Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Complete Newbie, Need Help
    #25637 - 07/26/00 01:44 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

i know you say you're asking for advice, but these are fairly basic questions that any of the casing teks in the growing section could answer rather easily.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#25639 - 07/26/00 01:56 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

quote:
Originally posted by struk:
i know you say you're asking for advice, but these are fairly basic questions that any of the casing teks in the growing section could answer rather easily.

I've *read* the casing teks, they didn't answer my questions, hence my post.

DrChronic :cool:

Anonymous

#25640 - 07/26/00 02:21 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

alright then. 1) casing gives you a greater yield over cakes and doesn't require all too much longer of a colonization period. 2) crumble the cakes, don't leave them whole. 3) once the cakes are 100% colonized, don't wait for them to pin.

Offlinesnarf
enthusiast
    #25641 - 07/26/00 02:31 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Casing is not necessary but let me ask you this, which is easier to do, construct an elaborate (and possibly expensive) terrarium to fruit cakes in or crumble up the cakes into containers and cover with vermiculite? Considering that casing increases yields significantly, I did not bother with doing the PF cake tek, even for my first time.

Just to expand, you crumble up the cakes to increase the surface area of the substrate in order to get more pins.

You case when you can no longer see any of your growing material in your jar. I am guessing that you used the quart jar revisited, just speculation on my part. Anyways, you want to see only white mycellium in the jar, no rice or stuff. Wait a day or two after that occurs and then case, just to make sure the center has mycelium in it as well.

Also, do NOT give PF style mycelium light during the colonization stage. It's possible that your mycelium may stop short of covering your substrate and start pinning early. You don't want that to happen.

Good luck on your first journey, sit back and enjoy the future fruits of you labour. :wink:

------------------
-snarf

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck