Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDabby
Stranger

Can't tell if cakes fully colonized/consolidated. But pinning. What do I do with these?
    #25070496 - 03/17/18 11:11 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

So a few weeks ago I started my first grow. A lot of the jars got messed up due to poor foiling of the lids during PC and they are full of water. However, I had 2 pretty decent look jars. I inoculated in 2 holes. Once the mycelium reached the glass, it started to wrap around the jar. Eventually, the 2 points of mycelium "met". But seems like they could still colonize more. However, within 2-3 days of the mycelium meeting (full wrapping) I started to get pins like crazy. I gave it a week for consolidated once it seemed like the "outside" was covered. Should I birth the cakes? If so, what should I do with the pins? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Dabby (03/17/18 01:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Can't tell if cakes fully colonized/consolidated. But pinning. What do I do with these? [Re: Dabby]
    #25070510 - 03/17/18 11:20 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Birth'em and eat them pins.

Offlinedont trust midgets
your HIGHness
I'm a teapot

Re: Can't tell if cakes fully colonized/consolidated. But pinning. What do I do with these? [Re: Dabby]
    #25070552 - 03/17/18 11:40 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I cant enlarge the photos to get a good look but generally if they are pinning in the jar its time to take them out. if the are not fully colonized the early pinning is most likely due to contamination.

--------------------
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

OfflineDabby
Stranger

Re: Can't tell if cakes fully colonized/consolidated. But pinning. What do I do with these? [Re: dont trust midgets]
    #25070761 - 03/17/18 01:39 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dont trust midgets said:
I cant enlarge the photos to get a good look but generally if they are pinning in the jar its time to take them out. if the are not fully colonized the early pinning is most likely due to contamination.

I fixed the images. Should be able to get a better look now.

I did read somewhere that early pinning could be contam. However, I can't tell if they're fully colonized or not.

Offlinekingkc
enthusiast
 User Gallery

#25070801 - 03/17/18 01:58 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

they are fully colonized and look like mushrooms to me anyway. the pins and all in those jars look like healthy starting material and there are several ways to dispose them.
some like to blend all things up and use that for adding to bulk substrates; mushroom pins and all. Others , like me for instance will eat the small pins and just use the remaining cake as spawn.

OfflineDabby
Stranger

#25070833 - 03/17/18 02:22 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

So I birthed the cakes. I noticed some of the shrooms themslves are slightly off-color (almost like a blueish blackish. You can see in the pic.) is that normal? Does that just mean they were in the process of aborting?

OfflineTormatoFacebookDiscordReddit
It’s OK!! I’m a Limo Driver!! 😁
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Can't tell if cakes fully colonized/consolidated. But pinning. What do I do with these? [Re: dont trust midgets]
    #25070840 - 03/17/18 02:25 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dont trust midgets said:

:snoopyes::whathesaid:

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

Tormato's LAGM 2020

Come chat with me and other Trusted Cultivators and Trusted Identifiers on Shroomery Discord

Some cool videos I like to watch under the influence.

Offlinedont trust midgets
your HIGHness
I'm a teapot

#25072585 - 03/18/18 10:33 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Just in the process of aborting. your cakes look pretty good so i dont think the are contaminated. Shrooms turn a blueish black color when they get bruised due to the oxidation of the active chemical so that's nothing to worry about.

--------------------
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies