Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

casing mold: what am i doing wrong?
    #2505731 - 04/01/04 01:32 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i've had a problem lately with my casings getting hit by cobweb or aspergillus before they have a chance to colonize.

i really don't know what the problem could be. i was making casings all summer and never had this problem, and for the past few months i've been getting mold.

the only thing i've been doing different lately is using straw as a substrate, whereas before i had been using horse manure or birdseed. i don't see how this could be the problem, but maybe somehow it is.

typically, i make a mix of coir, verm, and oyster shell, which i then pasteurize and apply. the casing layer is colonized in the dark with no air exchange.

in my recent grows, the casing run has been a time where everytime i go to look at my project, i cringe, and very often my fears are confirmed when i see grayish or greenish nastiness on the casing.

help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
Re: casing mold: what am i doing wrong? [Re: ]
    #2505806 - 04/01/04 02:02 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

everything sounds fine, and im with you, i dont feel the straw could be the problem, but i guess thats for someone else to answer.

actually i doubt i can help much, but an outbreak that you're talking about makes me think its in your house, dirty air filter, no hepa running, or dirty bins in unobvious places. something like one of those suggestions. do you have a terrarium? if so, have you ever cleaned it or sterilized it between uses? i could be clutching at straws here (no pun intended), but maybe the region your in is having a high pollen/mold count this year, not sure of the natural occurances of cobweb of aspergillus, but surely they exist out there too, and if the area is high in those spores, so is your house, and thus your casings.

shrugs, wish i knew =/

-jb

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags