Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
bush is making an ass of himself
    #2556563 - 04/13/04 07:29 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

on this press conference....and he just said we are called by "the almighty" to spread freedom...bet he catches hell for that, fucking fundamentalist christian hillbilly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: bush is making an ass of himself [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2556619 - 04/13/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Isn't there something wrong when you laugh out loud at what you're president is saying?

"Why is the third largest member of the 'coalition' private companies, hired guns? Isn't this a sign of how weak our coalition is?"

"Well, I don't think we should be so detrimental to the members of our coalition"

or something stupid like that.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: bush is making an ass of himself [Re: Tao]
    #2556649 - 04/13/04 07:48 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

/crazy rant

i hate bush more than any president ever...he lies, its disgusting...he is 100% corporate, handing money to his buddies in big business...he is sooo fucking corrupt...the country is so at odds , divided down the middle ive begun to hate conservatives and republicans....republicans are morons who dont understand what is really happening, they whipped to their party because of racist and religous beliefs....i wish we could spilt the country in 2 and let those conservatives have their own half...they can live in a christian police state!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! i wanna move im going insane.....

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2556822 - 04/13/04 08:23 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

You too?  :smirk:

He was making an ass out of himself, also has a very shitty memory. He had to keep asking reporters to repeat questions they asked only a couple seconds ago.

But not to insult people with bad memory and linguistic skills.

Other than that he often went around the question, mainly saying, "Saddam was a threat," or, "9/11 made us realize we had to respond to terrorist attacks," no matter what the question is.

He's a fool.
:wexican:

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: bush is making an ass of himself [Re: Ravus]
    #2556983 - 04/13/04 09:03 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

what a joke that was...

transcripts: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4734348/

Bush actually criticized a reporter for asking a question that wasnt presented to him and his staff so they could rehearse an answer, and then, in the same breath, nearly admitted doubt towards the presence of WMD in Iraq.

Quote:

QUESTION: Thank you, Mr. President.

In the last campaign, you were asked a question about the biggest mistake you?d made in your life, and you used to like to joke that it was trading Sammy Sosa.

You?ve looked back before 9/11 for what mistakes might have been made. After 9/11, what would your biggest mistake be, would you say, and what lessons have learned from it?

BUSH: I wish you?d have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it.

John, I?m sure historians will look back and say, gosh, he could?ve done it better this way or that way. You know, I just ? I?m sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn?t yet.

I would?ve gone into Afghanistan the way we went into Afghanistan. Even knowing what I know today about the stockpiles of weapons, I still would?ve called upon the world to deal with Saddam Hussein.

When asked why he will be sitting on the lap of Cheney during his Sept. 11th commission testimony, Boy Wonder totally dodges the question and then quickly goes to another reporter:

Quote:

QUESTION: Mr. President, why are you and the vice president insisting on appearing together before the 9/11 commission? And, Mr. President, who will we be handing the Iraqi government over to on June 30th?

BUSH: We?ll find that out soon. That?s what Mr. Brahimi is doing. He?s figuring out the nature of the entity we?ll be handing sovereignty over.

And, secondly, because the 9/11 commission wants to ask us questions, that?s why we?re meeting. And I look forward to meeting with them and answering their questions.

QUESTION: (OFF-MIKE) I was asking why you?re appearing together, rather than separately, which was their request.

BUSH: Because it?s a good chance for both of us to answer questions that the 9/11 commission is looking forward to asking us. And I?m looking forward to answering them.

Let?s see. Hold on for a minute. Let?s see. Oh, Jim.

BUSH: I?ve got some must-calls. I?m sorry.

huh?

And here comes the sinister foreshadowing coupled with his trademark reptilian smirk:

Quote:

Sir, you?ve made it very clear tonight that you?re committed to continuing the mission in Iraq, yet, as Terry pointed out, increasing numbers of Americans have qualms about it. And this is an election year.

BUSH: Yes.

QUESTION: Will it have been worth it, even if you lose your job because of it?

BUSH: I don?t plan on losing my job.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: bush is making an ass of himself [Re: Xochitl]
    #2557042 - 04/13/04 09:19 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

QUESTION: Mr. President, why are you and the vice president insisting on appearing together before the 9/11 commission? And, Mr. President, who will we be handing the Iraqi government over to on June 30th?

BUSH: We?ll find that out soon. That?s what Mr. Brahimi is doing. He?s figuring out the nature of the entity we?ll be handing sovereignty over.

And, secondly, because the 9/11 commission wants to ask us questions, that?s why we?re meeting. And I look forward to meeting with them and answering their questions.

Ohhhhh! That explains it! I thought they just wanted to shoot the shit with you about nothing.
Why do you need adult supervision?

This is only his third press conference.

Any wonder why?

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2557063 - 04/13/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Not a day goes by where I don't ask myself, and I'm serouis when I say this, "How can this person be our president?". The man is just a joke, with the punch line being our future.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2557066 - 04/13/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

QUESTION: Mr. President, why are you and the vice president insisting on appearing together before the 9/11 commission?

BUSH: Ventriloquists, in order to make the show believable, always require that their dummies be within the range of their voice... and nothing gives me a greater thrill than to have uncle Dick's hand up my ass.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: bush is making an ass of himself [Re: Evolving]
    #2557079 - 04/13/04 09:28 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2557083 - 04/13/04 09:28 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Is that an actual quote? :lipsrsealed:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2557148 - 04/13/04 09:48 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I love that trick where Bush speaks while Cheney drinks a glass of water.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: bush is making an ass of himself [Re: silversoul7]
    #2557241 - 04/13/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

biter

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #2557337 - 04/13/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Bush actually criticized a reporter for asking a question that wasnt presented to him and his staff so they could rehearse an answer

It seemed to me he was joking with the reporter.

You (this is to everyone) can poke fun at him all you want. It's obvious he isn't the most eloquent politician who has ever lived. A more skilled verbalist would have been able to skirt the questions more articulately, though still without substance, and you would still be left with the same thing in the end. Nothing.

This is what politicians do about sensitive subjects. Sit on the fence and make you wonder which way they'll fall. He's damned either way. If he doesn't speak, he's hiding something, if he does, he has poor coordination trying to balance that line to avoid incrimination.

But other than his fluidness, how is it any different than bullshit other politicians spout?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: bush is making an ass of himself [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #2557458 - 04/13/04 11:54 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

But he wasnt smiling/smirking when he said I wish you?d have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it. There was no hint of humor in his voice. He seemed more stunned than anything.

I know in big name interviews like Meet the Press, the main questions that will be asked to the subject are in fact presented beforehand. I expect the same from live presidential press conferences - I could be wrong, however.

Seems as though the reporter asked a different question than what was presented to the Bush team and Bush was taken back.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2557479 - 04/14/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

For the last few months he has been heavily rehearsed by his handlers: "Lose the smirk! Lose the smirk! Lose the smirk!"

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2557495 - 04/14/04 12:14 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

"He refused to disarm. So we had to disarm him."

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: bush is making an ass of himself [Re: Learyfan]
    #2557582 - 04/14/04 12:37 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Then I would have done something about it.

Like selling airline stocks short?

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2558194 - 04/14/04 07:54 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I know in big name interviews like Meet the Press, the main questions that will be asked to the subject are in fact presented beforehand. I expect the same from live presidential press conferences -

Actually, in a presidential press conference, the questions are not submitted in advance. What normally happens is that the President is grilled by his staff days beforehand. They anticipate 90% of the questions that will be asked and give the President some suggested prepared answers. He was just stupid enough to admit he got caught off guard. Remember when he said "I guess I'm not quick on my feet."? The absence of humor he said that with made me wince, and I'm not even a fan of the man.

--------------------

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: bush is making an ass of himself [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #2558869 - 04/14/04 11:05 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

How is he different? He does not ever, ever answer the fucking questions.

Yah - We'd be fools to believe that everything that comes out of any politician's mouth should be treated as gospel. They need to get votes to get elected, and thus must appeal to as many people as possible. The result is often doublespeak and sometimes pandering.

THIS guy has the balls to contradict his own positions as it suits him, to brazenly lie when that suits him, and to speak to us like we're misbehaving 6th graders while he's doing it.

How is he different? Most politicians (and I'd venture to say that a larger percentage of dems than repubs) are in the game to do something good - to make the world better for people. Some are in it for the power and the ability to make some sly cash on the side.

This administration is in it to make thier friends and political cronies millions and millions of dollars at the cost of the American people; they are in it to force thier fundamentalist beliefs down the throats of everyone in the world, all the while spouting bullshit about "freedom" and "responsibility".

Bush is a bad person. A bad president. A bad, bad, bad human being.

That's how he's different.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

OfflineProtester
Stoner ReekingHavok

#2559435 - 04/14/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Me and my guild on eq where talking about the same shit you pointed out Xochitl last night as i was watching the recapp of the speech on cnn. What we decided for the reason that bush will be with cheney at the 9/11 commission meeting is because they will lickly have there stories crossed up and get caught in more lies. I also feel this is why the delayed the Rice testomony so that they could program her responses.

--------------------
I work my shitty 9-5 and I pay my taxes, I'm not hurting anybody else. So why do you care what i do in my spare time.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order