Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehsalf
bad O lover
Loc: not from around here
Best way to transport cow patties?/ethics issue?
    #2629314 - 05/02/04 08:38 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Plan:
rubber gloves & tarp but should I bother with lysol on the gloves?I mean, the mycellium is pretty well established if its fruiting right? Will it be alright to stack the patties on top of one another during transport?
How much is greedy?/ How much is safety?
I love going out there to eat & pick but I'd rather just go out to eat. pick safely at home
well that sums it up

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Best way to transport cow patties?/ethics issue? [Re: hsalf]
    #2629358 - 05/02/04 08:46 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I assume you mean harvesting patties that are already colonized from the wild? If so, then just pick them up however you want, put them in a paper sack (try not to break them), and transport. Once you get home put them outside in a nice shady spot and water as necessary. Your questions on greed and safety are confusing. You are not safe no matter what you do if you live in a country where psilocin/psilocybin is controlled. It is all about minimizing your risk, and your plan sounds fine as long as you don't get caught with the patties. Even then they would have to prove they were capable of producing an illegal drug...

I would not bother with lysol, but perhaps wear gloves if you don't want anything on your hands...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2631631 - 05/03/04 11:49 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Bringing cow pies home is kina stupid. One is they weigh alot. And two. the shrooms have to already be growing for you to knowif your pie will produce shrooms. And three. If it will reproiduce then just leave it where it is and come back later the next day and pick them out.

Mj/.
A cow pie doesn't necessaril mean you will get shrooms. Many times the mycelium is in the growund under where the cow pie has falllen and the shrooms grow from the ground to the manure.

mj.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2632692 - 05/03/04 03:44 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

rubber gloves & tarp but should I bother with lysol on the gloves?

No need for any sterile procedures :smile: I've used plastic grocery bags before, and fill up one or two bags to the brim and carry them out.

And i don't think it is a "stupid" idea like mj says :smile:

I don't think it's necessarily a "greedy" idea either, but i do believe that taking shroom-patties out of a shroom-field does in fact have a slightly negative impact on future shroom growth, especially if done too often or if taking too many patties away from a field.

Also, for the whole thing to work you will need to actually find patties with shrooms (cubes/copes) growing from them, so then you will know which patties are colonized with the correct mycelium. First find the shrooms, then pick the shrooms and put them in your bag, then tear that beautiful patty up from the ground a put that into a seperate bigger bag and so-on. When you get the pies home put them under a bush, or a shady area (bushes seem to work best), and it helps to also have a outdoor water hose nearby with a fine mist nozzle on it, so you can spray the bush down every day or-so..you spray the bush not directly on the shroom-patties.
-Usually with that method you can get another 1 or 2 more small flushes of shrooms from the patties. But, had you of just left them in the field than the patties might have produced 3 or 4 more decent flushes. Also, with the transplant method, it seems that other coprophilus mushrooms such as Panaeolus or Coprinus mushrooms will also get an upperhand in competeing for the shroom-pie; and normally in the field (had you of just left the pattie there) than for the most part the patties tend to just have one species grow on them at once.

PS, there's no real need to eat the shrooms in the shroom-field; first of all it will sorta space you out and you need a clear head to pick shrooms (especially if you're sneaking around on someones private property), and secondly theoretically you are already 'shroomin' just being out there picking mushrooms and picking them and experiencing them even without eating them. Its best to wait until you're out of the field, usually, before you munch anything.

Offlinehsalf
bad O lover
Re: Best way to transport cow patties?/ethics issue? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2633273 - 05/03/04 05:34 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Thx.
No water hoses at my home. I'm cool,  :smirk: live in the woods.
I was planning on making a plastic cover(yes, w/air flow available) in a shaded area.
I'd be spore printing any mushies(oops) mushrooms from the patties and returning the prints back to the fields to help combat thinning yeilds.
P.S. I know you're right about that but theres something about eating em there where the whole porcess takes place, wondering if the bull is gonna be cool, etc.
The owners aren't a problem. Just the long ass drive. And the patties can be used for vegatables when spent :tongue2:

Offlinehsalf
bad O lover
Re: Best way to transport cow patties?/ethics issue? [Re: ATWAR]
    #2633299 - 05/03/04 05:38 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yes. you're right. I did.
I just heard they're really fragile. That the mycellium,when broken/disturbed, doesn't respond(edit:recooperate) like it does in a controlled environment. thx

Edited by hsalf (05/03/04 05:39 PM)

OfflineBluMonkee
keeper of thelittle people

Loc: Lookin' for an Incident
Re: Best way to transport cow patties?/ethics issue? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2633967 - 05/03/04 07:41 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

GGreatOne234 said:
Quote:

rubber gloves & tarp but should I bother with lysol on the gloves?

No need for any sterile procedures :smile: I've used plastic grocery bags before, and fill up one or two bags to the brim and carry them out.

And i don't think it is a "stupid" idea like mj says :smile:

I don't think it's necessarily a "greedy" idea either, but i do believe that taking shroom-patties out of a shroom-field does in fact have a slightly negative impact on future shroom growth, especially if done too often or if taking too many patties away from a field.

Also, for the whole thing to work you will need to actually find patties with shrooms (cubes/copes) growing from them, so then you will know which patties are colonized with the correct mycelium. First find the shrooms, then pick the shrooms and put them in your bag, then tear that beautiful patty up from the ground a put that into a seperate bigger bag and so-on. When you get the pies home put them under a bush, or a shady area (bushes seem to work best), and it helps to also have a outdoor water hose nearby with a fine mist nozzle on it, so you can spray the bush down every day or-so..you spray the bush not directly on the shroom-patties.
-Usually with that method you can get another 1 or 2 more small flushes of shrooms from the patties. But, had you of just left them in the field than the patties might have produced 3 or 4 more decent flushes. Also, with the transplant method, it seems that other coprophilus mushrooms such as Panaeolus or Coprinus mushrooms will also get an upperhand in competeing for the shroom-pie; and normally in the field (had you of just left the pattie there) than for the most part the patties tend to just have one species grow on them at once.

PS, there's no real need to eat the shrooms in the shroom-field; first of all it will sorta space you out and you need a clear head to pick shrooms (especially if you're sneaking around on someones private property), and secondly theoretically you are already 'shroomin' just being out there picking mushrooms and picking them and experiencing them even without eating them. Its best to wait until you're out of the field, usually, before you munch anything.

ditto, ditto, oh, and ditto.......I say listen to this advice....just my opinion  :smirk:

--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
    #2634160 - 05/03/04 08:19 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Have you ever met a "Russian Shroomerite"?

Do what they do> Rush in and grab all you can carry and rush right back out before the cows even see ya!
Fast fu*kers them "Rushin Shroomerites"!!!!!!!

:smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate