Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblechameleon303
Male User Gallery

Loc: Arcane Sanctuary Flag
some help wiht an led project would be apreciated * 1
    #25162634 - 04/24/18 03:13 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

so its been on my mind to light up the underneath of my coffee able with leds, i thought after looking over the parts ive picked i had it all figured out but no im confused still and not sure what i ned exactly and if the parts are going to connect as intended, the job is to be a solderless one

all the light kits are similar RGB 5050 or 3258 with controller 5 meter reels with 12v dc power/infrared receiver, im opting for the 3258 kit as i dont need that amount of light, it has adhesive backing which the 5050 doesnt and is cheaper to boot

but here's where im getting really confused as to the connectors i'll need which vary themselves depending on the apparent size of the strip they are to be used with

both kits have 4 connecting lines for the colours and + and a same sized 4 pin attachment which connects to the main power, as for what i intend to do it gets complicated!

i want them under the slats with a T splitter at the end which is then connected by a wire in between to the next T piece...

firstly i cant tell if the 3528 strip is the same size as the 5050 but looks it, the parts i need under the 3528 drop down dont have rgb next to them for the 3528 clips but the 5050 10mm does,
also im not even sure if i can connect the T piece to the cilp to clip part but thought i can using the little double ended 4 pin connector?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272987522845?var=572205683799

RGB clip to clip
T junction
4 pin male to male adapter
L corner  ( might not need these)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5050-3528-RGB-LED-Strip-12V-Waterproof-Kit-150-300-600-SMD-Adapter-Remote-UK/141299460524?hash=item20e61aa9ac:m:mkqhOK4sSbbOBGWr7nnZOIA

5M 3528 Full Kit (300 LED)

hope someone can help here, though i had thought of making it simple and jsut going for a warm white but still confused on the connecting parts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: some help wiht an led project would be apreciated [Re: chameleon303]
    #25162688 - 04/24/18 03:49 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I'm curious why u are against soldering.

U can make your own connectors with soldering, or just hard wire it and skip the connectors. And all wires can be covered with heat-sensitive shrink wrap insulation.

Just my two cents.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: some help wiht an led project would be apreciated [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25162720 - 04/24/18 04:07 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Whats a coffe able?

--------------------
This is the way.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: some help wiht an led project would be apreciated [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #25162732 - 04/24/18 04:15 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

A new high tech coffee machine?

:shrug:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

Re: some help wiht an led project would be apreciated [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25162733 - 04/24/18 04:17 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Im sorry i just wanted to be included.....long night lol

--------------------
This is the way.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: some help wiht an led project would be apreciated [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #25162743 - 04/24/18 04:21 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

All is forgiven my brotha :psychsplit:

Edited by LogicaL Chaos (04/24/18 04:21 PM)

Invisiblechameleon303
Male User Gallery

#25162779 - 04/24/18 04:46 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

i'm not against soldering per se, ive done a little in the past when i had decks and more recently for a speaker cable job, i bought the iron specifically and learned its too big and hot for this kind of delicate soldering as i had planned an led job im the past with switches etc so it would be more expenses

and then there's the time/lazy factor, i really just wanted to get these parts from the 2 venders and get going asap....
what's a coffee able, ahhh

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25163167 - 04/24/18 07:32 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Alright understandable. How bout crimpers? Modern day soldering if u will. Would u do that?

U just gotta match male and female connectors. Really that simple. u should see how the male and femlae end fit together. personally i like mini banana plugs.

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: some help wiht an led project would be apreciated [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25163405 - 04/24/18 09:58 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Dunno why you wouldn't want to solder.Depending on the tables material. That seems like a pretty easy job.

I haven't done led work in quite a while but I have a little experience. You could get strips that run on batteries or a plug to the wall. For something like oh it would be cool to have my coffee table light up i'd just use a strip of christmas lights to be honest. As I know it would be a novelty and it would be easier to unplug when I get bored and annoyed enough while trying to watch tv.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Invisiblechameleon303
Male User Gallery

Re: some help wiht an led project would be apreciated [Re: Enjoywho] * 1
    #25165700 - 04/25/18 09:41 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Enjoywho said:
Dunno why you wouldn't want to solder.Depending on the tables material. That seems like a pretty easy job.

I haven't done led work in quite a while but I have a little experience. You could get strips that run on batteries or a plug to the wall. For something like oh it would be cool to have my coffee table light up i'd just use a strip of christmas lights to be honest. As I know it would be a novelty and it would be easier to unplug when I get bored and annoyed enough while trying to watch tv.

its more for wanting to do something creative you know a project with a cool looking out come, pluss no xmas lights haha bad i know, not in favour of the batteries option this kit come with power and remote,

i have now been pondering the solder option though since a: i would only need the t piece and rgb wire to go in between, and b: i'll have the iron for any future work...
wondering if wire strippers can handle the rgb wire though as its 4 wires side by side?
this one is cheap has good reviews and think it might work since i can seen a few teeth compared to the ones that clearly do one wire only

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolson-20857-Automatic-Wire-Striper/dp/B001KOTNLW/ref=lp_1939061031_1_11?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1524713652&sr=1-11

these tools will make the project in itself more expensive and have to wait anyway as i just went food shopping which is a few weeks food at least and bought a load more green tea so will post some pics when i get on to this it done

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: some help wiht an led project would be apreciated [Re: chameleon303] * 1
    #25165886 - 04/26/18 12:02 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I'm a tinker personally.  Why I love over fucking with my car and things in my loves house :lol:

Good luck with your project it really doesn't sound that hard. personally I wouldn't try that hard a set of led lights should be fine. A solid set of 20 buck christmas lights would probably give you what you want.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: some help wiht an led project would be apreciated [Re: Enjoywho]
    #25166035 - 04/26/18 03:37 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Christmas lights wouldnt look as good IMO.

U could also do car LED light kit, like those tuner cars have

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#25166538 - 04/26/18 10:50 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I personally love a good set of christmas lights. What I use to illuminate my bedroom as I hate the flourescent bulbs. Bought them for about 10 bucks at walmart I believe. They offer a nice glow.

--------------------

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

Loc: CA Flag
    #25166728 - 04/26/18 12:17 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Why don't you just bend the led strip around the corners? Then you don't need any connectors or soldering

Invisiblechameleon303
Male User Gallery

Re: some help wiht an led project would be apreciated [Re: Lophosaurus] * 1
    #25167793 - 04/26/18 08:18 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

no mate, christmas lights are not what i want for this at all! though ive seen them used more lately in decorating the home and not against the idea this was to be a more sleek approach

this happens to be the exact table i have on ebay cant believe i won it for 1/4 of the price st £50 :smile: might sell on as it is a bit big tbh but had to get rid of the one i had since i moved here and won it after bidding close to end

as you can see i mentioned there are slats and so the strips im looking at will be stuck to the bottom of each one or each or every other facing down, with this infrared hidden & close to my power point will be pretty cosy, running the roll around the edge could be done i guess as a last resort, some under the top lip would be ok too i think but might require modifying the table, we'll see what happens

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

Loc: CA Flag
    #25167844 - 04/26/18 08:47 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, you will never see it if you just bend it. I do it on people's kitchen cabinets all the time and I never get complaints. Sometimes the light will look off because the strip is in a different position when it bends so I just put white electrical tape on it. to cover up those LEDs.

If you decide not to bend it then I would suggest soldering because those connectors can come loose easily when they get bumped IMO.

Good luck! Post a pic when it's done.

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#25169135 - 04/27/18 12:26 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

chameleon303 said:
no mate, christmas lights are not what i want for this at all! though ive seen them used more lately in decorating the home and not against the idea this was to be a more sleek approach

this happens to be the exact table i have on ebay cant believe i won it for 1/4 of the price st £50 :smile: might sell on as it is a bit big tbh but had to get rid of the one i had since i moved here and won it after bidding close to end

as you can see i mentioned there are slats and so the strips im looking at will be stuck to the bottom of each one or each or every other facing down, with this infrared hidden & close to my power point will be pretty cosy, running the roll around the edge could be done i guess as a last resort, some under the top lip would be ok too i think but might require modifying the table, we'll see what happens

I feel it man. Good luck on your project. I'm lazy most of the time. :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblechameleon303
Male User Gallery

#25220850 - 05/22/18 12:58 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

ok so i mulled over your advice and won myself an antex iron with silicone cable on ebay with stand and free solder :smile:
first led strip i bought was waterproof though so couldn't be used and now in my bathroom lol, then i bought the wrong size due to poor advertising and finally found a 5050 kit non waterproof which is harder to locate as waterproof seems to be the norm, its from china but have saved a few quid and eager to set it up

ive soldered the connections in the mean time and been over them thoroughly and no parts are touching and should work as soon as the kit arrives and hooked up...that was an effort as the wires had to be twisted to make them connect to the corresponding rgb+ on the next strip but good to solder something again

glad i made this post and was egged on to try the solder route, going to get some electronics kits at some point and already fixed my pc speaker volume as the solder had basically become brittle and snapped and why the connection was so iffy so was an easy fix and works like a charm :smile: this was important as i can now include it for a better price with a pc im thinking of selling

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds