Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Green Vein Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenotaprettygirl
your mom
contamination frustrations (w/pics added)
    #2552564 - 04/12/04 10:11 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

this is my fourth time growing. i always do 4 PF cakes, and never had a problem until the last (3rd) batch.

i had 3 successful flushes (with 10:1 water:h2o2 dunks in between flushes) and after the third flush, got a nasty green veiny mold that initially looked like bruising. i picked what i could and pitched the rest, chalking it up to spent cakes and cold weather outside.

in between growing times, i clean out my aquarium using lysol and h2o2, rinse and dry it out and store it. during fruiting i use perlite with a 10:1 water:h202 solution for humidity. i seal the top up with vasoline and saran wrap. i air 3 times a day. i have lots of condensation in the tank, so i'm pretty sure humidity isn't a problem...and like i said, the first two batches i did came out great...

anyway, this time, i have 4 fully colonized pf jars, nice and white and growing strong. the first one pinned, so i birthed and dunked it. put it in the humidified terrarium, within a few hours the bruising had subsided and i notice the green veins starting to pop up. i'm positive that it's the damn mold.

there's an almost orange undertone to the mycellium with the greenish veins underneath, the cake also seems unusually dry for just being dunked. it's almost like the cake is totally spent and i JUST birthed it!!! and if history is any indicator, within a few days, the mold will completely consume the mycellium and the cake. i'm SO frustrated. does anyone have any advice on how i can kick this stupid mold? i still have 3 cakes in the jars, so luckily i haven't lost the bulk of my harvest, but i'm PISSED.

help? anyone?

-jizz

edit: adding some pics

http://www.xmakexyourselfx.com/IMG_4037.JPG
http://www.xmakexyourselfx.com/IMG_4040.JPG
http://www.xmakexyourselfx.com/IMG_4043.JPG
http://www.xmakexyourselfx.com/IMG_4045.JPG

Edited by notaprettygirl (04/12/04 10:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: contamination frustrations (w/pics added) [Re: notaprettygirl]
    #2555026 - 04/13/04 02:11 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

If it is some kind of mold, then there's nothing you can do save those but are you sure that isn't bruising ? The pics are a bit blurred but i think it could be bruising. Hardly a contam can come that strong in such a few time....
Also, have you changed the brand of the BRF you're using ? Sometimes the formula has to be adapted to a specific kind of floor, failing to do so might produce a substrate too dry or too wet. Mycelium looks weak if grown in a dry and packed substrate.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Green Vein Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix