Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
The Moon
    #2474935 - 03/25/04 09:55 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Does anyone else have a belief around this very close structure to the planet earth? Does it really effect the magnetic field and cause change in tides, emotions, and even hair growth? ive been wondering this since I was a kid... so far my 'evidence'  for the moon is this: ive noticed that during the period when the moon is getting fuller, I feel an advance in conciousness, slowly building, and reaching its ultimate energy/ awareness at the full moon... and then slowly my ability to stay open minded and connected to the spiritual declines when it reaches its lowest point: the almost gone moon, and I must strive to remember all that I learned and gained in insight during the climb of the wax, and it becomes a battle as to which veiw I let control most of my 'spiritual' thoughts and actions,whether for good or for bad. Does the moon Really effect our minds gravity/awareness, and were the ancients correct in thier worship of this cosmic being? This post is best read after some  :beer:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: The Moon [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2474978 - 03/25/04 10:06 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

I think over the span of our evolution the moon has been looked at as something very grand and special. Since these ancient beliefs are so deeply imbedded in us we feel that energy when the moon is full or what have you. We are a part of nature and the moon plays a big role in nature.

For example, many flying bugs that come out at night have the instinct to follow or navigate by using the moon's light. This is why they're always buzzin around the porch light.. This just shows how deeply something like the moon can affect nature and the instincts of animals.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2474992 - 03/25/04 10:09 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Caps stand out brightly during a full moon  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2475447 - 03/25/04 11:46 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

I can say for certain that the moon does control the ocean tides, but as far as hair growth goes, I can't say that I know of any evidence that would support that claim, but then I never looked into it.

Dustin is quite right about insect navigating by moon light. Many nocternal insects are inately wire to do this. Many insects that have seasonal hatches, such as Mayfiles in the summer, typically hatch within a 10 day period around a full moon. The moon is essential in the Mayflies mating habits.

I don't know if the moon's gravity has any effect on us mentally or physically... at least I personally haven't witness any difference in myself during full moons. It's a cool thing to think about though.

By the way, any of you that heard that more people have accidents on a full moon . . . that's just a myth. It has been statistically proven that hospital emergency rooms are just as busy on non full moon nights as full moon nights. Just thought I'd throw that one out.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #2475755 - 03/26/04 02:48 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Some of the rocks found on it have dated back to before the Earth's formation and their is evidance that the moon might be hollow. Some pretty weird stuff if you ask me. Especially in a structure that pretty much controls a good part of our life.... Maybe "God" is IN THE MOON! :shocked:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2475907 - 03/26/04 05:18 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

One theory I've heard is that the moon was once part of the Earth, til probably a meteor or something broke it off and knocked it into space. :shocked:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: The Moon [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2475909 - 03/26/04 05:24 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Well I CRAZY theory I've heard is that the moon is some alien space craft watching the people of earth and if it was hollow it would make perfet sense.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/moon.html

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Moon [Re: EvilGir]
    #2475915 - 03/26/04 05:37 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Did you ever wonder why the Moon landings stopped and why we have not tried to build a Moon Base? It does seem like a better and easier idea than a floating space station with no access to any raw materials or supplies? According to the NASA Astronaut Neil Armstrong the Aliens have a base on the Moon and told us in no uncertain terms to get off and stay off the Moon!

:lol:

Bush must have a plan to eliminate those pesky aliens then if he is planning on going back to the moon. Unless he is actually in league with them! *gasps*

I always suspected that hollow tree in our grove of harboring evil gnomes because it was hollow, which means they would be capable of living in them. Maybe their is an alliance between the gnomes and the aliens! *gasps some more*

:grin: Hehe, sorry, but the idea of a hollow moon with aliens mining it seems a bit far fetched to even me... I remember reading basically the same exact story that was on that website in a copy of Weekly World News, no doubt. Then again, they did show Bill Clinton shaking hands with an alien.... it is all coming to me now! :shocked:

:grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: The Moon [Re: djd586]
    #2477040 - 03/26/04 01:08 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

yes, I wasent saying for sure I thought the moon effected hair growth, just that I had heard that thoery, and many others as well...I think humans today arent very in tune at all with the enviroment around them(some of them at least) ... I find it very intresting that old cultures based a MAJOR part of thier worship around the sun/moon, and found connections between thier spirit and outer space objects. Im trying to get to the root of what role the moon, and other planets play in the big picture, mostly because they are the closest beings in the universe to where I reside : 0 Maybe over time humans lost thier connection with the One that was so vibrant and flowing at the begining, and now we just veiw these objects as future dump sites for our shit.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #2477783 - 03/27/04 10:50 AM (20 years, 5 days ago)

They didn't have cable TV :nonono:

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2477851 - 03/27/04 11:49 AM (20 years, 5 days ago)

>Does it really effect the magnetic field and cause change in tides
-Yes. and we can predict tidal flow using the orbit of our biggest sattilite as our reference.

>emotions
-Are pretty subjective... if you will a change in emotion hard enough it is probably going to.

>hair growth?
-Your view that hair grows the fastest during a full moon isn't even the commonly accepted myth! This means you learned a peice misinformation WRONG... do a search for "hair growth moon" and you'll find tons of pages debunking the supposition that hair cut during a full moon will grow back THICKER while hair cut during the new moon phase will grow back FASTER. Nobody else seems to have this same belief as you... my advice is to trace it back as far as you can and see how you learned it.

>Does the moon Really effect our minds gravity/awareness
-The mind has gravity? I had no idea...

>and were the ancients correct in thier worship of this cosmic being?
-The moon is a giant ball of dust. It reflects light, occasionally blocking out the sun and usually has earths shadow cast upon it. I'd say it's pretty rediculous... then again, so are alot of deities.

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #2477886 - 03/27/04 12:02 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

Weekly World News is the shit! This election I'm voting for Bat Boy....

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: The Moon [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #2478514 - 03/27/04 04:40 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

I think when an individual wonders about the moon with a spiritual approach (or anything else), it influences their perspective.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Anonymous

#2478537 - 03/27/04 04:54 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

yes it does in my opion. Women used to have there menseis(pms) with the moon. Befo re the days of artaficial light the whole planet was controled by the moons/suns light cycle. Plants are also. Fishes spawning sometimes is also governed by this and so are there eating habbits. They oceans tides are also made by the moons pull. The water moves by its pull and so are we, we are mostly water.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: The Moon [Re: ]
    #2479058 - 03/27/04 07:50 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

Available light seems to be a catalyst for predation, so it would make sense that some species would develop habits around the predictable cycles of the moon. And it is true that we are mostly water... but even so, the gravity of the moon affects all of Earths mass; fluid being more noticable. I don't believe we can register the effects of the moon, for the same reason we don't notice the Coriolis Effect when we exhale smoke... it's not on a large enough scale for the small effects to be recognized.

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
    #2486682 - 03/31/04 09:42 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
One theory I've heard is that the moon was once part of the Earth, til probably a meteor or something broke it off and knocked it into space. :shocked:

Sort of, but innaccurate. They believe it could have formed out of the debris released into space resulting from a collission. The debris would have orbited the earth and gradully some drifted away, and the rest formed into the moon.

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Moon [Re: mr_kite]
    #2486784 - 03/31/04 10:42 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

mr_kite said:
Sort of, but innaccurate. They believe it could have formed out of the debris released into space resulting from a collission. The debris would have orbited the earth and gradully some drifted away, and the rest formed into the moon.

Inaccurate? There are all sorts of theories about it and that was one of them. hehe.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinemockingbird
It Goes Round And Round

Loc: 0high0 Flag
    #2487829 - 03/31/04 05:17 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

The moon it is mysterious in many ways but it is wierd how it does controole so much of our life, ocean wave, etc.  The moon if formed from earth debris after the big bang would have to gravitate to one another instead of the earth pulling it in which im surprized if it didnt beacause of the size of these debris the moon now hardly has enough mass to resist agenst the earths gravitation :wtf: the moon is a crazy thing

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2488091 - 03/31/04 07:17 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

I think that perhaps the moon was long ago trapped by the Earth's gravity when it swung too close.. from the long stream of 'moons' trailing Nibiru.

--------------------

Offlinemockingbird
It Goes Round And Round

Loc: 0high0 Flag
Re: The Moon [Re: Shroomism]
    #2488254 - 03/31/04 08:02 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

that actually is a very real possiblity i never thought of

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom