Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesexyjesus
Local Deity

Contam, piss, or otherwise??
    #2598727 - 04/24/04 06:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Need some help with my cakes... Do these pics show contams or otherwise? No off odors can be noticed in my incubation chamber. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

1. This discoloration only appears on the bottom of this fully colonized jar. This jar and others were overly wet after sterilization, with the substrate appearing somewhat gummy against the sides and bottom of the jars. All of the overly wet jars now show this discoloration.

2. All of my other jars were not overly wet, but are now showing slight discoloration similar to what is shown in this picture. The color in the picture is fairly accurate. The size of the discoloration has not changed in several days.

3. Another example of the same discoloration shown in the above pic (discoloration appears near the "r" in "kerr" on the jar glass).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Contam, piss, or otherwise?? [Re: sexyjesus]
    #2601048 - 04/25/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Pic 1 - If the jars are too wet, then you might have some trouble colonizing the bottom of the jars. It's hard to tell if it is contamination judging from that pic, for how long are those jars colonizing ?
Try un taping the holes and flipping the jars to improve air exchange and drain some of the condensation or liquid to the verm layer. You don't have nothing to loose right now, if the bottom is really covered with liquid, the mycelium won't colonize and it will probably end up contaminated.

Pic 2 and 3 - My guess is the mycelium is aging. Again, we need to know for how long the jars are colonizing.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinesexyjesus
Local Deity

Re: Contam, piss, or otherwise?? [Re: MAIA]
    #2602939 - 04/25/04 10:52 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The jars have only been colonizing for about 2.5 to 3 weeks (I wish I could remember exactly when I started this batch, but I haven't been watching these all that closely).

I'll try flipping the jars that started out wet and report back.

Re: pics 2 and 3 - When you say the mycelium is aging, is such a discoloration a common thing. Haven't seen anything like this before, but this is only my 4th set of BRF/verm jars. I'm getting to point where I can pick out brusing on cakes, but the redish/brown color is what has me worried.

Thanks for the feedback!!

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Contam, piss, or otherwise?? [Re: sexyjesus]
    #2604552 - 04/26/04 12:22 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

It might depend on the substrate but i've seen spots like this one between week 3 and 4 before. If those spots grow rapidly, you may have something to worry about.
Another question, are those spots directly bellow the inoculation holes ?

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom