Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick * 3
    #25075316 - 03/19/18 11:16 AM (6 years, 30 days ago)

I've always struggled to live without cannabis. Got a bad cough and fever recently and decided to just quit rather than take baby hits to avoid angering my cough. I have now been without it for 2 weeks or more with zero withdrawal symptoms and almost zero craving. You already feel so shitty when you're good and sick, you wont even notice the withdrawals.

Any time I'd tried to quit/slow down in the past it was a struggle, nothing like quitting heroin mind you, which I've done, but its harder to commit to quitting when the addiction is as benign as cannabis. I've been quite surprised at how easy its been this last attempt.

Have also taken up lifting weights/exercising so I'm sure that has a little something to do with it. Pump an iron while you're on the computer, easy peasy.

Idk, thought I'd share the tip. I have been dreaming like crazy ever since quitting, I woke up three different times to write down dreams last night alone. And obviously I'm more clearheaded and my wits are returning to me, less lazy, oh right and the extra cash!  10/10 would recommend. Especially if you've been perpetually stoned since high school like the idiot posting this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: Psilosopherr] * 1
    #25075318 - 03/19/18 11:17 AM (6 years, 30 days ago)

yeah i hate smoking when im sick, i actually feel more sick

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

OfflineThundermuscle75
Penis, usually hard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Staring at woodchips.
Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: Herbologist] * 1
    #25075439 - 03/19/18 12:18 PM (6 years, 30 days ago)

That actually makes sense.

I was also a stoner who found that the habit no longer did anything good for me.

Hang in there. About a month after I quit I couldn't believe how clear headed I felt or how well my brain seemed to work.

For about the next year I probably felt better than I ever have in my life.

Sometimes I wonder if I started smoking for awhile and then quit again, would I get the same benefit?

I'm highly doubtful so I don't plan on trying.

--------------------

"Rape ... Is a... can of apples" -Fiery

InvisibleServantOfBaphomet
StarKitten's Boyfriend
Male User Gallery

Loc: αßπΣσµτΦΘΩδ∞ Flag
Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: Thundermuscle75]
    #25075451 - 03/19/18 12:26 PM (6 years, 30 days ago)

"Clearheadednes" is a hallucination brought on by the ego. What a human terms clearheadedness is what many plants might intelligently (if they could speak human) term slow and stupid. There is a huge difference between drinking a life enhancing two beers a day compared to drinking a fifth of jack. Usually when one overuses for awhile, NATURE finds a way to pull you off it for awhile. People might think it's god doing balancing, but it's the earth and the plants themselves who are the true CHAOS magicians.

--------------------
Do what thou Wilt shall be the Whole of the Law
Love is the Law. Love under Will

Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!!
The Sovereign Peanut has Spoken!!

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: ServantOfBaphomet] * 2
    #25075620 - 03/19/18 02:08 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

ServantOfBaphomet said:
"Clearheadednes" is a hallucination brought on by the ego. What a human terms clearheadedness is what many plants might intelligently (if they could speak human) term slow and stupid. There is a huge difference between drinking a life enhancing two beers a day compared to drinking a fifth of jack. Usually when one overuses for awhile, NATURE finds a way to pull you off it for awhile. People might think it's god doing balancing, but it's the earth and the plants themselves who are the true CHAOS magicians.

well we know why you opted out of ratings. Shoo :lol:

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: Thundermuscle75] * 1
    #25075622 - 03/19/18 02:08 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Thundermuscle75 said:
That actually makes sense.

I was also a stoner who found that the habit no longer did anything good for me.

Hang in there. About a month after I quit I couldn't believe how clear headed I felt or how well my brain seemed to work.

For about the next year I probably felt better than I ever have in my life.

Sometimes I wonder if I started smoking for awhile and then quit again, would I get the same benefit?

I'm highly doubtful so I don't plan on trying.

ah didn't expect it to get better over time. Glad to hear it

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: Psilosopherr] * 1
    #25075634 - 03/19/18 02:14 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Its also a time to quit cancer stix

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

OfflineThundermuscle75
Penis, usually hard
Male User Gallery

Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: ServantOfBaphomet] * 1
    #25075816 - 03/19/18 03:48 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

ServantOfBaphomet said:

I think I did overuse for a long while. I'm not denying that cannabis can be beneficial, or judging anyone who uses it. I just think I took all I should have taken from it. Then I took more and more.

Now it seems my time of benefiting from that plant is largely over.

I feel it's a lesson I learned that may help me respect the mushrooms more. I hope they can be a healthier part of my life and sow good things for years to come.

--------------------

InvisibleServantOfBaphomet
StarKitten's Boyfriend
Male User Gallery

Loc: αßπΣσµτΦΘΩδ∞ Flag
Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: Thundermuscle75] * 2
    #25075823 - 03/19/18 03:51 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

For sure, if you learn to respect them, these plants will take you by the arm and guide you like a good woman.

--------------------
Do what thou Wilt shall be the Whole of the Law
Love is the Law. Love under Will

Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!!
The Sovereign Peanut has Spoken!!

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #25076061 - 03/19/18 05:52 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Psilosopherr said:
.... Especially if you've been perpetually stoned since high school like the idiot posting this

lol

Just curious how much you typically smoked a day and for how long?

Do you plan on smoking again sometime in the future?...

You're just taking a break for now, for how ever long it lasts?

-OM

--------------------

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: openmind] * 1
    #25076091 - 03/19/18 06:02 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

used to be a breakfast/lunch/dinner bowl, progressed into pretty much all the time. Whenever I'd come down or get bored i'd light up again

I don't want to get back into habitual use like that, it'll probably become a weekend only thing for me when I do go back.

InvisibleOhMrJohnson
Modern Day Alchemist

Loc: Terra Incognita Flag
Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: openmind] * 1
    #25076095 - 03/19/18 06:04 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Oddly enough moving to Colorado where it's legal has helped me cut down on my intake quite a bit

I feel less anxiety running out here than I did back home, back home running out of weed was always a big deal and there was never a guarantee that I'd be able to re-up that week, out here I don't have to worry about it because there's dispensaries literally in every direction, plus my co-workers are cool as fuck and give me free weed from time to time which is what I'm currently smoking on
:thatsayes:

But yeah quitting pot used to be something that I felt a lot of inner turmoil about, part of me wanted to do it but part of me was like fuck that shit, and every time I tried to do it and slipped back into sobriety I realized how much better I felt under its influence

Nowadays I don't even think twice about it, weed improves my quality of life and makes me a happier person in general even moreso than it used to so I will never quit

--------------------

Diminish the sub-principle and leave its toxic trace..
Once and for all!

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: OhMrJohnson] * 1
    #25086165 - 03/23/18 10:06 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

man, it is insane how fucked up a bowl gets me right now. For hours I can't even think straight or hold proper conversations. constantly apologizing, 'sorry man I'm just really high'

OfflineThundermuscle75
Penis, usually hard
Male User Gallery

Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: Psilosopherr] * 2
    #25086178 - 03/23/18 10:21 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Lol. That's me. By the time somebody finishes a sentence I forgot how it started.

Makes socializing seem pretty pointless.

I might as well hang out with people who don't speak English.

--------------------

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: Thundermuscle75] * 1
    #25086192 - 03/23/18 10:37 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Have I found the source of my social woes? :lol:

OfflineOericOss
Knowledgemuncher

#25086542 - 03/24/18 04:55 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Thanks for this post..
Ive smoked for 10 years all day everyday. About every 2years i come to a point that i notice how it retards me, i have problems to have a conversations because my short term memory cant let me talk about anecdotes without forgetting the main subject when done. When this happens it's easy to stop and i normally have a break of 3-8 months until my brain is fresh again, then i go back.... Why do i do that? I like to tell myself that i self medicate for my back pain but it comes with too many downsides. Lately i havent even been able to enjoy the joints because they dont make me high (rare to find good weed) so i just get unhappy straight away so there's really no point anymore, even though i know this i continue to spend ridiculous amounts of money on it.. so obviously i have a problem and know i should stop.. but dont. Like a big part of me knows i should stop because it's obiously not doing me good anymore, but a part of me stills feels that its needed for my pain and mundane life atm(and i wouldnt do any other painkillers).
The biggest break i had from cannabis was 8 months and that time i turned against the plant, meaning that i started to contempt it in order to easier be able to stay away from it. But that didnt work because i dont feel its a bad drug, especially not compared to all the ones encouraged by society (alcohol fe).
I would like to come to a point where i can have a joint in the same manner "normal" people can have a beer, but i always burn everything up because i want to reach a high i never get.
Anyways this post was a good thing to wake up to and see that other people feeling the same and can do it, which means i can do it ofc! =) unfortunately, im never sick so need another route:p

--------------------

"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it faith."
- Jung

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: OericOss]
    #25086820 - 03/24/18 09:29 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

OericOss said:
Thanks for this post..
Ive smoked for 10 years all day everyday. About every 2years i come to a point that i notice how it retards me, i have problems to have a conversations because my short term memory cant let me talk about anecdotes without forgetting the main subject when done. When this happens it's easy to stop and i normally have a break of 3-8 months until my brain is fresh again, then i go back.... Why do i do that? I like to tell myself that i self medicate for my back pain but it comes with too many downsides. Lately i havent even been able to enjoy the joints because they dont make me high (rare to find good weed) so i just get unhappy straight away so there's really no point anymore, even though i know this i continue to spend ridiculous amounts of money on it.. so obviously i have a problem and know i should stop.. but dont. Like a big part of me knows i should stop because it's obiously not doing me good anymore, but a part of me stills feels that its needed for my pain and mundane life atm(and i wouldnt do any other painkillers).
The biggest break i had from cannabis was 8 months and that time i turned against the plant, meaning that i started to contempt it in order to easier be able to stay away from it. But that didnt work because i dont feel its a bad drug, especially not compared to all the ones encouraged by society (alcohol fe).
I would like to come to a point where i can have a joint in the same manner "normal" people can have a beer, but i always burn everything up because i want to reach a high i never get.
Anyways this post was a good thing to wake up to and see that other people feeling the same and can do it, which means i can do it ofc! =) unfortunately, im never sick so need another route:p

Just do it. Getting sick might work for others but at same time if you quit all on your own will power you will undoubtedly feel better about it down the road.  Just monitor the thoughts in your head that precede you taking action to go smoke and start not taking that action. Your brain will literally rewire itself, the discomfort that you will experience not smoking will only be temporary but the new neuropathways you build will last long after you begin doing something different and in time you may be able to travel them while having an occasional joint.

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #25086846 - 03/24/18 09:44 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

I find it difficult not to smoke weed if I have it on hand, but once I run out it's easy for me to just not buy more.

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: Herbologist]
    #25091809 - 03/26/18 12:02 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Herbologist said:
yeah i hate smoking when im sick, i actually feel more sick

Can confirm this.

I was sick with a cold/fever all weekend and every time I smoked i just felt more sinus pressure and congestion.  I pretty much can't even feel the high when I feel like shit.  Smoking sucks when your sick

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: If you struggle to quit pot, do it when you're sick [Re: Herbologist] * 2
    #25091813 - 03/26/18 12:05 PM (6 years, 23 days ago)

:lol: did you just quote yourself and then respond to it?

I am holding out hope that you didn't realize it was you you were quoting :rofldrunk:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom