack some moistened vermiculite into the syringe, place this syringe vertically in the mason jar before filling with substrate. When the addition of the substrate is complete, use the plunger to deposit the vermiculite as you lift on the syringe, so the cylinder is well-shaped, and perfectly placed. My nematode doesn't take credit for this mini-tek, It read it somewhere. It's never tried it, so if you tell me how it works, I'll relate the info.

Good luck!!

------------------

--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Injecting Sterile Water? [Re: ChangLee]
    #26445 - 08/01/00 09:06 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

No need too if your humidity is ok.

-=zillion=-

Offline3DSHROOM
loon
Male

#26446 - 08/02/00 12:38 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

I have had success with injecting sterile water directly into the cake. It made the cakes explode with shrooms the next day. Hope this helps.

:wink:

------------------
..... LEGALIZE .....
See my pictures here.

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood loon

Anonymous

#26447 - 08/02/00 02:59 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

How much water do you think someone should use?

[This message has been edited by DarTank (edited August 02, 2000).]

Offline3DSHROOM
loon
Male

#26448 - 08/02/00 04:46 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

It really depends. Don't drown them. Give em a couple injections in different places around the cake and see if they respond.

------------------
..... LEGALIZE .....
See my pictures here.

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood loon

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #26449 - 08/02/00 05:25 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

I don't understand this thing about the cake being too tight to inject water.

Surely if you insert the needle of the syringe in the top and push the plunger the water will go into the cake and not come out?

Perhaps what you mean is that if one was to just put the syringe in and press the plunger, only the syringe hole would fill with water ?? (a mere 1ml or whatever).

Zillion, you say you've sucessfully injected water? Describe the process. Also, how did it affect yields (in terms of dry weight or how many mushrooms more, or percentage - just gimme numbers).

Kid

Anonymous

#26450 - 08/02/00 06:21 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

it dosnt need to be sterile if its fully colinized why waste your time

Anonymous

#26451 - 08/02/00 06:23 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Why not sterilize it? It doesn't take long at all... fill a syringe up with water and stick it in the microwave for a while... or boil it.

Hey, the less contams the better... in whatever stage...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags