Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetombosley8
Full on... Bossley Baggins
 User Gallery

Baggin with Bosley * 7
    #24620024 - 09/11/17 07:42 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

about 3 days after innoculating with 1/2 cake on the left and 1/3 cake on the right.:

TOC:

LGT:

?:

This is the tek

MudaFuka's Bottle tek

I use the coir recipe except I go slightly dry and use bags instead of bottles.

Slightly dry because I noc them with brf cakes slurried. The better ones colonize in 5 days. The slower ones a few days behind, Crazy stuff.

Idk about bags in pcs but they work amazing in sterilizers. Mine fit 9 at a time "ham crammed"!

And for me using straight coir casing instead of the verm as the tek calls for is proving to be better for the bags.

Also this variety (LGT) seems to be loving it more than most.

Bag grows can be a lot more work than spawning to bulk but they are very resilient and reliable.

I am using cultures that are nearly too bacterial to be worth it at all to spawn normally.

They still work for me in the bags as I use brf cakes and slurry them with a sterilized oster blender attatched to a jar. For whatever reason, mainly because it's not exposed to open air contams, the bags and the cakes are a great combo.

You ultimately should be focusing on getting clean spawn because all this can easily distract you from that. It works but is a lot of work too.

Dialing in took me a bit and I was already slightly experienced with regular monos and also the bottles as the tek describes. Maybe start with some of those and see what you can do.... except my bottles side by side with bags are puny.

I like pasty micropore monotubs for fruiting chambers. 4 bags fit perfect per 66 qt tub. I found making my holes larger than party's tek and leaving the top holes half open from day 1 makes this set and forget. Although once the pinset is in and about an inch or so opening both top completely and even a bottom helps them get really meaty.

And I Give the casing a very heavy mist when I apply it even letting some dribble down onto the sub and then no misting from there on. I found If I have to mist later it's already too dry and the pinset will be crap. Instead I aim for as much fae from day 1 as possible without drying out the surface too much. I just rely on dialing the tub. Evertime I mist I fuck things up. I keep a top hole fully open from day 1 with 4 bags per tub it seems to be about perfect. sometimes more and sometimes less is required. I just adjust my mocropore tape according to the surface conditions.

I did find That they like that ultimate sweet spot where they get as much evaporation off the sub without drying out and then they go off. But It takes getting used to and I went through quite a few good bags with the wrong conditions to find out and still every bag isn't like the one you saw in the pic. but I'm narrowing certain variables to be getting things more consistent.

please ask whatever i'm missing as it's hard to explain.

Again I want to say This works for me and my conditions environment and I have no idea how it'll work for yours.

I do really like the bags if you have a sterilizer. IDK how to make them work in a pc but some people do (I think?)

The cakes are either nocced with blended agar or lc about 20ccs each. I just free pour. They colonize super fast that way as long as you make them dryer in the first place.

Soaking for a second flush:
I soak them fully submerged for up to 12 hours, depending how dry the block is, in a 5 gal bucket.

3 fit perfectly per bucket weighted down with a couple gallon water bottles.

I've tried misting in between flushes but they just lose too much water in the first flush. I even sometimes have to bottom water during the first flush to get full fruit formation on those heavy pinsets.

I haven't pushed it for a third flush for a while as I had almost everyone I tried go moldy during the third flush.

I think I will lower the nutes next batch to see if that may help but 2 flushes is good for me with those kind of numbers.

I don't think the third flush would very much anyway after two good flushes.
Update 11/5: I have officially nocced up the low nute recipe of coir and grain and will be testing different ratios of grain to coir.
Here is the results after 3 days

Bag on the right got only 1/3 cake
So this is just a rough draft but thought everyone could use a reference to the bags I've been and will be putting out.

Not just a log but an overall information base on using bags in this style of growing.

I'll be back with pics and more as I'm working on some clone transfers atm.

Thanks shroomery be on the lookout for some special giveaways in the near future

Edit: please checkout the ham cram below

Edited by tombosley8 (11/08/17 08:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScalerunner
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Baggin with Bosley [Re: tombosley8]
    #24620114 - 09/11/17 08:34 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

looks pretty! :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Baggin with Bosley [Re: Scalerunner]
    #24620290 - 09/11/17 09:48 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Hi tom.  The "cram" isn't anything new.  That's how cramming bags into your sterilizer, or PC is done though.  I do like the term "hamcram", however.

Quote:

hamloaf said:

Place the first bag in and cram it against the wall until the back of the bag is butted up, and as conformed to the shape of the vessel.

I like to place the ends of the bags all facing each other facing towards the center of the pot.  Place the next bag in, then cram the two bags together, and butt them up against the wall of the vessel until they both conform to the shape of the vessel. 

The third bag goes in the remaining space in the same fashion as the two previous bags.

Once the tier of bags is built, make sure and push down, and tuck in the corners of the bags in between the bags, and the pot.

Then go on to build the next tier.  The next tier is built in the same fashion as the first.  I like to build the second tier by placing the bag that goes on the top tier centered over the space between the bags of the bottom tier. 

Tuck all the corners in.

Only two more bags will fit in the top tier of the AAx75.  I can get 3 bags on the third tier with my AA941, but that's another post/thread/story.  They can be placed across from each other, and gently flattened out.

Tuck the corners in, and make sure the capillary tube isn't blocked, then place the lid on.

Be very mindful that none of the plastic gets sealed in, in between the aluminum to aluminum seal of the AA, or the seal will be broken, steam will escape there, and the sterilizer will not build pressure, fully.  You'll have to kill the machine, and wait for the pressure that was built up to escape, and handle the device piping hot, or wait for it to cool, depending on scheduling.  I opt to handle the device piping hot when this occurs (nobody is perfect), but I have a pair of heat resistant rubber gloves I use to handle all the hot stuff with in this hobby.  May seem a little complicated at first, but it's easy, and once you do it a few times you'll be able to do it with your eyes closed.

Nice write up, brother.  :super:

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Offlinetombosley8
 User Gallery

Re: Baggin with Bosley [Re: hamloaf]
    #24627602 - 09/13/17 10:25 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks Ham!

OP updated with pics!

and more to come very soon.

--------------------

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
    #24627606 - 09/13/17 10:28 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

:neat: :casket::splooge: :vibin:

Nice work man. Those pinsets/flushes are the bomb. The cracked heads mean it was a bit dry. But Nice dood. nice.

:fuckinawesome:

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

OfflineLobi
Bushido
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Baggin with Bosley [Re: Ziran]
    #24627636 - 09/13/17 10:46 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks again OP and thanks again again Muda and others  :cheers:

--------------------
The bonds and ties of the life we know break easily. But through eternity one bond remains; the bond of fellowship.
The fellowship of atoms,
of star dust in its endless flight, of suns and worlds,  of gods and men.
The clasped hands of comradeship unite in a bond eternal; the fellowship of spirit.

:mushroom2:My High Quality Lo-Fi Beats  -:mushroom2:MushroomCultivation Compendium  -:mushroom2:- Doing Bulk w/ No PC -:mushroom2:

:chillpill:more about my music :chillpill:

OfflineWeavieWonder
Time Travel Sucks
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Baggin with Bosley [Re: Lobi]
    #24627788 - 09/14/17 01:14 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

On a serious tip...nice fucking grow sir.

:snoopyes:

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Baggin with Bosley [Re: WeavieWonder]
    #24629557 - 09/14/17 05:06 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Nice growing tom! Bags used to be all the hype around 2003-2005. Yours look amazing!

:rockon:

I think you resurrected bag growing! :eek:

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Baggin with Bosley [Re: eatyualive]
    #24629599 - 09/14/17 05:15 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

If you compared the volume to monotubs. How many bags would equal one mono? And are you seeing better yield per tub your fruiting in?

Are you doing 2 bags per mono.

Great fruit for such an arid climate.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Offlinetombosley8
 User Gallery

#24630526 - 09/14/17 11:15 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I put a total volume of 4 gal sub/grain mix per 66 qt tub

But Idk how that equates to spawn and sub ratio in terms of monotubs.

A monotub with that much sub/grain would be something like 6qts spawn and 12 qts sub, right?...

So 6 qts spawn at a 1:2 ratio should get about 6-8+ ounces per flush, Right?

well not for me. I can barely push 4 out of that with my bacterial spawn and dry environment. And even that is spotty at best.

The same bacterial cultures can easily give me 4 ounces IN EACH BAG first flush. I've only been getting two flushes though and the second is slightly less but still easy to soak and flushes very fast the second time.

So each tub if done right can get 1 lb+ in the first flush and at least half in the second.

I wonder how a strong clean culture would preform in these and in comparison with traditional monotubs.

I stopped making grain spawn and all my spawn is brf cakes. So far so awesome!

--------------------

Edited by tombosley8 (09/15/17 02:03 AM)

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Baggin with Bosley [Re: tombosley8] * 2
    #24630908 - 09/15/17 05:32 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Bosley Bags.
Baggin' Bosley.
Bosley Baggins.
:smile2:

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Baggin with Bosley [Re: hamloaf]
    #24632227 - 09/15/17 02:08 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

tom,

do you simply mist those bags or are you submerging the block between flushes. ever thought about that with the dry environment?

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Offlinetombosley8
 User Gallery

#24632714 - 09/15/17 04:35 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I soak them fully submerged for up to 12 hours, depending how dry the block is, in a 5 gal bucket.

3 fit perfectly per bucket weighted down with a couple gallon water bottles.

I've tried misting but they just lose too much water in the first flush. I even sometimes have to bottom water during the first flush to get full fruit formation on those heavy pinsets.

I haven't pushed it for a third flush for a while as I had almost everyone I tried go moldy during the third flush.

I think I will lower the nutes next batch to see if that may help but 2 flushes is good for me with those kind of numbers.

I don't think the third flush would very much anyway after two good flushes.

Thanks everyone again and I will have a giveaway up tomorrow for sure to celebrate.:hatsoff:

--------------------

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shakedown St.
Trusted Cultivator
    #24632800 - 09/15/17 04:51 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

:rockon:

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Baggin with Bosley [Re: LotKid] * 1
    #24632827 - 09/15/17 04:58 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

thanks!

and Baggin with BOSSley!

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

#24632856 - 09/15/17 05:06 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Breathing
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Baggin with Bosley [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #24632956 - 09/15/17 05:30 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

:takingnotes::popcorn::cheers:

--------------------

Wearing a mask is bad for my physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
Complying = Consent
Wide Mouth 1/2 Pint No-Pour TEK
TC Teks & Links

OfflineLobi
Bushido
 User Gallery

Re: Baggin with Bosley [Re: Just_A_Noob]
    #24633102 - 09/15/17 05:53 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Lobi said:
I feel slightly odd asking this but can  you prep Mudas bottle  recipe  and fill growbags instead?

Straw based bottles

Recipe for 10 quart bottles:

4 quarts of slightly packed shredded straw.

2.5 quarts of whole oats.

2 pints of wheat bran

1.5 pints of brown rice flour

1/2 pint of coffee

1 random ass small handful of gypsum.

Asked this in amu 6 months ago.  Still haven't gotten around to doing it until recently.  Thanks for posting such inspiring results, I can't wait to do it with coir.

--------------------
The bonds and ties of the life we know break easily. But through eternity one bond remains; the bond of fellowship.
The fellowship of atoms,
The clasped hands of comradeship unite in a bond eternal; the fellowship of spirit.

:mushroom2:My High Quality Lo-Fi Beats  -:mushroom2:MushroomCultivation Compendium  -:mushroom2:- Doing Bulk w/ No PC -:mushroom2:

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Re: Baggin with Bosley [Re: Lobi]
    #24633494 - 09/15/17 07:23 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

is that 2.5 qt of hydrated or unhydrated oats??

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

OfflineLobi
Bushido
 User Gallery

Re: Baggin with Bosley [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #24633514 - 09/15/17 07:29 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Unhydrated.  Dry weight for everything. 

Check my last thread for a solid coir recipe by weight for these.

--------------------
The fellowship of atoms,

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix