Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThorasta
Stranger
Seattle area - is there a single mushroom good for indoor and outdoor growing?
    #25133193 - 04/12/18 12:54 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I live near Seattle.  I want to try growing my first shrooms in a box.  I also want to see if I can get a patch going outside that’ll take care of itself other than feeding it wood chips (and maybe lawn clippings?) once a year.

What varieties work well?  Is there a single variety that’ll do it all?  Plz recommend one or two.
P. Azure for outdoor only?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seattle area - is there a single mushroom good for indoor and outdoor growing? [Re: Thorasta]
    #25133223 - 04/12/18 01:06 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Indoor outdoor you have
Cubes
Pans
And mexicana

All of them obviously will work outdoors if temps are fine. They kind of do the outdoors thing.
And the above species are common the indoor-able ones

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seattle area - is there a single mushroom good for indoor and outdoor growing? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25133344 - 04/12/18 02:14 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Cubensis and panaelous and mexicana can all fruit indoors and outdoors.

Outdoors is always going to be seasonal though. Cubensis are a tropical species so you're going to want to fruit around june july when temps are high. You'll probably need to cover or water them though.

If you really want to cultivate outdoors in the PNW then I highly suggest growing psilocybe cyanescens. They are one of the most potent mushrooms around and they can be grown without sterile technique if you can find a live fruit.

We love our ps. Cyans here in Seattle.

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seattle area - is there a single mushroom good for indoor and outdoor growing? [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25133346 - 04/12/18 02:16 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Also, ALL mushrooms can be grown outdoors.

Your real question is what can be grown indoors.

--------------------

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

OfflineThorasta
Stranger
Re: Seattle area - is there a single mushroom good for indoor and outdoor growing? [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25134488 - 04/12/18 11:08 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

elasticaltiger said:
Cubensis and panaelous and mexicana can all fruit indoors and outdoors.

Outdoors is always going to be seasonal though. Cubensis are a tropical species so you're going to want to fruit around june july when temps are high. You'll probably need to cover or water them though.

If you really want to cultivate outdoors in the PNW then I highly suggest growing psilocybe cyanescens. They are one of the most potent mushrooms around and they can be grown without sterile technique if you can find a live fruit.

We love our ps. Cyans here in Seattle.

Thank you! 

So (reiterating in my own words):
- Cubes if I want to grow in a box + can cultivate with a minimal amount of nurturing...  I can grow them with my roses probably and set an automatic water timer.
- Cyans if I want to pour a spore mash on the ground here and there and let them pop up on their own every year.  (I suspect they already grow in my yard - but wasn't aware enough previously to look and take advantage of them)

As for the seasonal nature of outdoor patches - I have a dehydrator, and doubt I'll want to gonzo out on shrooms more than once every two months, so if I can get a patch going I think it'll be more than enough for all year (I've only done shrooms twice in my entire life - its the only recreational drug I have ever liked).  Have no idea what people do with them when I see them harvesting tons in these forums.

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seattle area - is there a single mushroom good for indoor and outdoor growing? [Re: Thorasta] * 1
    #25134582 - 04/13/18 12:56 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

You cant grow cyans from "spore mash"

This is what you do.

Find a live cyanescens fruit.

Rip a piece from the center of the stem and place between two wet pieces of cardboard and keep the cardboard moist.

Once the cardboard is colonized rip it into pieces and mix with wet hardwood chips. Alder and douglas fir are good.

Once wet wood chips are colonized make a bed with them and add more uncolonized woodchips. Keep the pile watered throughout the year and hope the bed becomes permanent.

Cubensis are a whole different story, they aren't a wood lover. But making an outdoor bed is basically the same as an indoor.

Forget about spraying spores everywhere. It doesn't work. You need to put in some work. These are niche species that drop millions of spores yet we only see fruits appear sparingly in places. You can't just drop them like seeds and expect fruits.

The search engine is your friend here.

--------------------

OfflineThorasta
Stranger
    #25138080 - 04/14/18 10:21 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

You can’t do this to spread them around?

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seattle area - is there a single mushroom good for indoor and outdoor growing? [Re: Thorasta] * 1
    #25139408 - 04/14/18 06:53 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Morels grow out of the dirt just fine. For cyans you want to have the wood chips for them to grow out of.

He thinks hes growing from spores but it's actually the blended mushrooms that's doing it.

If you can find enough cyan fruits to blend up you can definitely inoculate your wood chips beds like that!

But spores alone won't do it, you need live fruits or mycelium  for that kind of inoculation.

If you want to grow from spores you'll need to germinate a small amount on something like agar or grains before you can add them to something that isn't sterilized.

--------------------

Edited by elasticaltiger (04/14/18 06:53 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate