Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

Bulk Grow Questions
    #2552316 - 04/12/04 09:23 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I plan on doing a bulk grow soon, and I've been browsing the Shroomery to figure out what I want to do. The following are my plans as of right now. If anyone sees any problems with or improvements that could be made to my plans, please let me know.

First off, I don't have a pressure cooker (so I automatically ruled out WBS, because I'm currently under the impression you can't do WBS without a pressure cooker). So, if I try to spawn a combination of horse poo and straw with a bunch of BRF jars (eight jars per 10 gallon tub, 2 pints in a quart, 4 quarts in a gallon, 1/10 ratio of spawn to substrate) that are crumbled up, will that work? And if it does work, will the fruits be smaller or less potent?

Also, for my substrate (the horse poo and straw) should I use just horse poo, just straw, or a combination of both? And what ratio, if it is a combination?

I'm planning on growing in ten gallon tubs, after colonization casing with a 50/50 of Vermiculite and Cocoa Coir, letting that colonize, then spraying it down and exposing to light once a day. I read the Bulk Neglect report, and apparently that was done just in a closet, so can I do that as well? I wanted to do bulk partly because I figured I didn't need grow chambers any longer.

I'm going to try to do two 10 gallon tubs this way.

Thanks again.

--------------------
No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.

Meow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
Re: Bulk Grow Questions [Re: MycoCat]
    #2553149 - 04/13/04 12:49 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

You can use BRF to spawn some shit, no problem. And no, I don?t think they will be weaker because of the BRF.
Bulk Neglect: 75% straw, 25% poo by volume. You can use straight poo or straight straw too. Some people mix poo with verm.
1/10 ratio spawn to substrate is OK. The more the better, the faster colonized and the less chance to get contamination. I use a 2/10 ratio spawn to substrate.
You don?t need any fruiting chamber cause you?re using it as a casing container. I mean, you don?t put cakes or baking pans inside, the whole chamber is the casing container and that much of a substrate keeps humidity, temps and everything nice as it needs. You?ll need to fan and give some light, though.

Good luck man.

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2553366 - 04/13/04 03:17 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I hear one pf cake and a blender will cover a lot of spawn.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #2553499 - 04/13/04 06:13 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The spawn is only used to introduce the mycelium to the substrate, so you won't see any significant difference in yeild using pf cakes IMO because the vast majority of the nutrition come from the poo/straw.

As for your substrate, every grower has his or her own preference. Personally, I would reccommend around 25% poo, as Semilanceata did and mycophile does in his grow log.

If you feel up to it, then by all means just fruit in a closet as is done in the bulk neglect report. Just bear in mind that mycophile is an extremely experienced grower, so I would copy his method as closely as possible on your first try.

Best of luck!

Anonymous

#2553603 - 04/13/04 07:45 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

go with straigt horse poo with 25% verm
and remember that thats more than a 1/10 ratio as you ar not filling the ten gallon tub right?
I think that is way to deep.
anything over 5 inches IMO is to deep
I would go with 4 inches deep
but straw is the worst IMO

InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
Re: Bulk Grow Questions [Re: fee]
    #2553720 - 04/13/04 08:34 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Fee's right about the depth. However, this guy I know seems to think that poo does a little better when compressed. He'll end up with (and he's not sure how responsible he feels about having me post this) 4 inches from six to seven, and thinks the fruits are better for it (larger shrooms, denser pin sets). This is just regarding straight horse poo, though :grin:.

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck