Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblejustmethebeast
BloomTheShroom
DXM? Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide/Polystirex?
    #24517929 - 07/30/17 11:20 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Is there anyone off here, after realizing they attain the ability to procure mushrooms if and when wanted.. is there anyone who enjoys these trips or indulging in this?

I have to admit. I was young and dumb and used more than I should of, extracting the Polystirex from Delsym as well as just getting cold pills for the Hydrobromide version.

Now that I'm pretty much head to heels in mushrooms, I honestly get sick of even the thought of another drop of the stuff. I used to love it, thought it was self healing and taught me things about myself, yet when I entered the mushroom world, I realized that was a fake belief of what I wanted to think it was like. Truth is I was just in a different world watching myself act in real life. Lol. Just odd shit.

Anyways.. Anyone who's kinda went that similar route, do they feel the need or want to even ingest this anymore?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebreeg89
i'll tell ya hwhat

Loc: mass
Re: DXM? Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide/Polystirex? [Re: justmethebeast]
    #24517932 - 07/30/17 11:23 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I probably won't ever do DXM again, but I did it twice back in college. Gotta admit that it was fun. Shrooms are safer for the ol noggin though.

Invisiblejustmethebeast
BloomTheShroom
Re: DXM? Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide/Polystirex? [Re: breeg89]
    #24517943 - 07/30/17 11:31 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

breeg89 said:
I probably won't ever do DXM again, but I did it twice back in college. Gotta admit that it was fun. Shrooms are safer for the ol noggin though.

My first time was in Job Corps. I ingested my 300mg dose and when it kicked in. I was blasted. I had only smoked weed beforehand. I walked out into the evening air, around 7, it was raining, everyone on campus knew I was on something. I couldn't stop smiling and saying hey to everyone, every drop of rain was magical on my body. Idk how the counselors didn't notice during dayroom. Lol.

I just get sick of the thought of even trying it now.

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24519272 - 07/30/17 09:37 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

justmethebeast said:
Is there anyone off here, after realizing they attain the ability to procure mushrooms if and when wanted.. is there anyone who enjoys these trips or indulging in this? ....
Anyways.. Anyone who's kinda went that similar route, do they feel the need or want to even ingest this anymore?

DXM is a different class of drug from hallucinogens. DXM is a Dissociative anesthetic, more like ketamine and PCP. What they do  to the brain is a mystery.  Multiple receptors are effected. Long term there are sometimes effects of cognitive impairment. You only get one brain. The Bromine itself is somewhat toxic over time. Some people find it addictive like ketamine.
Indeed as you say, mushrooms seem a better choice.

Offlinepsilly the kid
Hedge wizard/ Cultist
Male

Loc: Stoprock City
Re: DXM? Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide/Polystirex? [Re: laughingdog]
    #24519297 - 07/30/17 09:50 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

i love both dxm and mushrooms at the same time the body feels are indescribable

--------------------
CA weed @ all times unless specified
currently this high
pebbles suck
its turtles all the way down

Invisiblejustmethebeast
BloomTheShroom
    #24519520 - 07/31/17 12:32 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

laughingdog said:
Quote:

justmethebeast said:
Is there anyone off here, after realizing they attain the ability to procure mushrooms if and when wanted.. is there anyone who enjoys these trips or indulging in this? ....

DXM is a different class of drug from hallucinogens. DXM is a Dissociative anesthetic, more like ketamine and PCP. What they do  to the brain is a mystery.  Multiple receptors are effected. Long term there are sometimes effects of cognitive impairment. You only get one brain. The Bromine itself is somewhat toxic over time. Some people find it addictive like ketamine.
Indeed as you say, mushrooms seem a better choice.

Mhm, totally different class of drug, dis-associative vs psychadelic.

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24519562 - 07/31/17 01:30 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

justmethebeast said:

Mhm, totally different class of drug, dis-associative vs psychadelic.

not totally different - both affect the mind and perceptions of 'reality'

as opposed to coffee nicotine and sugar for example

but as regards for example addictive properties (and more importantly potential for harm) they are very different from the hallucinogens

ketamine in particular is known to be addictive

much more info is readily available online

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: DXM? Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide/Polystirex? [Re: psilly the kid]
    #24519568 - 07/31/17 01:36 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

psilly the kid said:
i love both dxm and mushrooms at the same time the body feels are indescribable

I don't doubt it. The problem is, as many have said: "if I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself."

Old age spots on the skin come from the declining ability of the liver to detoxify the body do they not? And the brain is perhaps more vulnerable than the liver? Just perhaps something for the prudent to consider.

Offlinepsilly the kid
Hedge wizard/ Cultist
Male

Loc: Stoprock City
    #24520012 - 07/31/17 09:33 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

yeah your prolly right i should switch to rc analogs of ketamine and pcp.

--------------------
CA weed @ all times unless specified
currently this high
pebbles suck
its turtles all the way down

OfflineDeesKnots
Aspiring Mycologist
Male

Loc: Vermont Flag
Re: DXM? Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide/Polystirex? [Re: psilly the kid]
    #24520345 - 07/31/17 12:32 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Dxm has been used for years. Don't use it regularly and experience the dextroverse if you feel it to be beneficial to you. I did for a few days in quick succession when I was 16-17 and I had to stop myself, I just wanted more and I realized that des might be one of the sneakiest addictive substances I've tried... Be safe, trust your gut.

--------------------
~Imagine the Big Bang was only a neuron firing in a brain that belonged to a fly~
"All mushrooms are edible, some only once"
"I'm inhibiting the inhibitors that inhibit me!" ~Andrew
:peace:&:heart:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds