Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Philadelphia approves ‘supervised injection’ of heroin, other drugs amid opioid epidemic * 1
    #24941828 - 01/25/18 06:59 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Philadelphia approves ‘supervised injection’ of heroin, other drugs amid opioid epidemic
https://www.rt.com/usa/416807-philadelphia-opioid-safe-injection-sites/
Published time: 24 Jan, 2018 04:24
Edited time: 24 Jan, 2018 07:50
Get short URL
Philadelphia approves ‘supervised injection’ of heroin, other drugs amid opioid epidemic
© Andy Clark / Reuters

Officials in Philadelphia are moving to open safe-injection sites for drugs like fentanyl and heroin as the opioid crisis persists. But the state attorney general insists there's “no safe way to inject” the highly addictive drugs.

Officials in Philadelphia announced on Tuesday that they would encourage the creation of addiction engagement sites that would oversee medically-supervised consumption of drugs, WCAU reports.

Such a center is called a safe-injection site, and they are staffed with medical professionals who can immediately respond in the event of an overdose. The sites also provide critical access to clean medical supplies, such as needles, along with addiction rehabilitation services, according to WCAU.

City officials have yet to announce a framework for overseeing the program, potential locations, or a timeline for when sites could open.
Read more
© West Coast Surfer / Global Look Press Trump signs anti-fentanyl bill as Pennsylvania declares opioid ‘disaster emergency’

According to a scientific review of safe injection sites released by city officials, the sites could save between 24 and 76 lives each year, while also preventing as many as 18 cases of HIV and 213 cases of hepatitis C. Philadelphia saw more than 1,200 overdose deaths in 2017, and is now in the midst of its deadliest public health crisis in modern history, the Philly Voice reports.

Philadelphia Health Commissioner Dr Thomas Farley said the basic purpose of the sites would be speaking with drug users and offering them addiction treatment services.

Farley stated that the sites “bring people into drug treatment,” a purpose that transcends being “simply a site for supervised injection,” according to WCAU.

“Part of what we’re doing here today is publicizing this interest in the hopes that there are funders who will appear who care about saving lives and see this as an opportunity to do so,” Farley said, according to WCAU.

However, within hours of the announcement for the sites, Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro signaled a sharp rebuke of the plan.

“There is no safe way to inject heroin, fentanyl and carfentanyl,” Shapiro said on Tuesday, WCAU reports. “These are dangerous drugs with devastating consequences.”

Shapiro added that the program being proposed by city officials is not “an effective path to treatment.”

READ MORE: ‘Same big pharma that hooked people on opioids now profits again from addicts’ switch to heroin’

Tuesday's announcement by the city comes on the heels of a recommendation put forth last year by The Mayor's Task Force to Combat the Opioid Epidemic. One of 18 prevention action items included in the group’s final report was the creation of safe-injection sites.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Philadelphia approves ‘supervised injection’ of heroin, other drugs amid opioid epidemic [Re: durian_2008] * 2
    #24941834 - 01/25/18 07:00 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Most every time we see social "progress," in terms of drugs, that is formalizing the state's role as kingpin.

They don't particularly care whether it is ethical or unethical, healthy or unhealthy, so much as whether they are in control.

Right, wrong, or physically dangerous, these are not priorities.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Philadelphia approves ‘supervised injection’ of heroin, other drugs amid opioid epidemic [Re: durian_2008]
    #24941936 - 01/25/18 07:30 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:
Most every time we see social "progress," in terms of drugs, that is formalizing the state's role as kingpin.

They don't particularly care whether it is ethical or unethical, healthy or unhealthy, so much as whether they are in control.

This could be a good start at least. At the very least it can help reduce the spread of disease and OD's.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Philadelphia approves ‘supervised injection’ of heroin, other drugs amid opioid epidemic [Re: durian_2008]
    #24942177 - 01/25/18 08:55 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Fentanyl is of course what is doing it with the deaths.  Anything progressive won't pass in this great nation of ours.  God I wish I was a dreamer living in Europe where you can do things such as this.  But I am a dreamer so can not.

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Philadelphia approves ‘supervised injection’ of heroin, other drugs amid opioid epidemic [Re: musiclover420]
    #24942315 - 01/25/18 10:15 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
This could be a good start at least. At the very least it can help reduce the spread of disease and OD's.

:peace: I know, I know. Just can't wrap my head around it being illegal, while being provided, for free.

OfflineFossil_Diver
Stranger
Re: Philadelphia approves ‘supervised injection’ of heroin, other drugs amid opioid epidemic [Re: durian_2008] * 1
    #24942651 - 01/26/18 04:12 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think they provide the drugs. I think they just provide a safe setting to use them

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Philadelphia approves ‘supervised injection’ of heroin, other drugs amid opioid epidemic [Re: Fossil_Diver]
    #24942688 - 01/26/18 04:59 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

This is neccesary right now. Good job, Philly.

Anything progressive wont pass? Not neccesarily so. Maybe in some parts of the country. Every state is pretty different, and some want nothing more than to be progressive

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: Philadelphia approves ‘supervised injection’ of heroin, other drugs amid opioid epidemic [Re: Fractal420]
    #24942758 - 01/26/18 06:25 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

fentanyl is so much better than heroin, when done safely.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Philadelphia approves ‘supervised injection’ of heroin, other drugs amid opioid epidemic [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #24943119 - 01/26/18 09:49 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Too bad that unless youre buying rx fentanyl, most of these street ODs arent from pharm (even if made in china) fentanyl citrate. Usually those are lollipops (Actiq) or Duragesic patches. Likely that most powder form fent (esp that mixed with H and sold) is actually a much cheaper and more potent analog, like carfent or furanyl-f. Prolly mostly the latter on the streets these days

I would like to see some black market fent citrate. Im sure its rare as fuck. Like finding morphine sulfate from a dope dealer, probably.

PS as far as real fent citrate tho, being cut with heroin, thats been done alot in the past too. Just didnt have the nanogram-potency shit thats killing everyone. Most fent cuts are prolly small enough that a few hundred mics extra wouldnt kill someone. But with the more potent ones, def can. I just doubt theres any real fent citrate in circulation. Even back in the day, it was only the rx fent that was used by "opi enthusiasts" or whatever you wanna call em.

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Philadelphia approves ‘supervised injection’ of heroin, other drugs amid opioid epidemic [Re: durian_2008] * 1
    #24943575 - 01/26/18 01:09 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:

Why do you think this? Most of the data suggest the opposite, that safe injection sites reduce crime, disease, and perhaps help with cessation.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale