Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Morning glory for gardeners, not drug seekers
    #2607557 - 04/27/04 05:18 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2004/04/27/sci-tech/seeds040427

Morning glory for gardeners, not drug seekers
Last Updated Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:34:11
HALIFAX - Garden centres in Halifax are looking out for young people who think they can get high from morning glory flower seeds.

Morning glory plants come from Mexico and South America and produce trumpet-shaped flowers. Some seed varieties contain a mild hallucinogenic ingredient.

A 14-year-old recently tried to buy the seeds from a Canadian Tire store in Dartmouth.

"He came in and he was interested in morning glory seeds," recalled clerk Adam Peters. "He was pretty nervous and once he was questioned what he was using them for, he finally admitted he wanted to crush them and put them in a drink."

Pharmacologist Harry Robertson said it's unlikely someone could get high from a packet of seeds, which may contain minor amounts of a close cousin of LSD.

"You have to eat an awful lot of seeds and you have to make sure you get the right seeds before you'll find much of the LSD-like compound," said Robertson.

Some internet sites claim the seeds have an effect similar to magic mushrooms. The anonymous first-hand accounts of effects include serious vomiting.

At Halifax Seed, manager Tim Tregunno said it's been 10 years since they've had a customer with a hidden agenda. He said the problem is easy to spot.

"Younger kids coming in asking for five to 10 pounds would certainly be a clue," said Tregunno.

Staff at the Canadian Tire store have been warned to be selective about selling the seeds, question potential buyers and observe their body language.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Morning glory for gardeners, not drug seekers [Re: motaman]
    #2607698 - 04/27/04 05:50 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

motaman said:
At Halifax Seed, manager Tim Tregunno said it's been 10 years since they've had a customer with a hidden agenda. He said the problem is easy to spot.

"Younger kids coming in asking for five to 10 pounds would certainly be a clue," said Tregunno.

It's with this kind of quick investigational skills that he became the manager. Bravo Mr. Treugunno, bravo.

(notice how they say the seeds are for gardeners, not "drug seekers"? How come? What right do they have to tell anyone what the use for these seeds are?)

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Morning glory for gardeners, not drug seekers [Re: Twirling]
    #2610195 - 04/28/04 01:38 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

10 year old gets busted buying legal seeds...? this is the sort of thing I would expect to read in The Onion

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #2611296 - 04/28/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

He was pretty nervous and once he was questioned what he was using them for, he finally admitted he wanted to crush them and put them in a drink."

that kid is a dumbass, so instead of making something up like "yea I'm buying these for my mom's garden" he full out confesses, and describes even HOW he planned to ingest them. And why the hell would the store guy even question a 14-year old about how he planned to use the seeds? it's none of his fucking business since morning glory seeds are completely legal in canada to be purchased by anyone.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #2627432 - 05/02/04 09:07 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Stupid kid.

Hey son what are the seeds for?
Ummm, I wanted to ummm plant them in ummmm, alright alright my drink!

And you dont need pounds of seeds although its really not worth eating hundreds of them to trip anyways...

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Morning glory for gardeners, not drug seekers [Re: DailyPot]
    #2681348 - 05/15/04 04:18 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Ha ha, everything about that is stupid. The kid, the seller, the article.. wtf.. I almost don't believe it.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineHypnoToad
Stranger

Re: Morning glory for gardeners, not drug seekers [Re: chodamunky]
    #2681483 - 05/15/04 07:03 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

"And why the hell would the store guy even question a 14-year old about how he planned to use the seeds? it's none of his fucking business since morning glory seeds are completely legal in canada to be purchased by anyone. "

Stores have the right to refuse service to anyone.They routinely do so for some reasons.For example they will deny the sale of caffeine pills to young teens and younger because in our area they crush it and snort it like coccaine.They also deny the sale of certain cough syrups to young teens and younger kids because of the DXM in it and thats also a problem.Sudafed is also denied to young people because they tend to buy it to try to get a speed like high.And its legal for stores to deny anyone service.

--------------------
"There is no fire like lust, no grip like hate, no net like delusions, no river like craving."

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Morning glory for gardeners, not drug seekers [Re: HypnoToad]
    #2684313 - 05/15/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Stores have the right to refuse service to anyone

ohh. didn't know that actually. I guess it does make sense, it's a private business and they can run it how they like.

OfflineHypnoToad
Stranger

Re: Morning glory for gardeners, not drug seekers [Re: chodamunky]
    #2684613 - 05/15/04 11:22 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah.I know almost everyone that works at one of my local stores and that's how I know this.They tell me about all the teens/kids that try to buy odd things and the drunk people demanding alcohol and by far the funniest is the heroin guy.The heroin guy as people call him tried to go into the store to the service desk and he tried to buy heroin.lmao I am very surprised they didnt call the police.He kept going around looking for heroin and asking for heroin then when he finally left he sat in front of the store.Any business can refuse to sell anything to anyone.It's odd but true. :grin:

--------------------
"There is no fire like lust, no grip like hate, no net like delusions, no river like craving."

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2685084 - 05/16/04 01:04 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

What about refusing buisness because of something like race? Is that legal?

OfflineHypnoToad
Stranger

#2685882 - 05/16/04 08:30 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Technically no.However I see business owners do it anyways and its fairly impossible to prove.Just like I see that in upper class white stores they tend to be very suspicious and follow or watch people of other races.It's wrong but theres not way to stop them from doing these things.

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #2688175 - 05/16/04 06:50 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

they wont sell datura atlakeland plantworld in dartmouth for the same reason apparently.
well, at leastthat was the excuse they gave me when they sold me brugmansias labled "datura"
you can still but Datura Metel and Innoxia in the valley at many greenhouses tho.

....if you WANT them. i find just having them is more trouble than they are worth.

you want real scrutiny? try asking vendors if they can get hawaiian baby woodrose!

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #2697648 - 05/18/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
What about refusing buisness because of something like race? Is that legal?

Nope, which makes me believe that if you have a good case about being denied buisness based on age discrimination you could take it to court and win.

Why would you refuse buisness to anyone? Its not good buisness...

InvisibleYrtlzmo
Female
. [Re: DailyPot]
    #2708612 - 05/20/04 10:06 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by Yrtlzmo (02/03/13 12:24 PM)

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #2713178 - 05/21/04 10:27 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

"He was pretty nervous and once he was questioned what he was using them for, he finally admitted he wanted to crush them and put them in a drink."

This is how naturally growing plants and fungi get placed in the controlled substance category. Sad isn't it?

--------------------
To give is to live...

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Morning glory for gardeners, not drug seekers [Re: ATWAR]
    #2714070 - 05/22/04 06:17 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Int he early and late 1960s they use to treat the morning cl glory seeds so no one would get high off of them. That was before we knew they were lycesergic acid amides.

mj

Of copurse you can plant the seeds and when they grow you can t eat the new seeds which are o untreated.

However, woodrose is the way to go

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates