Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLeigh
adderall lover

Using a heating pad as part of an incubator???
    #2460440 - 03/22/04 02:11 PM (20 years, 11 days ago)

Hi, I just started a batch of jars lastnight and inoculated them this morning. I was wondering if there was a way to build a incubator with the use of a heating pad until pay day comes. The temperature in my house flucuates a lot. I live in Texas and its pretty warm during the day but gets chilly at night.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Loc: HellTrack
Re: Using a heating pad as part of an incubator??? [Re: Leigh]
    #2460493 - 03/22/04 02:29 PM (20 years, 11 days ago)

wll heres what i did.It worked fine but then I made a tub in tub.it did work though.It should be fine untill payday.
This is from an old post i made:
hey man heres what i do it works ok,sure a tub in tub would work better,but i dont have one so like you said this is better than nothing,and this keeps it a pretty constant temp.

Im cheap and poor,so all i did for my incubator was get a box that is big enough to hold all my jars with about an inch of clearnce around the edges.I took a piece of styrofoam about 2 inches thick that i got out of a old broken styrofoam cooler and i poked holesabout an inch in diameter all over the styrofoam.I put it in the bottom and put the jars on top,then i cut another piece of foam without holes and place it on top.Then just poke a meat thermometer through the top and close the lid,(i then cover with a towl but you dont have to).I placed the hole thing on a heating pad set on meduim and thats it.The strofoam that comes in contact with the bottom of the jars doesnt heat up at all because its so thick,but the heat comes through the holes and the top foam hold it in.Withe the heatpad on meduim,the thermometer reads 83 degrees all the time.I also put 2 small vent holes in the top of the sides of the box that let out the heat so it doesnt get too hot..Dont get me wrong im a newbie and its only been being used for about 16 days now,but so far so good .

OfflineLeigh
adderall lover

Re: Using a heating pad as part of an incubator??? [Re: snatchcakes]
    #2460956 - 03/22/04 04:23 PM (20 years, 11 days ago)

Thanks, thats a great idea. Going to work on it now!

I just started this batch yesterday and inoculated them lastnight at like 3am and already looks like myc is starting to form (B+ strain)so Im really excited about this.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #2461406 - 03/22/04 07:13 PM (20 years, 11 days ago)

A heating pad can be a fire hazard.
I live on the coast.
It would probbly be cool to run it through the night, just don't leave it on 24 hours at a time.
I have a tub in tub>
A "Won Pro Heat IC Aquarium Heater" got on E-Bay.
with this set up the temperature control sets in with the jars.
You only need about 50 watts.
Just my 2cents
Good Luck on the B+

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlinewicish1
Mr. Myco Moron

Loc: Shithole, USA
    #2461450 - 03/22/04 07:28 PM (20 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Leigh said:
I just started this batch yesterday and inoculated them lastnight at like 3am and already looks like myc is starting to form 

That's not even 24 hours, seems a little fast to see signs of growth!  Especialy if you used spores, IMO. :rolleyes:

--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags