Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Sleep paralysis revisited, or How real is real?
    #2619275 - 04/29/04 11:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I want to hear everyone's opinions on how real the dream and astral planes really are. Are they simply conjured up in your mind or do they exist separately from the mind and we just can't interact with them consciously?

For the record, I believe there's an astral plane that can be visited by any entitiy with the means to. This would be a semi-objective reality that is malleable by our beliefs but not completely. But I also believe that most of our dreams reside only in our head and the events and people and everything in them are a completely private and subjective reality. I haven't figured out yet how these two would fit together though, the astral world and our own dream worlds.

The thing is, I've been having some really crazy experiences during sleep paralysis the last couple days. I get sleep paralysis very often, especially during an afternoon nap when I'm the most sleepy. I get it so often I'm able to manipulate the state at will, and when I find myself paralyzed I usually decide whether to wake up (which is as simple as moving your eyes around) or go back to sleep. However the last couple days have been bizarre. I was sleeping in my apartment as usual and "woke up" paralyzed with my eyes open. My apartment looked completely normal, but I was hearing sounds exactly as they would sound if I were completely awake. Once I heard someone opening the door and walking around, and then leave. I thought someone was really there, but when I asked my roommate a few minutes later he said no one came in. Another time, which was today actually, I had the same situation, paralyzed but my apartment looked normal (nothing dream-esque about it). The only difference was that I saw people walking around and talking, and again the sounds and voices sounded completely real. The weirdest part was, I saw the dream version of my roommate and the real live version walking around the same room at once! Two of the same fucking person walking around the room! What a mindfuck! There were other people there too, talking to my dream roommate, so I knew the roommate talking on the phone was the real one. And I heard both conversations at once too, the one from my dream roommate and my real roommate. My god it was the most bizarre thing I'd ever fucking experienced. I guess I was at the border of waking consciousness where I was able to be in both realities at once. Trippy-ass shit, almost better than drugs. :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Sleep paralysis revisited, or How real is real? [Re: ]
    #2619442 - 04/29/04 11:47 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Post History Deleted Upon User's Request

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2619663 - 04/30/04 12:54 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I want to hear everyone's opinions on how real the dream and astral planes really are. Are they simply conjured up in your mind or do they exist separately from the mind

Many here would argue that nothing exists apart from the mind. It's ALL mind stuff.

Like SpringChickita, I experienced salvia as well and *became* the bed I was lying in. Bizarre to say the least. I sat up straight in bed and laughed at the universe and myself!

There is form and there is spirit. Our spirit has somehow become entangled in matter and form.
Maybe our task, our adventure lies in disintangling spirit from matter?

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Anonymous

#2620300 - 04/30/04 07:37 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hearing stuff is typical when seperating, ive heard my name called lots of times, and it sounded like my mom, but i ask her if she said anything she just looks at me wierd and says no. ive heard conversations going on as well. and countless other crazy ass sounds and noise.

maybe you seen your "dream friend" in the astral talking to people because time doesnt exsist. you could have easily seen a prior happening between your friend and those other people or seen a future convo that might be taking place.

you may have been seeing the present along with past or future at the same time. u werent seperated fully into the astral yet, you were still chillin in your body(which is in real 'time'") and also percieving things with your astral awareness because you were in that paralyzed state(where time doesnt exsist anymore)

just a thought, i know nothing.

but if i was you id will myself to the paralyzed state, and KEEP EYES CLOSED and think about how nice it would be to float and then you will float out....and you can see your body layin in bed heehee, its kinda creepy, but it will probably conjure up some realizations of who you really are.

also, i have felt like i was 2 places at once. even though im out of my body, becuase of the connection to the body, i feel like i am in my bed and outside or in the other room(wherever i am at out of body) at the same time. this really only happens when i am close to my body or being pulled back.

thanks for sharing that man, interesting shit.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Sleep paralysis revisited, or How real is real? [Re: Jellric] * 1
    #2620587 - 04/30/04 09:11 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
I want to hear everyone's opinions on how real the dream and astral planes really are. Are they simply conjured up in your mind or do they exist separately from the mind

Many here would argue that nothing exists apart from the mind. It's ALL mind stuff.

Like SpringChickita, I experienced salvia as well and *became* the bed I was lying in. Bizarre to say the least. I sat up straight in bed and laughed at the universe and myself!

There is form and there is spirit. Our spirit has somehow become entangled in matter and form.
Maybe our task, our adventure lies in disintangling spirit from matter?

Our task - if it is really a task - is to notice spirit in matter (like peek-a-boo).

All the dimensions are true, at least for an instant, some longer. Many persist to be revisited. Many are very personal. we can see these as spirit in matter too. When we become the couch we are home.

To move, we attune to the key of the place we want to go. In so doing, everything is seen through the filter of that want until we have arrived.

Does it matter if all is mind?

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #2621750 - 04/30/04 01:44 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Ive had several intense Sleep Paraylsis before.

One was a when i was sleeping downstairs i had just tooken a ambien and a seroquel for my manic depression. At about 12:00 i woke up and there was a silver colored boy with pants and a short hair staring at me and he was floating off the ground. I Just stared at him for a good 50 secs and he had a blank look on his face.

I had one where i was sleeping and i awoke about 2:00 am and looked at the door and there was a robed figure in black looking at me. Very Frightening at the time.

I also had one where i awoke in a bed after having a nightmare and i looked at the bathroom door and it was cracked open, and this inhuman face almost a blue color poked his head out and than stuck his finger out the door and started moving his finger for me to come over to him.

Many times ive heard music Its always either classical music or rock and roll like music. Id frequently get up go to the radio and see if it was turned off and it was and i'd go back asleep and the music would start over again.

I had this one dream that was very odd. It was so real.

Anyway the dream starts off with me getting out of a car thats parked at a gravel drive way and when i get out i look across the field about 200 yards theres a highway and oak trees line the road and i can see cars driving by. I than go to a old barn it looks very old and its got a tin roof. I go inside the barn and theres rusty tools everywhere, shovels, pitchforks. I go to the corner of the shed and i pick up a green first aid kid. I notice that my arms are of a different color almost like im a black person or hispanic. I open up the first aid kit and theres a needle and spoon and a little baggy of brown powder. I put the spoon in the baggy and grab a lighter out of my pocket and start burning it, and i pull the needle out and injected myself and than just blackness.

Than i awake.

Very strange dream.

OfflineMac_Fergus
Highlander
Loc: The Universe Next Door
    #2623679 - 04/30/04 10:23 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

What you are referring to here as the 'astral plane' are, imo, simply other levels of reality that we don't ordinarily experience. When scientists did tests to determine how much matter is needed to hold the galaxy together they discovered, curiously, that there is only 10% of the matter in the galaxy (according to our current theories, i.e. the "laws" of nature)needed to do the job. This has caused some to theorize about the existence of "dark" matter which exists in the form of 'potential'. Interesting that its become almost axiomatic that we use only 10% of our brains as well. When we start using more, we see more of what is really there. Dreams are one way we do this, as are entheogens, meditation, etc. Read the works of: Stansilov Grof, Aleister Crowley, Christopher Hyatt, R.A. Wilson, Peter Carroll, Israel Regardie... for more on this stuff. Daniel Pinchbeck's "Breaking Open the Head" is a good read as well.

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Sleep paralysis revisited, or How real is real? [Re: Mac_Fergus]
    #2653783 - 05/08/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

We use quite a bit more then 10% of our brains :-p. We didnt evolve all 100% of our brain for no good reason.

Also, sleep paralysis will usually be a death frightening experiece no matter how many times you have it (I get paralysis in my dreams instead of waking up most of the time, go figure). But in all instances ive noticed that any stress related events are happening, let it be something made up in my head or something going on recently or a while back.

Also, this dark energy takes up 2/3rd of the universe, or else space should come to a point or bend out of control. They cannot prove what it is, but there are other odd situations. Such as when they split two atoms apart, and polarize one of them. The second atom in a different chamber switches its direction to come to a combined direction of 0. This means there are many holes connecting one atom to another all around the universe.

Much weird stuff isnt there :-p

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale