Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Synchronicity eh?
    #2466810 - 03/24/04 08:22 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Synchronicity is something which has been occuring with an increasing frequency in my life. Carl Jung defined synchronicity as a "meaningful coincidence", and that is the best description I have found so far - or at least the description which best matches my personal experience. These "meaningful coincidences" are, in my case, accompanied by a feeling of connectedness (a feeling that everything is unfolding as it should), as well as (paradoxically?) a kind of agitation. I immediately become agitated when it happens because my mind begins to wonder about the validity of the experience, and begins to freak out over the implications of it were it not just a figment of my imagination.

I know from reading the shroomery and other websites, as well as talking to my one friend who also gets it, that synchronicity is really happening all the time and to a huge spectrum of people. Quite frankly, it's beginning to annoy me. I need to get to the bottom of this thing and find out what is happening, although it seems that the mysteriousness of it all is an inherent part of the experience, and that if its inner workings were revealed it might cease to mean anything at all. Hmm. Nevertheless as a phenomenon I think it deserves recognition and I know many of you experience it so like to get a discussion going here about what synchronicity means to you and how you deal with it.

Shoot.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Synchronicity eh? [Re: Revelation]
    #2467144 - 03/24/04 10:23 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

These "meaningful coincidences" are, in my case, accompanied by a feeling of connectedness (a feeling that everything is unfolding as it should)

This has basically been my take on it for the past few years, aswell. Though, I don't usually become agitated when I notice a synchronicity or coincidence. I used to get a little excitement out of it, and still do occasionally depending on the situation, but normally I will just acknowlege it, and continue on with the feeling that I am indeed in the right place at the right time, and everything is (hopefully) going according to plan.

I really wish I had some more information about why these unique episodes keep occuring, though.

Invisiblemandroid9
Stranger

#2467515 - 03/24/04 12:04 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

I find that wondering whats going on with synchronous events somehow ruins the experience....ive learned to revel in the unfolding patterns....our lives are snowflakes.

--------------------
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Synchronicity eh? [Re: mandroid9]
    #2467589 - 03/24/04 12:27 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

what synchronisity means to me and how i deal with it... hmm.

i treat synchronisity as if when i see a synchronisity it were a reflection of my own mind trying to tell me something. i deal with it by acknowledging what i suspect the synchronisity means and then ignoring it, or if its an indicator i should follow something, look for opportunities to do so.

i am constantly immersed in synchronisity. it got annoying though like you said because my mind tends to focus on the negative, so a negative thought would trigger all these real world actions and visa versa so i try and block it out

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Re: Synchronicity eh? [Re: ekomstop]
    #2467673 - 03/24/04 01:03 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

This is a good read:

The New Maps of Hyperspace by Terence Mckenna
http://deoxy.net/t_newmap.htm

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #2467699 - 03/24/04 01:15 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

I've experienced these a lot for several years now.. In everyday life I just acknowledge them, as someone above said. However, during really stressful times where I had to make important decisions about things, I found that all of the "synchronicities" seemed to point me in the "right" direction.

In this sense they are a useful tool to help you find your way.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #2467700 - 03/24/04 01:16 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Your link did not work. :frown:

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2467885 - 03/24/04 02:31 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Here's one from my life:

Two days ago I was starting a training log to keep track of my running, weight lifting, and diet. In the diet section, I wrote down "Too much pizza." Like ten minutes later, I was watching some Christian program and they said "Too much pizza." Whoa!

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2467909 - 03/24/04 02:37 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

I couldn't access the link, either..  :frown:

Just a test to see if this works:  http://www.deoxy.org/t_newmap.htm

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by ekomstop (03/24/04 02:40 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2467972 - 03/24/04 03:00 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

As the only "measurement" of synchronicity is the it mind of the beholder, these same ideas and feelings would exist regardless of whether or not there were any mystical connection.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Synchronicity eh? [Re: mandroid9]
    #2468101 - 03/24/04 03:33 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

I find that wondering whats going on with synchronous events somehow ruins the experience...

True enough for the mystically inclined. The "mystery" is purely in how the brain is "wired". We are "designed" to quickly and instantaneously interpolate data and to recognize patterns. This is for making quick survival decisions even though we rarely use it in that capacity.

One could hear a few seconds of a song in a noisey backround and instantly identify the titale and artist. The best computer in the world might take years to accomplish the same task.

Everyday we are bombarded with literally hundreds millions of facts and data inputs and the brain is constantly seeking to match those with stored data inputs (memories). The law of large numbers offers numerous ways to match up this data EVEN IF there is no relationship.

Simple example: a radio station with 200,000 listeners plays a song. Some of those listeners will associate something they were just thinking with some memories of the seeing the artist in concert or the title or the lyrics as if the DJ somehow specifically played it for them. This is an illusion.

--------------------

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Synchronicity eh? [Re: Swami]
    #2468334 - 03/24/04 04:57 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

>Simple example: a radio station with 200,000 listeners plays a song. Some of those listeners will associate something they were just thinking with some memories of the seeing the artist in concert or the title or the lyrics as if the DJ somehow specifically played it for them. This is an illusion

Psychologicaly you would just be projecting your own feeling and ideas onto the event that has just took place, not forgetting statistics and probability to take into account.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Synchronicity eh? [Re: EvilGir]
    #2468364 - 03/24/04 05:05 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Psychologicaly you would just be projecting your own feeling and ideas onto the event that has just took place...

That is the sum total of synchronicity. Mystery solved. Next topic.

--------------------

Invisiblemandroid9
Stranger

#2468636 - 03/24/04 06:43 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Psychological, biological or mystical interpretations of synchronicity can never provide the experiencer with the wonder & mystery that the experience itself does....the brain doesnt have any wires btw. But i agree with you that it was designed...do you know who the designer is?

--------------------
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

#2472230 - 03/25/04 05:19 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Kind of reductionist don't you think?

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #2472248 - 03/25/04 05:56 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Simple example: a radio station with 200,000 listeners plays a song. Some of those listeners will associate something they were just thinking with some memories of the seeing the artist in concert or the title or the lyrics as if the DJ somehow specifically played it for them. This is an illusion.

How do you know that through some quantum connection the person wasnt unconciously aware that the song would be played which stimulated the thoughts and laid the grounds for the synchronicity to emerge upon hearing the song?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Synchronicity eh? [Re: GazzBut]
    #2472465 - 03/25/04 08:42 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

> How do you know that through some quantum connection the person wasnt unconciously aware that the song would be played which stimulated the thoughts and laid the grounds for the synchronicity to emerge upon hearing the song?

Well you kinda of answered your own question, which simply has to do with quantom uncertanty. This simply predicts that the future cannot be predicted because when you view it the future changes. You can only predicted the probability of an event happening.

But as I said in the above post its all to do with projecting your own values on the event. If you tryed to objectivly see an event then the your ideas would probably fail.

Its llke if you where undecided to spend the last of your money on some herb and it was buging you all day.  You decided to watch some tv and swithched it on then suddenly you heard the word  just do go on do it.

Now this dosent mean the tv is speaking to you even though it may influence your decesion. All it does mean is that you projected your feeling wether to buy herb or not onto a randomly chosen tv station. Even though thoes words would of come out nomatter what you where gona do.

I think this forms the same bases on looking at clouds, which are just random shapes in the sky that dont realy look like anything except clouds. One person might say wow it looks like an angel the other might say it looks like a clown.
But any sane person would say wow its a cloud.

I think stuff like this is just another illusion, just try to stayt awake. :wink:

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Edited by jezu (03/25/04 08:43 AM)

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Re: Synchronicity eh? [Re: EvilGir]
    #2472558 - 03/25/04 09:33 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

There also seems to be some weird correlation between *tripping* and synchronicity. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Food for thought 1,2

--------------------

Invisiblemandroid9
Stranger

#2472737 - 03/25/04 11:00 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

If we stick to analogies about banal happenings with radio stations etc, it kinda reduces the overall calibre of the these experiences, til it eventually becomes"just the mechanical ticking over of the pre-programmed mind" or whatever. Say for example, we are a spiritually motivated person, hungry for knowledge, grounded, scientific yet aspiring to know the actual truth about the happenings in life....wouldnt then the calibre of these synchronicities RISE to that level?
If we are indeed projecting onto these events (like i believe we are anyway) isnt it more that there is a reciprocation or communication going on with our environment?
What im saying is, that higher the intellect, the better the cause, then the greater the effect with lifes synchronicities. If we learn then to read the "signs" all the while realising & knowing there is a MOTIVATING logic to it all, sanity will always accommpany your aspirations.
I think that synchronous events while tripping occurr at a much more accelerated level .

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #2473421 - 03/25/04 03:13 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Yeah, I've noticed that. I think its probably...

1. The over active imagination
2. Psychic yet unknown connection to events

At times sync can make you laugh and think 'are gods playing chess with my life'!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder