Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAstark
Stranger
Just had a horrible time because of trazadone (and shrooms)
    #25035006 - 03/02/18 11:57 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Cutionary tale, DON'T TAKE TRAZADONE WITH SHROOMS.

TL;DR at the end.

Note: My experience doesn't speak for everyone.  But mine was just awful enough to warrant me to feel like speaking up about trazadone.

I've tried searching these forums for trazadone and mostly see people asking about it.  So here is my (fucking awful) experience with trazadone and shrooms that hopefully some of the curious might find.  The experience inspired me enough to make an account and post about it, rather than silently lurk on this sight annonymously.  Sad that this is my first official trip report... Here's the story:

I've been planning this mushroom trip for a while.  I haven't tripped in about 2 weeks, so my tolerance is down.  My friend has a nice place to trip at.  All was going well this day, and it seemed I was headed for a really nice trip.  The weather was nice, I was in a good mood.  Everything checked out.

A little bit of a preface so you understand why I took trazadone without researching:  I quit drinking a while back, and the only time I will partake is only a small amount before I do shrooms.  The only reason for this is to take a little bit of the edge off of the come up.  The batch I have now seems to have a slightly uncomfortable come up period for the initial hour.  2 drinks seems to take care of it like nothing else will, so it's become a small ritual before I trip.  This led to a conversation with my friend, who is prescribed trazadone.

He asked  me why I only drink before taking shrooms, so I explained the reasoning.  While I'm drinking these drinks, my friend hands me a piece of a pill, and tells me it's "for nerves" and should help with the come up anxiety.  It was 1/4th of a pill, and told me he takes a full pill as medicine, so it's not bad.  Seemed harmless enough at the time, and I trust my good friend, so I took it without much thought.

A strong, uncomfortable body high set in about 30 minutes after ingesting the shrooms (~2.5g).  I figured it's just the come up, even if it felt kind of off.  An hour goes by and the uncomfortable body high is still in full effect, but the trip never kicks in.  Now I realize something is wrong.  I don't feel bad, just really body high.  Absolutely NO mind-fuck, warm feeling, or uncontrollable giggles (which are typical for me with this batch and dose).

By this point I've completely forgotten about the pill I took and keep trying to rationalize why I'm not tripping.  I start talking with my friend (who doesn't do shrooms) and tell him that I'm definitely high, but not tripping, and I'm confused.  He then brings up the pill, thinking it should have helped.  That's when I realize the pill might have ruined the trip, because I've read certain medications can fuck with a shroom trip.  I ask him what the name of the pill was.  "Trazadone" he says, and I google it.  After reading results on Google, I realize I'm fucked out of a trip, as it is known as a "trip abortion" pill. 

Shucks.  No trip today, and now I have to wait at least another week (shrooms are hard to find here so I'm not wasting any with a double dose the next day for a proper trip) for a real experience.  Sounds like I didn't really have much to worry about. 

WRONG.  More symptoms slowly started creeping up as the hours passed.  First was awful nausea about 3 hours afterwards (not typical with these shrooms, always happens in the firsr hour, and not enough to puke).  I vomit painfully into a toilet, and wonder WTF, this isn't right.  Then, a really bad "come down" started happening.  Trazadone is supposed to be an antidepressant, but a horrible depression set in on me, along with a really terrible feeling of loneliness.  I also felt tired (turns out it's a sedative, too), but never tired enough to fall asleep.  This was a horrible state to be in; Sad, lonely, sick, and drowzy.  My friend took the rest of the pill, and he knocks out, leaving me to fend for myself. 

So now I'm an emtional trainwreck with absolutely no one to talk to.  It's hours after the shrooms have passed, and I didn't know when the sadness, lethargy, and sickness would go away.  So far this is the worst experience with shrooms I've had, and felt compelled to write this cautionary tale to warn those who are thinking about trazadone.  My advice: don't fuck with it.

Thankfully it did pass, later on that evening.  I would guess about 9-10 hours after taking the dose.  Even then there was slight nausea, but the negative emotions seemed to be mostly gone.

TL;DR:  Was given a small dose of trazadone before trip.  Trazadone prevents trip from ever happening. Crippling nausea, depression, loneliness, and drowsiness set in and persist long after a typical trip would have ended (9-10 hours later).  THIS IS A CAUTIONARY TALE, DO NOT TAKE TRAZADONE.

Edited by Astark (03/03/18 10:25 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlined34d
Stranger

Re: Just had a horrible time because of trazadone (and shrooms) [Re: Astark]
    #25035106 - 03/03/18 02:57 AM (6 years, 27 days ago)

You'd be better of with low dose Diazepam or Xanax.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trazodone
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serotonin_antagonist_and_reuptake_inhibitor

This thing called Trazodone don't look any good.

Never dose unknown chemicals without researching them first.

OfflineAstark
Stranger
Re: Just had a horrible time because of trazadone (and shrooms) [Re: d34d]
    #25035118 - 03/03/18 03:13 AM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

d34d said:
You'd be better of with low dose Diazepam or Xanax.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trazodone
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serotonin_antagonist_and_reuptake_inhibitor

This thing called Trazodone don't look any good.

Never dose unknown chemicals without researching them first.

Ironically this same well-meaning advice is what got me to take the trazadone in the first place.  Until the end, that is, where you recommend research, which was the entire point of my post. Although reading those links, I still would have had no idea how that info would pertain to a mushroom trip.  It's also a question I keep seeing because the information is difficult to find, one of the reasons for posting the story.

Never tried Diezepam, and I'm not a fan of Xanax.  I wouldn't recommend any sort of medication to go along with shrooms, especially after my experience.  I had never tried something like that, and haphazardly took it out of a blind trust in my friend.  This obviously didn't fly and a lesson was to be learned, and I don't think "try a different pill" was that lesson.

If you feel you need medication to accompany a trip, then tripping probably isn't a good idea in the first place.

Edited by Astark (03/03/18 03:18 AM)

OfflineDagnet
Seeker
 User Gallery

Re: Just had a horrible time because of trazadone (and shrooms) [Re: Astark]
    #25035496 - 03/03/18 08:38 AM (6 years, 26 days ago)

Trazodone is a 5HT2a antagonist so that is why you weren't tripping. Then again psilocin is still an agonist at other serotonergic receptors which probably still leads to significant mood altering effects. You reported feeling bad for like 10 hours, this is probably the result of the trazadone (longer biological half life). There could also be some sort of drug interaction between psilocin and trazadone due to them working on the same types of receptors, leading to negative effects.

--------------------
"Thoughts without intuitions are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind." - Kant

OfflineAstark
Stranger
Re: Just had a horrible time because of trazadone (and shrooms) [Re: Dagnet]
    #25035674 - 03/03/18 10:21 AM (6 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Dagnet said:
Trazodone is a 5HT2a antagonist so that is why you weren't tripping. Then again psilocin is still an agonist at other serotonergic receptors which probably still leads to significant mood altering effects. You reported feeling bad for like 10 hours, this is probably the result of the trazadone (longer biological half life). There could also be some sort of drug interaction between psilocin and trazadone due to them working on the same types of receptors, leading to negative effects.

Oh yes, it is definitely the Trazadone without question.

I'm not asking if it was the Trazadone, as there is no confusion of which substance caused what... this is a cautionary tale, because I've seen people asking about Trazadone (recently and throughout the years) on these forums and no one seems to say "DON'T FUCKING DO IT".  That's what this story is here for, so maybe people can find it if they are entertaining the idea of using Trazadone.  You're better off just having a "bad trip".

But thanks for the input, it further justifies staying away from Trazadone.  I should probably update the "TL;DR" as admittedly the actual post might be a bit much to read.  The rest can be for anyone who enjoys a lengthy story.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom