Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemore4u2c
Mad Hatter

I'm a Victim Of Violet (VOV) tek posts.... I think lol please help me! Got a shit ton of RGS :(
    #25117093 - 04/05/18 09:59 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

So I figured I would try the Vtek way and well it worked not near as much of a harvest as a traditional mono tub and much more pain in the ass to individually water each little container as they drank it all up definitely a lot more work with a lot less of a harvest. So now WTF do I do with the 50 pounds of RGS? Can i use RGS as spawn to bulk? Also Ms. Violet stated that the PC time for RGS in plastic bottles can be ran at an hour. I got a lot of contamination running at 1hr in PC like almost a 50% fail rate so obviously 1hr is fake news and I should PC these at the normal 1 1/2 hrs?

Also to me the PP5 bottles are a lot slower than the traditional glass jars with GE holes and I'm thinking that the lack of GE holes or GE period in the bottles is what causes them to grow so slowly vs the glass jars that seem to me to colinizate st the normal faster rate. I love the PP5 jars cuz of the weight, stackable when not used, and quietness no clanking glass all the time. So I prefer to use the plastic bottles but how would I get them to have GE like the glass jars?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
Re: I'm a Victim Of Violet (VOV) tek posts.... I think lol please help me! Got a shit ton of RGS :( [Re: more4u2c]
    #25117099 - 04/05/18 10:03 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Use it like oats or WBS and knock up quart jars of if with agar, then spawn to monos.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

InvisibleZero Nowhere
Beer Drinker
Male

Loc: Standing on the moon
Re: I'm a Victim Of Violet (VOV) tek posts.... I think lol please help me! Got a shit ton of RGS :( [Re: more4u2c]
    #25117109 - 04/05/18 10:12 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

more4u2c said:
So I figured I would try the Vtek way and well it worked not near as much of a harvest as a traditional mono tub and much more pain in the ass to individually water each little container as they drank it all up definitely a lot more work with a lot less of a harvest. So now WTF do I do with the 50 pounds of RGS? Can i use RGS as spawn to bulk? Also Ms. Violet stated that the PC time for RGS in plastic bottles can be ran at an hour. I got a lot of contamination running at 1hr in PC like almost a 50% fail rate so obviously 1hr is fake news and I should PC these at the normal 1 1/2 hrs?

Also to me the PP5 bottles are a lot slower than the traditional glass jars with GE holes and I'm thinking that the lack of GE holes or GE period in the bottles is what causes them to grow so slowly vs the glass jars that seem to me to colinizate st the normal faster rate. I love the PP5 jars cuz of the weight, stackable when not used, and quietness no clanking glass all the time. So I prefer to use the plastic bottles but how would I get them to have GE like the glass jars?

Maybe drill a quarter inch hole and stuff it with polyfill.  It should work.

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I'm a Victim Of Violet (VOV) tek posts.... I think lol please help me! Got a shit ton of RGS :( [Re: Zero Nowhere]
    #25117113 - 04/05/18 10:13 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

you can use the pp5 ziplocks unmodded. check my agar tek. I use them unmodded for agar.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread

InvisibleZero Nowhere
Beer Drinker
Male

Re: I'm a Victim Of Violet (VOV) tek posts.... I think lol please help me! Got a shit ton of RGS :( [Re: Ziran]
    #25117126 - 04/05/18 10:19 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I do too.  For agar.  I thought he was talking. About grain spawn Qt jars.

InvisibleZero Nowhere
Beer Drinker
Male

Re: I'm a Victim Of Violet (VOV) tek posts.... I think lol please help me! Got a shit ton of RGS :( [Re: Zero Nowhere]
    #25117131 - 04/05/18 10:22 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I just looked at your agar tek.  That's exactly what I do.  I only pc for 25.  I got alot of condensation so I got to keep em upside down.

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time

Folding@home Statistics
    #25117133 - 04/05/18 10:23 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Zero Nowhere said:
I do too.  For agar.  I thought he was talking. About grain spawn Qt jars.

Ive used the bigger ziplocks unmodded with grains. CoW on whole oats.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread

InvisibleZero Nowhere
Beer Drinker
Male

Re: I'm a Victim Of Violet (VOV) tek posts.... I think lol please help me! Got a shit ton of RGS :( [Re: Ziran]
    #25117136 - 04/05/18 10:24 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Can you put polyfill in it?  Does the lid hold up?

OfflineXerbia
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25117140 - 04/05/18 10:25 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Lol of course a mono is going to have a much bigger yield.

It honestly sounds like you need to just improve your technique all around. I use grass seed for grains time to time and have never had contamination issues with it.

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time

Folding@home Statistics
    #25117141 - 04/05/18 10:26 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Zero Nowhere said:
Can you put polyfill in it?  Does the lid hold up?

you could. But you dont need to. just unscrew the lid a tad, foil and PC.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread

InvisibleZero Nowhere
Beer Drinker
Male

#25117145 - 04/05/18 10:28 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Ok.  I was just curious.  It seems like it's a fine line where the lid is loose enough, or it's not attached

InvisibleZero Nowhere
Beer Drinker
Male

Re: I'm a Victim Of Violet (VOV) tek posts.... I think lol please help me! Got a shit ton of RGS :( [Re: Xerbia]
    #25117150 - 04/05/18 10:30 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Xerbia said:

It honestly sounds like you need to just improve your technique all around. I use grass seed for grains time to time and have never had contamination issues with it.

Of course a mono yields more but not everyone can have a huge tub of shrooms sitting around.

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time

Folding@home Statistics
    #25117189 - 04/05/18 10:46 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

the gif I posted in my agar tek shows how far to turn it

--------------------
Song Of Healing
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread

InvisibleZero Nowhere
Beer Drinker
Male

#25117191 - 04/05/18 10:47 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I'll check it out

InvisibleZero Nowhere
Beer Drinker
Male

#25117197 - 04/05/18 10:50 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Wait a minute bud...  that's a great value not a Ziploc.  That's what I'm using.  Violet stresses Ziploc are better quality.  I just don't like the domed bottom.  I got to pour thick.

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time

Folding@home Statistics
    #25117202 - 04/05/18 10:57 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

they work about the same trust me. just do what the end part of the gif does. I pull on the lid to make sure it doesnt pop off.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread

InvisibleZero Nowhere
Beer Drinker
Male

#25117204 - 04/05/18 10:58 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Alright bud thanks +5

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time

Folding@home Statistics
    #25117209 - 04/05/18 11:00 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

If it pops off just do a 1/4 to 1/2 less of an unscrew from tight.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread

Offlinemore4u2c
Mad Hatter

#25117424 - 04/06/18 02:14 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Zero Nowhere said:
I just looked at your agar tek.  That's exactly what I do.  I only pc for 25.  I got alot of condensation so I got to keep em upside down.

I always get hella condisation so I started slanting my containers so the agar is slanted and any water pools away from.the agar

Offlinemore4u2c
Mad Hatter

Re: I'm a Victim Of Violet (VOV) tek posts.... I think lol please help me! Got a shit ton of RGS :( [Re: Xerbia]
    #25117432 - 04/06/18 02:21 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Xerbia said:

I only used rgs as a straight to fruit didn't know if it would work as a spawn to bulk my WBS to bulk has always been contam free but I PC the wbs for an hour and half the RGS only 60 minutes. Can you PC RGS for longer without cooking them too much? All I know is the straight cases rgs in bottles was not very productive the mono wbs out performed same strain same genetics

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate