Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Loc: Westworld
1.5G Trip Report (Ground into powder for gel caps) * 2
    #26300222 - 11/05/19 08:49 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Since it was requested by a wonderful user :heart:

Hopefully it isn't too disappointing

Quick Stats:

Quantity: 1.5G powder form cubes (left over powder from making capsules)

Dose time: 8PM

End time (about return to baseline): 11PM

Duration: Approx. 3 Hours. Extremely mild effects after 3 hours, mostly residual body load, no visuals.

After effects: Next day after glow was phenomenal. Calm, serene and with a sense of wonder.

Report:

So I posted a condensed report of a somewhat bad/uncomfortable trip here:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26266956

And decided that two weeks later I'd have another go. However, because I've had somewhat inconsistent experiences (since I have multispore cubes) I decided to grind them up in a coffee grinder and make caps (to hopefully make dosing more consistent).

After doing so, and originally planning on taking 3g's I realized that 1) I have work the next day so I don't want to be up all night and 2) I don't know how strong the powder will be so I'd rather take a lower dose as a test (and because I didn't heed the Mckenna notions "Nature loves courage" which I should have).

8PM: Powder mixed with juice. Slight anxiety upon drinking. Slight anxiety on come up. Nothing that lasts too long as I'm very familiar with such a dose and don't expect anything.
Body load begins about 30 minutes after ingestion. Body first feels like its pulsating at random spots, butterfly feeling in the stomach as well as slight discomfort from digestion. Soon the body becomes quite heavy and relaxed.

As this transpires, I have a hockey game on the TV. I begin to be unable to focus on it as I feel a strong pull to sit and or lay in darkness with music. I turn the game off, shut the lights and sit on the floor with headphones on and music going (genre: Ambient/Psychedelic/Downtempo).
This is where the experience begins. With my eyes closed I am transported to a park, watching an event from my past. I see myself with someone I was briefly involved with. This was a significant day as it was the day the whole thing fell apart (due to my fault).

I watch this past experience, music coursing through my body as I rock back on forth to the rhythm.
I begin to think to myself that it is time to let go of this event and forgive myself. Its lingering phantasm had chained me long enough and here, in this moment, I can face it.

9-10:30PM: After exiting that vision, I was rocking back and fourth with the music just being. I was at the peak of the experience. I wanted to move so i dragged myself off the floor onto the nearby bed. A little before this moment I had switched to listening to the Lateralus Album by Tool.
There was a slight pixelation to my vision with eyes opened, nothing too noticeable.
Now, laying in my bed, I was greeted by the pure embodiment of comfort. I traveled in between moments of feeling pure comfort in my body and simply forgetting it was even there. The music took me on a journey of letting go. Letting go of my body, my ego (not even close to ego death but it was seriously quieted which was great) and all which that would entail. The closed eye visuals were very gentle. Flowers blooming in my mind with vibrant yellow petals. Very soft and calming visuals. Nothing too "intense" or unbelievably memorable (Which I believe was the point in letting go and just being instead of gripping tightly with my ego).

10:30-11PM: Coming down rapidly. Body load and euphoric feeling remain but slowly fading. Went back to watch the end of the hockey game. Felt like I was just lightly cradled by the universe. Went to bed soon after.

Next Day: Woke up feeling unbelievably refreshed. After glow included a quieter mind, more profound attention to sounds and sights that are normally ignored in the hustle and bustle. This lasted until about Noon.

Conclusions:
This dose was stronger than any 1.5 I've taken before (seems like the grinding into a powder helped). I will see if the future doses have been made more consistent by making capsules as I explore further.
I wish I had followed the Mckenna Mantra "Nature loves courage" and taken more. I will probably take 3g next dose (after waiting a minimum of 2 weeks for tolerance).
All in all I got to refresh my mind and let go of some things I needed to.

Thanks for reading :laugh:

If you have any suggestions on what my next dose should be, how long I should wait, and/or any activities I should add to my routine to enhance my experiences let me know :heart:

Or if you just want to comment. Thats awesome too :mushroom2:

--------------------

Edited by Socrateshroom (11/05/19 08:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefootpath
ὕδωρχοίρος

Re: 1.5G Trip Report (Ground into powder for gel caps) [Re: Socrateshroom]
    #26300264 - 11/05/19 09:23 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Very nice.

It always worries me a bit when I'm confronted with a regret going into an experience. But I notice, as I become more objective with the coursing substance, I find them much easier to shed.

It's been so long that I've consumed whole fruits (fresh or dry) that I totally forget the normal come-up time. Usually do teas or capsules - teas I'll feel in 15-30 minutes, capsules can take an hour or more.

I'll typically wait at least a week between one proper trip to the next. Not necessarily because of tolerance, but because I like to give myself time in my unadulterated senses to ruminate on that heightened appreciation of the world. Time to reflect, with an unflinching eye, what my last experience meant.

But, ultimately, it seems like you've got a good handle on reading yourself in the moment - follow your inspiration.

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Re: 1.5G Trip Report (Ground into powder for gel caps) [Re: footpath]
    #26300526 - 11/05/19 11:47 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

footpath said:
Very nice.

It always worries me a bit when I'm confronted with a regret going into an experience. But I notice, as I become more objective with the coursing substance, I find them much easier to shed.

It's been so long that I've consumed whole fruits (fresh or dry) that I totally forget the normal come-up time. Usually do teas or capsules - teas I'll feel in 15-30 minutes, capsules can take an hour or more.

I'll typically wait at least a week between one proper trip to the next. Not necessarily because of tolerance, but because I like to give myself time in my unadulterated senses to ruminate on that heightened appreciation of the world. Time to reflect, with an unflinching eye, what my last experience meant.

But, ultimately, it seems like you've got a good handle on reading yourself in the moment - follow your inspiration.

Thank you for the reply :cheers:

In regards to your comment "I'll typically wait at least a week between one proper trip to the next." do you notice any tolerance when dosing again after a week? I'm a little hungry for my next experience since I took a relatively low dose but I don't want to dose again if there will be significant tolerance.
I feel at ease waiting 2+ weeks after larger doses but I always want to do it again after small doses :grin:

--------------------

Edited by Socrateshroom (11/05/19 11:47 AM)

Offlinefootpath
ὕδωρχοίρος

#26300572 - 11/05/19 12:07 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I don't personally notice any significant tolerance with that kind of dose even if I were to take one again the next day. Now, if I were to follow that pattern of taking 1.5g for three or four consecutive days, then, yeah the effect will start to diminish.

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Loc: GPS signal lost.. Flag
    #26302131 - 11/06/19 05:32 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome trip report man. Sounds like you had yourself a therapeutic trip which is something we all need at one point. Esp when you talk about your comfort level and just taking that moment in. Honestly, lower doses have just as much as potential as turning down the ego as higher end doses.

It's all about mindset tbh. Esp with some good music.. you can just get lost. I've had the same feeling of where I was just lying in my hammock before, so comfy and listening to music I felt my body almost disappearing. I said to my body "I'll be back later". I knew I was in a safe spot with some great music and extra comfy.

I went and "played" in my head for like an hour. There was no sensation in my body because there was no body that I felt which made it extra comfortable. It's extremely hard to explain. But man was it blissful.

Everytime I take a dose, I usually stick to the shorter side of the dose than the higher side of the dose.. and 10/10 I usually regret it. It's usually the anxiety and the ego getting in the way of myself while weighing out an efficient dose.

I will tell you this though. I know it may seem like a lot at the moment. But I promise, you will not regret it and I find it to be the dose where things unfold and can become very interesting but you're still able to "hold on". An 8th is perfect for this.

If you do exactly what you did on this trip.. just on a higher dose I promise you will wonder why you've waited. I am also being a hypocrite because people are telling me the same thing for 5g.

But I'll take 4.5g:lol: i don't know what my deal is. I just keep thinking my ego will be shattered into a million pieces but on a 4.5g dose everything is intense and visuals are nuts.. but I always know who  I am and what I'm doing still.. so I don't think 5g will destroy me.

But my man.. please try an 8th! I stuck with that dose for so long and it taught me so much and was so good to me. I grew out of it as I've learned all I could from that 3.5 experience. I moved up to 4/4.5g and I'm playing around in that area now. But I know I can handle more.. I'm just scared:lol:

We can do this man! Something beautiful happens when you get a full solid dose. Espically for the first time.

Offlinefootpath
ὕδωρχοίρος

Re: 1.5G Trip Report (Ground into powder for gel caps) [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #26302184 - 11/06/19 06:17 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I still manage to find wonderful nooks in 3g doses after having taken 10x that.
Even 1g doses sill hold a special effect.
May even argue that 350mg doses have had the most impact on my life, and I never tried it therapeutically like that until about a year ago.
I guess I could say the high doses level out the foundation and the small ones maintain the structure.

It's all special. It's a beautiful substance from a beautiful mushroom friend.

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

#26302189 - 11/06/19 06:21 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Oh absolutely. I shouldn't have said that I learned everything. Because at any given time I will take myself an 8th and know i can still get deep. A lot is capable with that dose. You can choose to get deep.. or go for a walk. It's not extremely demanding (at least not during the peak). But if you have the right mindset you can take yourself places.

I really don't take anything less than an 8th because then its just a tease for me and I get stuck in this weird anxiety filled state of tripping/sober.. and I've found out I really don't like it. I've tried... but it's better for me to just eat the 8th and or +.

--------------------
:greyalien:

Offlinefootpath
ὕδωρχοίρος

#26302200 - 11/06/19 06:30 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

That's the most important thing - finding your individual needs or desires.
Which, like your taste in food, requires some exploration to really see what's out there for you.

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

#26302228 - 11/06/19 06:58 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

footpath said:
I don't personally notice any significant tolerance with that kind of dose even if I were to take one again the next day. Now, if I were to follow that pattern of taking 1.5g for three or four consecutive days, then, yeah the effect will start to diminish.

Thanks! I'll definitely go on another adventure soon (maybe even this weekend :grin:)

Quote:

Vibe_Enthusiast said:
Awesome trip report man. Sounds like you had yourself a therapeutic trip which is something we all need at one point. Esp when you talk about your comfort level and just taking that moment in. Honestly, lower doses have just as much as potential as turning down the ego as higher end doses.

It's all about mindset tbh. Esp with some good music.. you can just get lost. I've had the same feeling of where I was just lying in my hammock before, so comfy and listening to music I felt my body almost disappearing. I said to my body "I'll be back later". I knew I was in a safe spot with some great music and extra comfy.

I went and "played" in my head for like an hour. There was no sensation in my body because there was no body that I felt which made it extra comfortable. It's extremely hard to explain. But man was it blissful.

Everytime I take a dose, I usually stick to the shorter side of the dose than the higher side of the dose.. and 10/10 I usually regret it. It's usually the anxiety and the ego getting in the way of myself while weighing out an efficient dose.

I will tell you this though. I know it may seem like a lot at the moment. But I promise, you will not regret it and I find it to be the dose where things unfold and can become very interesting but you're still able to "hold on". An 8th is perfect for this.

If you do exactly what you did on this trip.. just on a higher dose I promise you will wonder why you've waited. I am also being a hypocrite because people are telling me the same thing for 5g.

But I'll take 4.5g:lol: i don't know what my deal is. I just keep thinking my ego will be shattered into a million pieces but on a 4.5g dose everything is intense and visuals are nuts.. but I always know who  I am and what I'm doing still.. so I don't think 5g will destroy me.

But my man.. please try an 8th! I stuck with that dose for so long and it taught me so much and was so good to me. I grew out of it as I've learned all I could from that 3.5 experience. I moved up to 4/4.5g and I'm playing around in that area now. But I know I can handle more.. I'm just scared:lol:

We can do this man! Something beautiful happens when you get a full solid dose. Especially for the first time.

Yea, I definitely remember my first 8th (which changed my life). I guess I have some fear and anxiety pushing the doses alone. I have had a handful of 1/8th experiences with friends but alone the most I had was 3 grams a few weeks ago (when I had that weird/uncomfortable trip). But that is the reason I began to seek this wonderful substance, because I have been bound by my fear for too long in my life and this is the best way for me to face my fears. I've been in a rut lately and have been absolutely submitting to my fears. So this journey is my way to break through (which I need to with a higher dose).

I'm thinking 3 grams of the capsules I made (well more to account for capsule weight) this weekend.

And I agree on the therapeutic doses, they are incredibly refreshing. But I'm also with you on the higher dose notion. I want to push the envelope, not just have a "comfortable" experience since one cannot face their fears if they cannot exit their comfort zone.

Take the 5!! I'll take the leap and match it :hehehe:

--------------------

Offlinefootpath
ὕδωρχοίρος

#26302253 - 11/06/19 07:22 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Letting go is no small feat for most. Convincing your body that it, too, will be okay and back to normal in short time is a bit of an art - especially if you have anxiety/OCD/bipolarism like myself.
Just be sure to reinforce the confidence that you will regain control. Because no matter what you see on the other side, you will.

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

#26302291 - 11/06/19 07:50 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

footpath said:
Letting go is no small feat for most. Convincing your body that it, too, will be okay and back to normal in short time is a bit of an art - especially if you have anxiety/OCD/bipolarism like myself.
Just be sure to reinforce the confidence that you will regain control. Because no matter what you see on the other side, you will.

Agreed. My problem is my body more than my mind. I can get lost in my mind or even "lose" my mind and always be okay with it. Even body sensations I don't mind but I have a hard time when it comes to feeling as if my body is dying or the sort. I've had a few panic attacks on weed (back when I used) because I got lost in the high and felt like my heart wasn't beating. I'd freak out and that would literally skyrocket my heart beat from what I thought was 0 BPM to 120+ BPM which would induce more panic and the vicious cycle would continue.

But I'm working on my fear of death and my ego to overcome this (since I've noticed that it is my fear of death and the ego associated with that mentality that leads me to miss opportunities and live "safely" but without real fulfillment). This is where the :mushroom2::mushroom2: come in :wink:

--------------------

OfflineLotus-Eater
Stranger

#26303949 - 11/06/19 11:16 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Great trip report Socrates.
Grinding my dose down to a powder has always seemed to intensify my trip to an almost alarming degree at times, but this could be a purely psychological phenomenon. I honestly haven’t looked into it aside from self research.
Anyways it sounds like you got exactly what you needed from yourself. Whenever I hear the darkness and sweet beautiful music call to me when I’m tripping solo I always gleefully jump into the abyss. I have never been higher than laying in my bed with a head full of shrooms blaring “In the Light”  by Led Zepp (aside from dmt of course)

As for the “nature loves courage” thing, McKenna should have added “and punishes stupidity.”
Don’t eat high doses of mushrooms until you’re ready, which it sounds like you’re damn close given your thoughtfulness and reverence for the power of the shroom.

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
    #26304014 - 11/07/19 01:15 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Fantastic trip report, thank you for sharing! :bongload: :sunny:

--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Re: 1.5G Trip Report (Ground into powder for gel caps) [Re: Lotus-Eater]
    #26304243 - 11/07/19 06:10 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lotus-Eater said:
Grinding my dose down to a powder has always seemed to intensify my trip to an almost alarming degree at times, but this could be a purely psychological phenomenon. I honestly haven’t looked into it aside from self research.
Anyways it sounds like you got exactly what you needed from yourself. Whenever I hear the darkness and sweet beautiful music call to me when I’m tripping solo I always gleefully jump into the abyss. I have never been higher than laying in my bed with a head full of shrooms blaring “In the Light”  by Led Zepp (aside from dmt of course)

As for the “nature loves courage” thing, McKenna should have added “and punishes stupidity.”
Don’t eat high doses of mushrooms until you’re ready, which it sounds like you’re damn close given your thoughtfulness and reverence for the power of the shroom.

Always is best to take things slow. I've been stepping up the ladder for sometime now. Finally made it just under 5g. Going to do a 5g dose when the time is right.

Powdered mushrooms just hit you harder. It's almost like a tea but not with as much as the bang. The waves hit you more sudden than in long stretches than if you were to eat them. Your body doesn't have to digest as much.. therefore psilocin is giving you pumps of their wisdom!

--------------------
:greyalien:

InvisibleAntigov
Male

Loc: Deep within the BibleBelt Flag
    #26304276 - 11/07/19 06:34 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Good report, thank you for sharing :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
    #26304862 - 11/07/19 11:36 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

The first time I experienced ego death I had taken 4g. I was laying down when the come up started. It was intense. I felt as if all the air was being sucked out of me.
  My initial reaction was "omg, I'm dying. I did too much." Of course I had not. After a few moments of terror I accepted my fate, death. At that moment I no longer felt the fear within me but it was radiating from in front of me. I saw this figure on the floor in the fetal position.
It was me, my ego. It was a frightened child laying before me. All my fears and anxiety lay before me.
  It was pathetic. I was pathetic for letting fear control me like is was. It was so clear to me. Fear was not a reaction that was necessary.

The following trip was at 5g and I saw my self once again on the come up. I was standing in front of a space ship. My other half did not want to trip. I was literally saying to myself, "look I've already taken the mushrooms so we are going and there's nothing you can do about it other than just get on." So he reluctantly went on the spaceship.

The mushroom always induces fear within me as I'm stepping into the void. Its not easy but is invaluable to me. My fears are quieter now.

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Re: 1.5G Trip Report (Ground into powder for gel caps) [Re: LosTresOjos]
    #26305071 - 11/07/19 12:53 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lotus-Eater said:

Yea, in many ways I'm ready. Fear is what has been keeping me from taking that leap. Yet, paradoxically, I yearn for that dive into the deep end.

Quote:

Loaded Shaman said:
Fantastic trip report, thank you for sharing! :bongload: :sunny:

Thank you for reading  :leocheers:

Quote:

Vibe_Enthusiast said:
Always is best to take things slow. I've been stepping up the ladder for sometime now. Finally made it just under 5g. Going to do a 5g dose when the time is right.

Powdered mushrooms just hit you harder. It's almost like a tea but not with as much as the bang. The waves hit you more sudden than in long stretches than if you were to eat them. Your body doesn't have to digest as much.. therefore psilocin is giving you pumps of their wisdom!

Agreed. But at the same time, sometimes taking it too slow is an excuse to not have to face moving forward (I think in this case I'm ruminating in this area a little too long).

Quote:

Antigov said:
Good report, thank you for sharing :mushroom2:

Many thanks for reading! :jackiechanofapproval:

Quote:

LosTresOjos said:
The first time I experienced ego death I had taken 4g. I was laying down when the come up started. It was intense. I felt as if all the air was being sucked out of me.
  My initial reaction was "omg, I'm dying. I did too much." Of course I had not. After a few moments of terror I accepted my fate, death. At that moment I no longer felt the fear within me but it was radiating from in front of me. I saw this figure on the floor in the fetal position.
It was me, my ego. It was a frightened child laying before me. All my fears and anxiety lay before me.
  It was pathetic. I was pathetic for letting fear control me like is was. It was so clear to me. Fear was not a reaction that was necessary.

The following trip was at 5g and I saw my self once again on the come up. I was standing in front of a space ship. My other half did not want to trip. I was literally saying to myself, "look I've already taken the mushrooms so we are going and there's nothing you can do about it other than just get on." So he reluctantly went on the spaceship.

The mushroom always induces fear within me as I'm stepping into the void. Its not easy but is invaluable to me. My fears are quieter now.

This is what i'm looking to achieve with time and practice. I want to face my fears not just to "trip" but to be able to carry over that ability to face my fears into my daily life as well.

--------------------

Offlinefootpath
ὕδωρχοίρος

#26305137 - 11/07/19 01:19 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Just be prepared (with ample mushrooms) for when the moment is right for you.
Harvest time is often a nice little friendly nudge. You can keep freshies in the fridge for about a week if the timing isn't exactly right.

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
    #26305274 - 11/07/19 02:21 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

You gotta go for it man. You can take the 5g in confidence knowing that many others have traveled down that path and made it back. It's daunting but the price to travel to another world is negligible in the face of the experience. Just be confident and with knowledge that you will see something that words can only shed a candles light too.

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Re: 1.5G Trip Report (Ground into powder for gel caps) [Re: LosTresOjos]
    #26305334 - 11/07/19 02:42 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LosTresOjos said:
You gotta go for it man. You can take the 5g in confidence knowing that many others have traveled down that path and made it back. It's daunting but the price to travel to another world is negligible in the face of the experience. Just be confident and with knowledge that you will see something that words can only shed a candles light too.

Yea, one of my biggest fears is not having control of myself during the experience and doing something stupid (which is funny since I've blacked out from drinking a couple times back in my day and I never even thought twice about it.).

A part of me is unbelievably hungry for the experience though to the point that I've spent the last day reading high dose trip reports to get an idea of what to expect in terms of losing control of myself (which is dumb as some of these reports are horrific but they are extreme cases of serious latent psychological disorders or the like surfacing).

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder