Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
taking mass casualties, what to do
    #2439711 - 03/16/04 02:24 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

my jars are currently fighting a mass contam outbreak. some look like they can win, some will for sure be lost. my question is what can i do? prob just keep them where they are and let anything that looks like it may have won sit for a while longer after it looks fully colonized to be sure and then dunk in water and peroxide. would that not kill the mold spores that might exist within and only temprarily stun the myc? can i cut out myc from jars and do agar and/or myc syringes? i know the first plate will prob contam but i can cut out the good myc from that and put it on another and so on and so forth, correct? please give me some good solutions, as many as possible, bc ive lost and am losing high percentages.

--------------------
"I didnt fight a secret war in nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom bad-mouthing lady america in your damn mirrored sunglasses."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineatomic1
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Appalachia
Re: taking mass casualties, what to do [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #2439769 - 03/16/04 02:35 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

why are you having so much contamination?

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
Re: taking mass casualties, what to do [Re: atomic1]
    #2440053 - 03/16/04 03:42 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

bc mold sucks dick, how about some help?

--------------------
"I didnt fight a secret war in nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom bad-mouthing lady america in your damn mirrored sunglasses."

InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

Loc: total bullshit->
    #2440067 - 03/16/04 03:47 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

lysol...and toss anything that looks like contam....try something outdoors with your jars..and just start over.

--------------------
I've been first and last
Look at how the time goes past.
But I'm all alone at last.
Rolling home to you.

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: taking mass casualties, what to do [Re: MilkVein]
    #2440129 - 03/16/04 04:09 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

taking cultures of healthy mycelium onto agar should work just fine. If cakes are fully colonised, birthing and cutting off contamanated sections completely then dunking in peroxide solution can work. it might not, but it's worth a bash.

-Odium

Offlinemavix
rtfm

Loc: http://www.shroomery.org/...
    #2440416 - 03/16/04 05:54 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

trash the contamns and start over.
make a glove box, and use it, focus on your aseptic technique
and if you dont have a pressure cooker, save up, and get one.

--------------------
-- mavix

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #2440474 - 03/16/04 06:13 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

them puppies sound dead to me.... time to bury em and move on...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

OfflineTaffy
enthusiast

Re: taking mass casualties, what to do [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #2440514 - 03/16/04 06:23 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

nice restraint mike :smile:

my turn to plug

having problems with contamination? buy professionally made jars and dont worry about that damn contam! Mike O'Logical's Wonderful World of Stuff offers great products at great prices. Check it out!
http://www.pfjars.com/

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: taking mass casualties, what to do [Re: Taffy]
    #2440612 - 03/16/04 06:42 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

heh heh...

ya forgot to tell em about the guarantee...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

--------------------
We got Nothing!

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
    #2440930 - 03/16/04 07:55 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

i have a pressure cooker and used a glove box and was very sterile but there were other issues like wet tyvek and moisture in the incubator. so dont plug shit bc im pretty sure thats against the rules (new shit i read in the sponsors forum) and i dont need it anyhow. i let my jars sit for a period of time and one had a ton of mold and it likely spread to the others. i dont know if the tyvek being wet was even much of a prob as i believe that shit is waterproof. there was mold growing on the tyvek though, you could see spots on the tyvek on a lot of the jars. my inquiry was about saving the myc that i could and the jars that may beat out the contam or just be cut off. thanks odium, it sounded like a good idea to me. plus im not about to just quit, especially since if you saw them (no digi cam) youd say quite a few had chances. i am throwing out quite a few that i expect to be overrun, but i have some clean jars and some that are doing well despite a bit of competetor mold. wish me luck, and any links to helpful threads (not entirely basic teks, i know how to do the shit but something that might be helpful in my case) would be appreciated, though i will be searching the boards later tonight. thanks.

--------------------

OfflineTaffy
enthusiast

#2440956 - 03/16/04 08:00 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

of course!! how could i forget mike's No-Nonsense No Contamination Guarentee!!

Mike O'Logical's strives to provide only the freshest, finest product, prepared exactly as described in the PF tek. In the unlikely event that you should receive a jar that is not one hundred percent free of contamination and prepared correctly, send it back to us immediately for free replacement, or, if replacement is not satisfactory, a full refund of the purchase price.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

#2440976 - 03/16/04 08:06 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

any jar that has any mold on it, whether its inside the jar or on the tyvek, is trash and should be sterilised and the contents discarded. they will not get better. the good mycelium will not overpower the bad. wash the jars, and try again is my advice to you...

--------------------
We got Nothing!

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
Re: taking mass casualties, what to do [Re: Taffy]
    #2441014 - 03/16/04 08:18 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

post about your products in sponsor and contest forums, i did not ask for product plugs. i got a bad case of contam this time around and was interested in salvaging. i used millet, and was wanting to save what i could and bounce back from this with grain to grains of the clean jars and get clean agar/myc syringes (with a bit of work) form salvages.

i think its number 4 in that link, i know youre a sponsor but keep it in the right places. ive been to all of the sponsors' sites. i know about the products and i know you have a guarentee on your pf jars. no need for the plug and no need for the product. you cant pitch the jars to every person every time they get contams, though i respect you, your product, and your standing behind your products and know that your product does have a place. I just dont respect shameless plugs.

thanks all, and keep posting.

--------------------

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

#2441023 - 03/16/04 08:21 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

i wasn't plugging myself, that was the other guy... he doesn't speak for me and has nothing to do with my business...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale