Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
Just thought if something fucking crazy
    #25070284 - 03/17/18 07:16 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Cops and other people in sensitive positions of work have to take a psychological evaluation but prosecutors, judges n jury dont for psychopathic tendencies, immaturity, bias or incompetence. I mean peoples and their families lives are at stake.

Aint that fucking crazy? I cant believe no1 else has ever brought this up.

I hate politics but i swear i wish i could get into a position to change laws that are common sense.

*Also them plus cops should be required to spend a week in  a real jail at the min treated like real inmates before theyre aloud to arrest people just like with pepper spray.

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

Edited by LemurLemur (03/17/18 08:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: Just thought if something fucking crazy [Re: LemurLemur]
    #25070289 - 03/17/18 07:21 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

LemurLemur said:
I hate politics but i swear i wish i could get into a position to change laws that are common sense.

It's never going to get any better. Just try and find a way to be happy with what we've got.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Re: Just thought if something fucking crazy [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25070301 - 03/17/18 07:29 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Thinking like that is why it wont.
What you ignore is what you promote, whats that one saying, all evil needs to succeed if is for men to do nothing.

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

#25070306 - 03/17/18 07:33 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Thinking like that will only cause cognitive dissonance. The world is going to hell in a handbasket, and aint shit I can do gonna change it.

True change starts from within.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Just thought if something fucking crazy [Re: LemurLemur] * 5
    #25070311 - 03/17/18 07:35 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

LemurLemur said:
Cops and other people in sensitive positions of work have to take a psychological evaluation

And yet there seems to be no shortage of cops with psychological problems anyway. Maybe it's not that effective.

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: Just thought if something fucking crazy [Re: psi]
    #25070314 - 03/17/18 07:37 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

having the power over someones freedom imagine that

so many factors go into play

a judge could let someone off easier just because they were pretty

the judge in my town is in aa

meaning there might have been a time when he was a judge getting shitfaced

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

#25070335 - 03/17/18 07:53 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

It all starts whith the first step, Rome didnt fall in a day.
Our enemy, the enemy of humanity is a very powerful dug in foe but men have brought down giant an ferocious beasts with sticks, stones and a plan. Several thousand men held back millions without losing one man on some days.

You know are absolutely fuck'n right about that, i dont think they use very good psychologist or testing and its all frat house mentality.

They dont take that power seriouly ive seen them laugh an smile in pretrial. That shit sickens me to my core that they do it first of all and the judge doesnt get on em for misconduct, like ga damn a mans life is on the line an you do not know if they did it for a fact unless its a redhanded case.

--------------------

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

#25070364 - 03/17/18 08:06 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Bruh those tests don’t stop psychopaths from becoming cops so why would they stop judges etc if that was implemented.  You know the other day I wanted to throw up on this guys fuckin face. He was a security officer at a social security office and he looks over at me and sees my shaved head and asks what branch of the military I’m in (LOL).  Told em I was just trying to look nice he asks about me we talk a little bit and he starts suggesting a career in homeland security and tells me how he was in the Air Force and knows all these guys making bank doing homeland security work. We got to the subject of cops and I told him I think the cops around the area are agressive assholes and told stories of how they have screwed me doing borderline illegal shit to which he agrees and calls them cocky pricks and all this, then at the end of the convo he’s like “just follow that plan and get yourself on the other side and you’ll become one of them and be untouchable, hahahahaha”   

Never once expressed any care for actually protecting anyone. He made fun of people who do anything but what he does and only cared about how much money there was in working for these govt agencies.  Thats the definition of a psychopath.  No regard for actual reality or being a decent human being. Just a judgmental brainwashed bread chaser.  But in today’s world. People need that dollar and the dollar rules so I can understand why he thinks all that is fine and dandy, after all from childhood we are taught that police and military men are the most decent people on earth.

Invisiblekeyohnah
the proverbial mind spread
Female

Re: Just thought if something fucking crazy [Re: thelanzii]
    #25070382 - 03/17/18 08:14 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

The judge from where I grew up had a daughter who died of a heroin overdose so he's much quicker to send women to jail and let them sit there. Men will go home on the same charge, same record as a woman who gets remanded.

It's in the human condition to be biased though. In those positions, it's important to act without bias but I'm certainly not surprised that they do.

Also, like psi stated, those evals are obviously garbage anyway.

--------------------
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story."

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Re: Just thought if something fucking crazy [Re: keyohnah]
    #25070405 - 03/17/18 08:25 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Tf you from lmao we have a judge with the exact same issue, they called em hang em hi hayse. They eventually pushed him to retire cause he was to cruel even by theyre standards.

It kills me they dont know the value of life or time. Jesus Christ i seen them let a baby fucker go with only 1 year prison an a lil probation.

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just thought if something fucking crazy [Re: LemurLemur] * 1
    #25070415 - 03/17/18 08:26 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

The psych tests for these people likely tests FOR authoritarian tendencies.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Just thought if something fucking crazy [Re: NOUS333]
    #25070432 - 03/17/18 08:32 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Trying to at least not hire stupid and uneducated cops seems more achievable. The requirements for being a lawyer already select for people with better-than-average reasoning skills I think.

Probably a lot of these psych evaluations can be gamed, telling the interviewer what they want to hear or whatever. They probably do filter out some bad candidates with it though.

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
    #25070482 - 03/17/18 09:04 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

anyone who would willingly pursue becoming a judge has mental issues for sure. outside of clear cut issues who would want to decide someones imprisonment? not to mention the history of racial discrepancies and entire communities becoming a farm for the prison industry while white collar criminals just pay their fine and move along. it pays to be rich.

--------------------

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: Just thought if something fucking crazy [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #25070530 - 03/17/18 09:28 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

ReposadoXochipilli said:
anyone who would willingly pursue becoming a judge has mental issues for sure.

QFT. Add to that politician or policeman.

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: Just thought if something fucking crazy [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25070637 - 03/17/18 10:25 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

I believe its possible to be ethical in these positions. 

People fulfill their greed for power through their careers in some cases. 

I had a white professor who was a solid 5 foot nothing say n*gger in front of class one time, somewhat out of context and totally unnecessary to be said.  He was previously a race lawyer, who was racist. 

I have looked briefly into the American prison system and we have an extremely high amount of prisoners/total population relative to other countries. 

Some prisons force work.

Some prisoners are wrongfully incriminated solely because of their race/genetics. 

People in professions like a judge or a cop can impose their power on another human being. 

just some thoughts on the topic

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
    #25070981 - 03/17/18 01:42 PM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

psi said:
Quote:

LemurLemur said:
Cops and other people in sensitive positions of work have to take a psychological evaluation

And yet there seems to be no shortage of cops with psychological problems anyway. Maybe it's not that effective.

or maybe it's super-effective...

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Invisibleunam sanctum
 User Gallery

Re: Just thought if something fucking crazy [Re: ballsalsa] * 2
    #25070990 - 03/17/18 01:45 PM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
Quote:

psi said:
Quote:

LemurLemur said:

or maybe it's super-effective...

just like barring those with high IQs

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
    #25070991 - 03/17/18 01:45 PM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

psi said:
Trying to at least not hire stupid and uneducated cops seems more achievable.

That isn't how it works though.
Quote:

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

“This kind of puts an official face on discrimination in America against people of a certain class,” Jordan said today from his Waterford home. “I maintain you have no more control over your basic intelligence than your eye color or your gender or anything else.”

He said he does not plan to take any further legal action.

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Invisiblekeyohnah
the proverbial mind spread
Female

Re: Just thought if something fucking crazy [Re: unam sanctum]
    #25071001 - 03/17/18 01:48 PM (6 years, 13 days ago)

which is one of the craziest things i've ever heard.

--------------------
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story."

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Re: Just thought if something fucking crazy [Re: unam sanctum]
    #25071227 - 03/17/18 03:15 PM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Oh my fucking shit im saving that link when i gotta shut down a cop dooown, like no shit have it written on a lil slip off paper kept in my wallet.

Good read mane :vibin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom