Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSillllyFressshhhh
Throwing jars into a feild of spawn.....?HELP?
    #2484596 - 03/30/04 05:52 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

I grew for the 1st time using the caterpiller kti and find the results ot be less than wanted so iw as curious could i used these jars say a good 12 from HERE:STERILISED JARS inject them with Equadorian or Z Strain spores, then throw them in a incubator until fully colonised and then somewhat throw them in a bin or somewhat of some type of spawn(what do you recomend?) and have the the colonised jars all chopped up and broken down and throw it in it and would the mycleium spread through out the whole thing? also would this work? 

As for the grow chamber for the last step i was thinking maybe i could use a bigger rubber maid bin with the same size 1 below it filled with a bit fo water and a hydrometer to keep the temp regulated. :mushroom2:

Edited by SillllyFressshhhh (03/30/04 05:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomInhaler
No, I don'tsmoke them! :P

Re: Throwing jars into a feild of spawn.....?HELP? [Re: SillllyFressshhhh]
    #2485159 - 03/30/04 08:12 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

That first sentence was the longest ive ever read. Come again ? ;P

OfflineTaoinShrrom
The Action inInaction

#2485261 - 03/30/04 08:38 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

You can use pf style cakes as spawn, there are a fair amount of grow logs and teks around here about that. Use straw, or poo or straw/poo or compost as your bulk substrate. Make sure you pasturize it. You also need to learn how to do a casing layer. I recommend you try casing just the cakes first till you learn how to get the water content right and can manage the problems that sometimes arrise with casing. You also need to work on what kind of micro enviorment you are going to keep.

OfflineSillllyFressshhhh
Re: Throwing jars into a feild of spawn.....?HELP? [Re: TaoinShrrom]
    #2486530 - 03/31/04 07:54 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

ShroomInhaler said:
That first sentence was the longest ive ever read. Come again ? ;P

Excuse me Mr ShroomInhaler :nut:

Quote:

TaoinShrrom said:
You can use pf style cakes as spawn, there are a fair amount of grow logs and teks around here about that. Use straw, or poo or straw/poo or compost as your bulk substrate. Make sure you pasturize it. You also need to learn how to do a casing layer. I recommend you try casing just the cakes first till you learn how to get the water content right and can manage the problems that sometimes arrise with casing. You also need to work on what kind of micro enviorment you are going to keep.

Well I wanted to just buy the substrate jars instead of making them, for i tried making them and just made a mess. Could i use those jars for sale above? And can you give me a link to a type of tek i just want something like the kit found here:  THE KIT I WANT TO MAKE

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

#2486719 - 03/31/04 10:05 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Was there anything about putting the jars together that we could help you with? If you just do it step by step it's not really difficult...and yes, this hobby tends to make a mess but nothing 10 minutes with a sponge and broom can't fix! We just don't like to see anyone waste their money when you get so much more satisfaction doing it yourself for cheaper, ya know?

--------------------

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

Re: Throwing jars into a feild of spawn.....?HELP? [Re: mockeylock]
    #2486723 - 03/31/04 10:07 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

But yeah, I'm sure they'll work just fine.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale