Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblecollectivenectar
Newcomer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: variable
Southern Spain ID Help - Multiple Species Found
    #26324340 - 11/16/19 10:54 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Due to pic image issues, here's drive link to folder of all photos(in no particular order unfortunately):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cJTm-bmlWO12vK2Uhr-jSHIL-p8t3aeA

Edit: Spore Prints Taken! First Two Only, Third was apparently done for and did not produce.

Staying in a small town in the Northeast part of the Cadiz Province, Andalucia for almost 2 months, and I just recently decided to start foraging, just to get myself familiar with the process and maybe get lucky here or there.

Here are 3 species I found that are unidentified that have good details, and a 4th that I expect to not be usable. Sorry for not collecting the last one, and for not collecting multiples, I was getting tired(it was a long walk).

Habitat:
In a rolling hills part of the country, surrounded by olive groves (everywhere for miles with bits of wild growth here and there) and maybe a few other types of crops. Altitude is about 6-700m/2000ft. Soil can be occasionally rocky, and it's my guess but it actually reminds me a lot of Southern California soil. As you can see from the photos, soil can be sandy, sometimes with clay in it, sometimes not. This group of fungi I found was in an area on the shade side of a 20-30meter hill, with these fungi found on either side of a pathway--likely made by foot traffic, but not used very often, at least recently. There was a large amount of dead grass, some mint family plants, something else that almost looks like chickweed? None of these were growing on dung/wood, just soil covered with dead grass or just plain soil.

Photos should cover most details (I used wide ruled paper, so each line is just shy of 9mm)
For anything else I wrote up a few details, so please let me know if you have other questions before they begin to dry up(or rot, if I can't help it).

1st species (custard colored top) --- POSSIBLY Stropharia Coronilla?
Generic earthy smell(like button mushrooms), no discoloration or change in color on bruising. Spore print brown, NOT purple brown. A "warm" toned brown.

2nd Species (Dark brown broken cap, ~2" stem)
Same as above, basic earthy button mushroom smell, no discoloration or change in color on bruising. Stem is fibrous, stiff, splinters on breaking, juicy? Spore print black.

3rd Species (Grey brown cap, ~1/2'' stem)
After I brought this home, I thought maybe this species was somewhat dehydrated by the time I found it, but that's just a gut feeling-I have no expertise in this area, it doesn't really feel dry.
No particular smell(it's quite small though, I'd have to jam it up my nose, and I wouldn't really have to squeeze it that much to fit). Stem is super short, very dark, no change of color on bruising. Photo may make it more difficult to tell, but the gills aren't as packed, and seem a little tougher than your average gill. They're also attached to the stem a little further down from the top. Depression in the center is severe, almost puckering.

4th species (gregarious growth of orange appendiculate)
Sorry I didn't get more pictures or a sample, my wife was getting tired. Could try to
track it down again next chance I get, but it will be raining for the next several days so who knows, I just thought I'd give it a shot and see if anyone had the slightest idea. They are very small, very short, much like the 3rd species grey/brown one. Can't tell you much more :/

Anyways, I appreciate the help, hopefully I found something interesting!

J

Edited by collectivenectar (11/17/19 02:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Newcomer

Re: Southern Spain ID Help - Multiple Species Found [Re: collectivenectar]
    #26325912 - 11/17/19 01:55 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Spore print taken of first two only, third did not produce spores.

Also, mushroom observer may have identified #1 as stropharia coronilla, but spore print color is not purplish brown or black, which is what stropharia coronilla is stated to have.

--------------------
Just getting into Stamets and Mckenna, traveling a lot, trying to find medicines where I can, get to know the land I'm visiting.

Edited by collectivenectar (11/17/19 02:04 AM)

OfflineAnglerfishM
hearing things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norvegr Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #26326071 - 11/17/19 05:51 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I think Stropharia coronilla is a good suggestion for the first one.

Do you have a picture of the spore print?

--------------------

Newcomer

Re: Southern Spain ID Help - Multiple Species Found [Re: Anglerfish]
    #26326291 - 11/17/19 08:42 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

yes, I'll load it up

Just know the lighting sucked so it doesn't really look this dark in good lighting

--------------------
Just getting into Stamets and Mckenna, traveling a lot, trying to find medicines where I can, get to know the land I'm visiting.

Edited by collectivenectar (11/17/19 08:43 AM)

OfflineAnglerfishM
hearing things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norvegr Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #26326348 - 11/17/19 09:15 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Spore color is a good match for Stropharia, Alan's id is spot on.

--------------------

Newcomer

Re: Southern Spain ID Help - Multiple Species Found [Re: Anglerfish]
    #26326534 - 11/17/19 10:41 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I will defer to expertise -- Am I not seeing the purple then? or is it variable, as in, it could be reddish brown or purple brown?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies