Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Quitting smoking, oooooh aaaaah!! Breathe in, breathe out...
    #2435054 - 03/15/04 01:13 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

I'm putting down cigarettes after 20 years, and i desperately need your help to stay quit.

I have quit since I woke up this morning, I have not smoked any cigarettes today.

Every 20 seconds or so, there comes another urge to pick one up!!!

I am not going to smoke cigarettes, if I would have continued to smoke cigarettes, judging from my lung functionality, I'd probably have died within 15 years.

Help me not smoke, if I don't quit now, this time now, I never will!

What should I do besides maybe chew up some pencils?

HELLLLLLP!!!!  :thumbup:

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Edited by Lightningfractal (03/15/04 10:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2435069 - 03/15/04 01:16 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Pencils help.

Every time you get a craving, do 20 pushups or situps. I don't know if it will help, but you will get in shape.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: Rose]
    #2435187 - 03/15/04 01:49 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Excersise and cleaning is the order of the day. Also fresh fruit and vegetables. I'm going to tie this in to a whole entire lifestyle change.

I read somewhere that smoking goes right along with a weak mindset. Lack of excercise, lazyness, bad eating, smoking, all contribute to one another.

I have been guilty of all of these lately, and I am pulling the plug on it today, beginning with the hardest one , the smoking.

After I post this I'm going to go do some cleaning, and then I think I'll go get some fruits and fresh salad vegetables from the store, breathe in the fresh air ya know?

Are there any "herbologists" on here who can recommend to me any herbal drinks or whatever that can clean out my system or otherwise lessen cravings, anything beneficial in this regard?

Thanks!

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ)
    #2435191 - 03/15/04 01:51 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

You just have to say...NO MORE!!!! Go take a shower,take a walk, chew gum,try the patch or inhaler,have sex with your honey,carry a pocket full of mint candies, smoke more weed,whatever works, Substitute!!!! I quit tobacco Dec. 22,2003 after over 30 years of puffing. It hurt for a week or so, but it has to happen. You know how John Wayne, Yul Brenner and thousands others quit?? ________ DEATH!! I used that nicotine inhaler for maybe a week.That shit tasted so nasty, it made quitting kinda easy.I don't even think about it now, even when pounding beers.BTW, my doc says thats next!! I'm not gonna say good luck, just DO IT !!

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2435197 - 03/15/04 01:52 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Good luck, man!    :thumbup:

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: MOTH]
    #2435582 - 03/15/04 03:33 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Thanks! So far so good, I got a rack of fresh vegetables, soy milk, Ginseng tea, peppermints, gums, and stuff.

I heard the first 3 days are the most terrible, then after that it's a lot easier and more managable. Can anyone confirm this?

--------------------

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #2435611 - 03/15/04 03:38 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

its a little different of an outlook when you feel like you are going to die  :crazy:
expect a PM later

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #2435661 - 03/15/04 03:52 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

my friend just quit smoking after like 12 years. he did say the first week was kinda hell, but he was in jail at the time anyway... after that it got alot easier, and hes been getting way into shape.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2435755 - 03/15/04 04:21 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Dont break! Keep yourself strong! Always do something and whatever you do dont drink alcohol cause that makes you smoke. Just keep strong, chew alot of gum and do alot of stuff... and if you are first gonna do stuff do stuff that will keep you healthy and in shape. Maybe my post in this forum, "Dr. Filthysock..." can give you some ideas, I swear when you get into shape and get healthy and have killed your adiction you will get sick to your stoumach after half a cigarette if you tried. You could also use dip and when you are used to dip after lets say a month quitting dip is easy as pie. Then you are finally nicotine free.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #2436405 - 03/15/04 07:13 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Get yourself a new hobby! I'm battling the booze at the moment and have taken up producing my own music. I get so involved in the track I'm making I totally forget about the alcohol and ciggies. :laugh:

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #2436641 - 03/15/04 08:04 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

each day gets eaiser, if ya make it a full 24 hours your doing good and by day 3 you'll be breezing...you can do it, have faith

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: peleg]
    #2436937 - 03/15/04 09:00 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Thanks everyone!! I drank some beers tonight, I'm not quitting beer, right now anyway. I had a pack of mints in my pocket and whenever i would reach for my "cigarettes", instead I found the mints and had one of those.

it's harder with alcohol not to smoke cigarettes, but I have decided that I am quitting smoking cigarettes no matter what, so alcohol shouldn't matter because I'm not quitting drinking right now, if ever, just cigarettes.

I still haven't smoked, and if I do anything it's gonna be dip, I'm not putting my lungs through anything more.

Except pot, pot smoke will probably heal my lungs anyways.

No more cigarettes though, and I have stuck with it. I have 3 unopened packs of Marlboros 2 feet from me right now, and I'm gonna get a refund for those.

One thing I have already noticed is that fresh air smells fresher, and food tastes more pure. Why the hell did I ever start smoking something that didn't even get me high?

I swear I'll never know!

Thanks everyone, I'm not in as much a panic as this morning, I hope it gets even easier as time goes by.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2437473 - 03/15/04 11:24 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

getting ready for bed now, no cigarette, no dip either all day long!

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2439429 - 03/16/04 01:17 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Day 2, it really sucks, but better than yesterday. Still have not smoked at all, nor ingested nicotine from any alternate source either!  :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
    #2440046 - 03/16/04 03:39 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

it will continue to get better then if ya smell one it will be such a stinch, puke, your doing good hang in der

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: peleg]
    #2440770 - 03/16/04 07:21 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Wait till you start dreaming about smoking cigarettes.Cigarettes taunt you it seems to me. I cant quit the bastards but ive been trying i know how you feel.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #2445646 - 03/17/04 11:21 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

End of day three, all is well.

--------------------

Offlinetemperance
ma[ybe]gician

Loc: southern ca
Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #2445672 - 03/17/04 11:29 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
Wait till you start dreaming about smoking cigarettes.

That happened to me for about a year after I quit smoking, but it never made me want one when I woke up. It only made me feel like "AH FUCKIN SHIT! I FAILED AND SMOKED A CIG!"

keep it up lightningfractal :thumbup: :thumbup:.

--------------------
It may be best to not take anything I say too seriously because I surely don't. Anything I say may be subject to revision at any time by any person, place, thing, or catastrophic event. And please don't call me Shirley.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #2445974 - 03/18/04 01:49 AM (20 years, 6 days ago)

alright I will just post this :cool:

First there are many ways to quit cigarettes
and many combonations of things that will help..my reccomendation? whatever works!

lets break it down

what are you trying to quit?
a addiction that will eventually kill you, or at the least make your life miserable.
I stand by that statement.
therefore if you dont choose to quit..well draw your own conclusions :laugh:

so we have concluded that we have to quit right?
lets look at the addiction.

nicotine, the addictive drug.
a horrible thing, no matter how much we have enjoyed it in the past, we have confirmed it will kill us so it must go.
how?
for me I had the will to just do it.
Every person who quits has amzing will-power IMO.
although it is a absolutely horrible feeling..skin crawling..blood boiling... what is a few weeks of your life right?

I mean seriously if you have decided to quit, then look at your  calendar and cross off the next three weeks..they are gone..no fun..no nothing, just will power and misery.

But isnt that good news, I mean its only three weeks :crazy:
and you will feel alot better after that.

so we got
-the patch
-the gum
-the inhaler

I support all of these..
The important thing to remember is that it will go away..the physical addiction ends. period.

Now we got the mental addiction, the fact that for many YEARS of your life you have been smoking, for pretty much every reason you could think up..
as a treat, as a ending point, to calm our nerves
for something to do..etc..

This is a harder thing in the long run IMO.

but immediately we must break this one down aswell..

what is it..?

Well for one we know about the basic hand to mouth nature we all seem to have.  All life eats, and most life had appendages therefore, we have evolved with a natural weakness to ciggarettes.

there are ways to fight this though.
first off mind over matter.
the best way to beat the mental addiction, is by staying busy.

do it to it mang, whatever it is..work,food(u can loose wieght later, play, hobbies, sex, drugs , alchohol..others may disagree with the last two but they greatly helped me!

just go from thing to thing..when somethings done, on to something else, if a break is needed, i suggest meditation, food, or candy..
but in the end we must work at breaking away from the oral fixation(meditation highly recomended)

yet lets be straight, we are focusing on the first few months of quitting and as they say..all is fair in love and war, and this most certainly is war.
therefore we use whatever tactics we must use to win :thumbup:

mental aids
-gum
-seeds
-candy
-drugs and alchohol
-food
-straw/pencil etc.(act like your smoking :wink:)
-water
-sex
-meditation
-prayer
-exercise
-relatioships& good coversation

and most importantly..your PASSION

whatever it is, delve into head first and get deep into it.
I played guitar for days when I quit :nut:
lets not forget that there was a time BEFORE cigarettes in all of our lives.

I think it is important also to look at the spiritual aspects of addiction.

We are all searching..I Know I am.
The truth is our nature is to want, whether it be physical, emotional or spiritual
we  want something.

admitting that, and seeing how YOU fill these "voids" of want is important in the long term.

Now in the long term after seeing this it is up to You to find out what it is that we are missing..I wont presume to tell you.

But if you seek truely you will immediately begin to see.

anyway I dont want to take too much of a spiritual direction here so..

thats about it

after you have succesfully broken the habit, you will be released and new doors will open for you!

here is a day during the quitting proccess I reccomend..

Wake up
blink :wink:
Drink some water
jump into shower
eat
meditate-visualize your day
when in car to go to work or school, turn radio up loudly and ..SING at the top of your lungs..get into it man!

once at destination..go into routine and engage into conversations and tasks thoroughly..try to get as much satisfaction as possible from every thing you do.

FIRST BREAK-ahhhhhh :eek:
breath wheel be ok
I would like to recomend what I did.. but from what I understand, it doesnt work for most people.

therefore
meditate(yes again;))
and/or
hit up the mental aids list

I would also reccomend skipping breaks, as they may make it to hard.
I want to re-state that engaging whole heartedly in conversation can work wonders..friends are veeeerry helpful whilst quitting.

at lunch repeat the break proccess..but EAT EAT EAT!!
get into that food man.
after meal cigarette?  I dont think so!
hit up the mental aids

while working the rest of the day stay focused on what you are doing.
when you get off..well you dont!!

hehe..go home and get into something.
I am not saying dont relax, just dont ever be  done doing things..because we all know what we do after we accomplkish something.
for the first few weeks a reccomend waring yourself out..mentaly and physically.
exercise is VERY helpful.

a few medatation tips
do what you do (clear your mind..visualize, whatever)

try after your normal meditation when in a soothed state to visualize yourself life, look and see what cigarettes have done to you, and see who you are where and will be.

also see http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1          < this thread for more helpful hints.

To end I will share my experience.
its a little different from the norm(if that exists)

I was a smoker for 12 years, 10 of them being a pack day.
I have asthma so I knew I needed to quit.
I could literally feel my lung capacity leesening.

I wanted to quit for 3 years before i finally did..and how, I simply decided it was time and that  I must

my honor was on the line..so I did
and I had no aid.
three weeks were HELL.
I did a strange thing though..if someone was smoking I went with them.
my logic is the whole world aint quitting just me, and I aint gonna stop taking breaks, so, I sat out in the cold with the smokers and ate candy as they puffed away.
I also continued to go to bars and force myself to deal with the corralation between alchohol and ciggarettes. I was succesful.

Its been nearly five months and I am now a non smoker :cool:

I still occasionally have head trips..but I am ok

I hope some of that helps,
and remember in the end you will quit..no matter how many times you fail,

you have the will to win,
and in the end  you will  succeed!

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: shaggy101]
    #2447026 - 03/18/04 12:14 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

Thanks everyone. WOW shaggy, that's awesome!!

I'm finding that it's true what I've heard, the first 3 days are the worst.

Man, food tastes sooooooooo good now!! No tar covering my taste buds.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds