Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrippinSinceABaby
Not A Stranger

Loc: Mars
is this cake spent?
    #25146981 - 04/17/18 11:07 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

The first picture is from a cake on its second flush but not giving any fruits. The 2nd and third picture is on its first flush but joined the FC a couple days after the one in the 1st picture. The 2nd picture only has minimal pinset because at first i had the cake flipped the other way and then realized despite the light they decided to grow down so i flipped them over and been giving tlc and expect to catch up to the 3rd picture which were both birthed same day. But my question remains if the first picture cake will not give anymore fruit or pins should i toss it? Its been in the FC fot about a week and a half. Also the 3rd picture cake is bruising on the side pretty bad i figure its from lack of water so ive been keeping up with spraying especially the side with the bruising on it but just seems to keep soaking everything right up in a matter of no time. Ive tried bottom feeding before and was not a big fan of it. I developed some sort of clear bacteria even tho i switched the water regularly. Any advice? This is first grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrippinSinceABaby
Not A Stranger

Re: is this cake spent? [Re: TrippinSinceABaby]
    #25146985 - 04/17/18 11:11 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineSome Guys Fungi
Your Highness
Male

#25147808 - 04/18/18 11:02 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

The substrate can only hold so much moisture the smaller the substrate the less moisture there is, maybe it's just the angle the picture was taken from but they look tiny, like little hockey pucks? The mycelium bruising and those little mushies on the third cake with the little white spots on the caps look like they're too dry, also doesn't look like you did the dunk and roll which would add to that. Just a couple questions.

1. what size of jar did you use?
2. did you allow cakes to consolidate for a week or so after full colonization?
3. did you dunk and roll these guys before fruiting?
4. I assume it is but, was this a MS inoculation?

Edited by Some Guys Fungi (04/18/18 11:04 AM)

OfflineTrippinSinceABaby
Not A Stranger

Re: is this cake spent? [Re: Some Guys Fungi]
    #25150711 - 04/19/18 01:26 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I used half pint jars but i did screw up on birthing too soon i beleive but not totally sure. When i thought they were 100% i waited a week before birthing. I did dunk n roll all of them but beleive most of the verm fell off and for the first picture i thought i read somewhere that you should just dunk and not roll on your second flush? Have i been misinformed? Just harvested the 3rd cake today got about 24g wet from it :/ the second cake seems to have ALOT of pins and knots now. I have my cake i just harvested in the dunkeroo atm. And i used a syringe i got from a vendor for these

Edited by TrippinSinceABaby (04/19/18 01:27 PM)

OfflineAma420
Thickems
Male User Gallery

#25150777 - 04/19/18 01:57 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Are the cakes sitting on the perlite or you have foil? Dunk and roll after birth. After first flush redunk and i place spoonful of verm on top of cake. Dont flip them. Mist directly to a glisten. Only bottom water after pinsets are in. If they are sitting on perlite, the perlite is taking all their moisture

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate