Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

Re: Horror movies? * 1
    #259118 - 06/25/00 12:43 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I like horror movies....but so often they end up cheesy and silly instead. So somewhere along the line we started trying to get the absolute worst movies ever. And we've seen some stinkers. So low budget we honestly think they got shot on a camcorder, some of them.

But real horror movies? Hmmm....I love Stephen King, I have most of his books, but I haven't enjoyed most of the movies I saw that came from his work.

Favorite good horror movie? Hmm, it's been awhile since we even tried to get a good one. Poltergeist isn't necessarily horror, but it's a good freaky movie.

------------------
Listen to Captain Jack
http://www.captainjackmusic.com/
http://www.mp3.com/captainjack99/

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleneverwhere
Fenway Faithful

Loc: Boston
Re: Horror movies? [Re: Captain Jack] * 1
    #259120 - 06/25/00 12:50 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

poltergeist was a very good movie. movies dont have to scare the wits out of you to be good. i actually enjoyed blair witch, although it wasnt scary. i liked the ending. i hear there is a sequel, which is kinda silly if you ask me.

A for KIng, I too am a bigger fan of his novels, but i also enjoy most of his movies. It's hard to find good horror nowadays.....my friends and I also manage to watch the worst movies ever.....

--------------------
"The United States is nation of laws; badly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

"If the police ever come knocking, I'm hiding my lava lamp before I hide my piece"-elsd

Anonymous

#259121 - 06/25/00 01:04 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I liked some of the "Halloween" movies. My favorite is to watch Halloween and Halloween 2, in that sequence (especially ON Halloween)... Since Halloween 2 is a continuation of the ending of Halloween.
Halloween 3 sucked..it had nothing to do with Michael Myers, and I couldn't get that "fifteen days till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween..fifteen days till Halloween, Sil-ver Shamrock!" song out of my head for 3 weeks.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#259122 - 06/26/00 02:01 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

-The Shining even though its not really horror

-Alien,Aliens

-The first Childs Play

-Earlier Nightmare on elmstreet

-Friday the 13th

-CreepShow (I think part 2 had the one with the goo it scared the shit outta me,anyone seen that where they're floating on the dock?)

-The Blob

-Carrie

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #259123 - 06/26/00 11:37 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

not really a horror movie and im not a big fan of sci-fi, but i was freaked out after i saw 'event horizon'.

couple of my buddies insisted that the movie 'henry' was the scariest movie of all time. heh, we'd just laugh throughout the whole movie though.

steven kings 'IT'. ...its that damn clown...never fails to scare me.

'poltergeist'

'the exercist'

Anonymous

#259124 - 06/26/00 11:57 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

all of those are good movies.

Anonymous

#259125 - 06/26/00 12:31 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Not really a horror movie....but if you want a film that screws with your mind, then watch "Bad Boy Bubby", the scene where he wraps his dead parents up in clingfilm is...well, need I say anymore....

------------------
Youth and Enthusiasm are no match for Experience and Treachery

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#259126 - 06/26/00 12:58 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Just saw "The Silence of the Lambs" last night.

Very good movie.

But I had a problem with it....the climax (stop reading if you don't want it ruined!!!!!!!!)....

Buffalo Bill had Jodie Foster easy. She couldn't see a thing, all he had to do was hit her...but instead he cocked his weapon, so she heard and was able to shoot him. That pissed me off so much.

------------------
Listen to Captain Jack
http://www.captainjackmusic.com/
http://www.mp3.com/captainjack99/

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Anonymous

#259127 - 06/26/00 04:21 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

the first Scream was good. I havn't seen any of the others.

Anonymous

#259128 - 06/27/00 09:50 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the ride, lady! Thanks for the ride, lady! Thanks for the ride, lady! Thanks for the ride, lady!...

The Creepshows are funny :smile:

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #259129 - 06/27/00 10:32 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

HaHa! That part of Creepshow 2 with the hit and run was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Steven King had the cameo as the truck driver who finds the body of the guy in the road and radios the police. It was there that he uttered the funniest line in the history of bad movies. "I think it was a BLACK guy." HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa
HaHaHa

It's all in the delivery.

------------------
What does it all mean?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
    #259130 - 06/28/00 12:09 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Hey neverwhere, I had the shit scared out of me when I was a kid by 'Trilogy of Terror' too. I always checked under my bed to see if that little fucker was under there waiting for me to fall asleep. I saw it at a video store a couple years ago and rented it. It was pretty lame. Not near as scary as an adult. Go figure.

------------------
"Let's just say I'm not getting the respect a cop killer deserves."

Invisibleneverwhere
Fenway Faithful

Loc: Boston
    #259131 - 06/28/00 08:27 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

lol yeah scratch i watched it yesterday. not scary anymore, but still was great fun to watch

--------------------
"The United States is nation of laws; badly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

"If the police ever come knocking, I'm hiding my lava lamp before I hide my piece"-elsd

Anonymous

#259132 - 06/30/00 12:53 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I LOVE horror movies :smile: My absolute favorite happens to be a surprise to many...

Exorcist 3.. Yes this film is pretty damn freaky, and not to mention one of the most underated films of the 90?s.. (1990 I believe)... This is a must see for any true horror fan, absolutely perfect sound, cinematography and of course a perfect sense of tension that only Hitchcock could do better.

OK others I love...

The Shining, Evil dead (all 3), Exorcist, The Thing (love that movie), Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Pet Cemetary, Damien Omen, Friday the 13th (1st one), Nightmare on Elmstreet, Rosemarys Baby, Stephen kings It (Except the horribly stupid ending), Night of the living Dead, Day of the Dead (theatrical and B/w), Dawn of the Dead (see special edition), Halloween, The Birds, Poltergeist, 6th Sense, Silence of the Lambs, and of course I loved the first Scream.. :smile:

Most freaky movies from that list would be....
The Thing, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Night of the living dead, The Shining, Alien, Pet Cemetary, and Polergeist.

Ahhh Horror, great stuff :smile:

But theres one that a lady is getting raped by a poltergiest through out the movie, its based on a real story.. Damn if I can remember the name right now but its damn freaky.. Plus kind of cool in a sexual freak kind of way :wink:

Cheers,

Thor..

PS Please see Exorcist III, its definately worth it..

Anonymous

#259133 - 06/30/00 01:06 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

OK that movie I couldnt remember is called The Entity, quite freaky.. After watching this movie youll feel uncomfortable alone in your quiet bedroom :smile:

And one more to my list, Children of the Corn.. Great movie...

Cheers,

Thor.

OfflineCrappy
enthusiast
    #259134 - 07/02/00 12:22 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

real horror movies? cmon...anything done by alfred hitchcock...

------------------
"...Prying open my third eye..."
- Tool

Invisibleanyday
Male
Loc: Lat-42.46278 Long-96.3775...
    #259135 - 07/03/00 05:15 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

There was a movie that came out in the late '80s that actually screwed with me called "Prince of Darkness". It had all sorts of interesting details. One was they all kept having the same dream which turned out to be a transmission sent from the future via tachyon emissions (?sp). pretty cool.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#259136 - 07/03/00 09:53 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Any of those Warlock movies good?

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Anonymous

#259137 - 07/03/00 11:57 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Warlock the first one was pretty good, but its pretty b movie style horror.. Which is always entertaining :smile:

Cheers,

Thor.

InvisibleZeus
addict

#259138 - 07/04/00 12:25 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

WOW i am really glad to see this post
ahhh... horror movies, my forte i must say
i have probably seen damn near every horror movie possible including imports and here are my fav flicks

SCARIEST horror:
most definatly mental benders like
*JACOBS LADDER- tripped latley?
*IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS- WOW thats freaky *FIRE IN THE SKY- there out there

FUNNIEST horror:
**DEAD- ALIVE**- haha i love the scene where the guy picks up a lawn mower and runs through a room full of zombies oh and i also think someone said that this was the goriest movie of all time

by far if your going out to get a movie son pick up **jacobs ladder** but please dont try and trip out to it since its so intense and this was definitly a push it to the edge also rent *in the mouth of madness* - i love sam neil

------------------
all in a dayze work

--------------------
" I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am. "

"Experience is the meaning to life" -me

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom