Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyewhew
Dead in Eternity

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Deja Vu and Drugs * 1
    #2547019 - 04/10/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Does anyone else here ever get deja vu that is induced by drugs? The first time I had deja vu was from marijuana and I was stupified by it. It totally shocked me and made me further question free will and other theories. I get it every time I am high and even on other drugs like shrooms. I used to get it a lot even when I'm not high but much less powerful deja vu and I would only get it once every few days.

For anyone who has experienced deja vu you know what it is. If you are not sure what you experienced is deja vu then you did not experience deja vu. Deja vu is a powerful experience. When I get it when I'm sober it doesn't bother me. I find it is part of my new conscious awareness that drugs have helped me achieve. It has changed the way I view things and it has made me question things I would otherwise not dedicate as much time pondering.

My question is, do any of you experience deja vu? Was it drug induced? etc..

:whoa:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyewhew
Dead in Eternity

Re: Deja Vu and Drugs [Re: yewhew] * 1
    #2547025 - 04/10/04 07:15 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I mistakenly posted this twice due to major shroomery.org lag  :razz:
Mods please delete one.

--------------------

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #2547043 - 04/10/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yep, It happenned to me plenty of time when I was shrooming.
Never with pot or sober tho.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2547210 - 04/10/04 08:49 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, it happens to me all the time while shrooming.  During the trip, if I get a heavy sense of deja-vu I'll rack my brain trying to come up with all sorts of theories why I feel deja-vu during a trip.  The most extreme reason I've come up with while tripping being:

*You're dead and don't know it except when "you" take the drug.  Then it 'activates' you and transports you into a time of space that keeps renewing itself over and over and you exist while being caught and swirled in the vortex...that's why it feels like deja-vu. 

(yeah, I know it's strange, but it made sense when I was tripping  :tongue:)

Offlinehellobluesky
friend
Loc: right near the beach
Re: Deja Vu and Drugs [Re: MOTH] * 1
    #2547224 - 04/10/04 08:57 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i get deja vu atleast twice a week wen sober..and i used to smoke pot everyday until i got caught and went on probation so i jsut got drunk and tripped on shrooms the whole probation and now im off probation and i smoke a lil now but its a whole new expeirience..its like a short shroom trip..sometimes its scary..or my mind just rambles on and i think and expeirience way too much..i think these effects from pot is because of all the tripping ive done but im not sure..it seems i cant get back to the good days wher ei cud blaze and egt real high but now i have a short trip and trust me it gets annoying..maybe once i start smokin more i'll get a tolerence to it and then these short shroom trips will go away and i can enjoy the high

--------------------
''He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.''

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Deja Vu and Drugs [Re: hellobluesky] * 1
    #2547547 - 04/10/04 10:53 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I love deja vu, it's the oddest thing ever. Inspires chaos in my mind whenever it happens, as I try to remember when I was here before when really I wasn't.

And shrooms, constant deja vu, same with bud. It's not just where I am either, it's my thoughts. I'll think them and then think, "When did I think this thought before? It seems familiar... I know I've thought it before..." and then my mind goes off and tries to see if the reason we have deja vu is because all thoughts are generated from the subconscious, hence they must have already existed in our mind before we thought them.

But I was also tripping at the time, which is probably why my explanation is a bit weird.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #2556502 - 04/13/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Being stoned for me is almost like constant deja vu.

--------------------

OfflineHahzist
Surfing theWaves of Chaos

Re: Deja Vu and Drugs [Re: abhi] * 1
    #2556913 - 04/13/04 08:46 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I love getting Deja Vu. I basically only get it like once every couple of weeks or so. But I've never gotten it while stoned or tripping...at least I dont think I have.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #2557087 - 04/13/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

For me it's usually tied in with my dreams. Like I'll be doing something ordinary in waking life, and all of a sudden I get this deja vu feeling like I've done this before, but in my dream! Sometimes this confuses the hell out of me because I can't remember if I thought or did this before in waking life or in a dream. Also a couple times in the past, I distinctively remember dreaming an event, and then sometime later the *exact* thing would happen in waking life. Now here's an idea, what if deja vu is us re-living a particular event that we have dreamt of before?

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Deja Vu and Drugs [Re: chodamunky] * 1
    #2557188 - 04/13/04 09:58 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i have kicks every now and then where i will get crazy deja vu every day for like 2 weeks and its like i have super-intuition. Psycadelic drugs seem to make this more frequent.

It always happens when im sober tho...can say i even had it when tripping...cept acid...first time i took it...me and my friend were like wtf i swear i have done this shit before...but we know damn well we didnt, it was just strangely familier.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Offlineyewhew
Dead in Eternity

#2557195 - 04/13/04 10:00 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I have also had the "this has happened before" in a dream phenomenon from a deja vu experience. Thing is, I don't always get the feeling it's from a dream and the first time I got it I thought I had some kind of break through in trying to figure out what is going on. I do not however believe that we dream our lives and relive our dreams, but it definitely is amazing how deja vu can be so powerfully tied to dreams and our recollection of events in our dreams. When I get deja vu when I'm not high and it's just suddenly out of the blue it's a sort of wake-up call. I can't even escape my ultra philosophical lifestyle even if i wanted to - though I definitely do not! If only non-philosophically-inclined/zombie people would experience the full intensity of a deja vu experience.. that would totally melt away their assumptions on an unquestionable existence of an absolute free will.

:heart:

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #2557214 - 04/13/04 10:09 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

hehe, I like how u refer to deja-vu as a 'wake-up' call, fits my theory perfectly  :wink:

one thing about what you said about free will,

I can't even escape my ultra philosophical lifestyle even if i wanted to

but then u say

[deja-vu] would totally melt away their assumptions on an unquestionable existence of an absolute free will.

hmmmm...

Edited by chodamunky (04/13/04 10:14 PM)

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
    #2557287 - 04/13/04 10:33 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The first time i did an eigth my entire night was one big wonderful deja vu. Awesome time! :mushroom2:

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Offlineyewhew
Dead in Eternity

#2557404 - 04/13/04 11:14 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

chodamunky said:
one thing about what you said about free will,

I can't even escape my ultra philosophical lifestyle even if i wanted to

but then u say

[deja-vu] would totally melt away their assumptions on an unquestionable existence of an absolute free will.

I am saying that a lot of people (probably a huge majority, but I have no statistic) believe they have free will. When I asked a random friend what he thought about the matter he waved his arms in front of himself and said "of course I have free will, I am doing this aren't I" in a sort of condescending manner. If he had ever experienced an intense deja-vu experience perhaps he would have reconsidered his take on the matter. You probably just misunderstood my badly worded statement  :ooo:

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2557475 - 04/14/04 12:03 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

spokesman said in a previous thread on deja vu:

Quote:

Well i think that everything that is happening has already happened. And Life is only an extensive memory processing itself in the brain, now a dying collection of cell. the body only exist on this universe for a flash fraction of a milli-secound, in universal time that is at the rate that the big bang is going, this is only an explosion in a void, eventualy all sparks will go off and the fire will be out. But that is cazillions of years away, in human time that is. Anyways as our brains start to evolve and our frequencies advance we gain this spiritual memory. The memory of everything that can and will happened. Because we become closer to evolving outside of the human time spectrum. I say De Ja Vu is just these flashes of thoughts of a possible outcome, just one of a million of these thoughts stand out because its the one that actually comes true. These flashes of memory are sort of our spiritual memory activating, confusing the physical memory and leaving you with this eerie feeling that you have actually read this before....Because our spiritual memory works in terms of universe time. And the more we get in touch with our universe and expand the mind, the more gain this spiritual memory and start remembering our past and future lives....... Oh Yeah......

i kinda like this idea....

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlineamorpheus
the world isspinning in myhand...

Re: Deja Vu and Drugs [Re: wrestler_az] * 1
    #2557948 - 04/14/04 03:02 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

When i take shrooms I don't get dejavu, but I get something like psychometrics...just by looking into an object I can see it's full history and things that happened to it, dont even have to touch it...my mind either capture or criates all these stories and possibilities about it, and it's all so exotic! It's WOW I can't even put it into words...it feels like seeng things with your minds eye 'till infinity!!!!but then I know that all these things I see aren't real..the only real thing is the way I feel about them, and it's WOW! So I found out that shrooms make me feel real feelings about things that aren't real!!!!WOOOOWWWW: how psychotic is that????

OfflineLysergic_1968
Ego-killer
Loc: The Seventh Circle of Hel...
Re: Deja Vu and Drugs [Re: amorpheus] * 1
    #2562300 - 04/15/04 03:14 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I get dejavu on DXM and mushrooms and used to get it sober when I was much younger. The dejavu I get on DXM is especially intense and thought provoking. It makes me feel as if I am a witness to the true nature of time, and has changed the way I look at the universe as a whole. It has led me to identify with Chaos Theory, specifically the idea that time may flow in more than one direction and that it may not be a static force. I've had some pretty weird time-related hallucinations- or "temporal hallucinations" as another Shroomery dude put it- that stand out in my mind. When I combined 240 mg of DXM with 1.2 grams of mush, I seriously felt as if I was literally reliving something that had already happened so many times it stretched back into infinity. At one point, I swear I began to hear every word my friend said BEFORE he said it as he was telling a story. Perhaps my most interesting temporal hallucination was actually a visual hallucination. I was in my kitchen on about 400 mg with the lights very dim, and as I moved the faucet (one of those pipelike swing kinds), I saw purplish blue trails stretch out in an arc in front of the faucet as I moved it. It was similar to the "time trails" Donnie sees in the movie Donnie Darko, but at the time I had not seen the movie. I was particularly shaken by this one, it really made me think about the way we look at time. Anyway, that's my experience with dejavu. Peace

--------------------
"Turn on, tune in, drop out." --Dr. Timothy Leary

Offlineyewhew
Dead in Eternity

Re: Deja Vu and Drugs [Re: Lysergic_1968] * 1
    #2563570 - 04/15/04 12:46 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I seriously felt as if I was literally reliving something that had already happened so many times it stretched back into infinity.

That's what I'm talking about. It's so fucked up but yet makes so much sense. Amazing.

--------------------

OfflineMollyDolly
Queen Rabbit

Loc: N.C., USA
    #2563713 - 04/15/04 01:09 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i get deja vu at least 3 times a day sober or not..guess im a frayk :/

--------------------
~~~~~*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*~~~~~

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Loc: st.louis
    #2566684 - 04/16/04 04:51 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i've always experienced deja vu even before i started using.
although i don't think it's been ever drug induced....hmmmm. good question.

--------------------
where i walk, i walk alone. when i fight, i fight alone. i am no one and i am nothing. yet all is that i am.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order