Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpace Monkey
LSD purity and psychoactive effect (LSD chemist Nick Sand interview)
    #24347540 - 05/24/17 10:12 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I am not posting this for a debate [edit: this resolution went out the window :P]. I believe LSD purity affects the psychoactive effect of the drug.

This man, Nicholas Sand, the creator of orange sunshine LSD, personal disciple of Owsley Stanley and partner with Tim Scully, and underground chemist for decades (who just recently died), states the same, AND, he states the exact same reason for believing this that I myself came to conclude must be the reason for this phenomenon.

The impurities left over from LSD synthesis (such as iso-LSD) are not active on their own (this has been proven). However, neither are many compounds in ayahuasca or mescaline cacti or psilocybin mushrooms ... and yet, it seems that in combination with mescaline or psilocybin or DMT+Harmala, these other chemicals have an effect on the experience. I believe LSD is no different.

If you don't agree, well, I don't really care, I trust this man's authority over your's. Plus, it accords with my own experience. Epistemologically, I would be stupid not to believe an authority on the subject plus my own experience. So, you will not change my opinion. Period. Feel free to post for other people's benefit, but don't even bother addressing a response to me. I've probably already heard your point before anyway.

Owsley Stanley and Tim Scully, as you will see, were on the exact same page as Nick Sand.

Sand talks about it from 18:44 - 20:09.

Edited by Space Monkey (05/26/17 07:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLincolnCityTripper
Mushroom Maniac
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: LSD purity and psychoactive effect (LSD chemist Nick Sand interview) [Re: Space Monkey] * 1
    #24348079 - 05/25/17 04:51 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

:facepalm: he even said him self it depends on set and setting. Good luck avoiding an argument on this topic :goodluckwiththat:
:lsdabc: is :lsdabc: my friend no matter how you look at it. The mind is a powerful thing.

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: LSD purity and psychoactive effect (LSD chemist Nick Sand interview) [Re: LincolnCityTripper]
    #24348254 - 05/25/17 07:06 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

What do people think about LSD's vasoconstriction? Is it because of impurity or is it a natural consequence of LSD? For me, i wouldn't mind further exploring LSD but i get pretty bad vasoconstriction from it as do others, and some have found ways of counteracting the vasoconstriction so hopefully in time i'll be able to further explore LSD if i can counteract the vasoconstriction, or if i can come across some "pure and clean" LSD if it doesn't cause vasoconstriction.

--------------------

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: LSD purity and psychoactive effect (LSD chemist Nick Sand interview) [Re: Sabnock]
    #24348733 - 05/25/17 11:13 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sabnock said:
What do people think about LSD's vasoconstriction? Is it because of impurity or is it a natural consequence of LSD? For me, i wouldn't mind further exploring LSD but i get pretty bad vasoconstriction from it as do others, and some have found ways of counteracting the vasoconstriction so hopefully in time i'll be able to further explore LSD if i can counteract the vasoconstriction, or if i can come across some "pure and clean" LSD if it doesn't cause vasoconstriction.

The cleanest LSD I've ever gotten gave me vasoconstriction.

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: LSD purity and psychoactive effect (LSD chemist Nick Sand interview) [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #24349003 - 05/25/17 01:16 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah from my understanding the Lysergimides can still be vasconstrictive even if it's pure, but i've had a few people tell me that's bs and that really pure LSD is very smooth and no vasoconstriction at all. If i could just find a way around the vasoconstriction, i could and would want to take LSD more.

--------------------

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: LSD purity and psychoactive effect (LSD chemist Nick Sand interview) [Re: Sabnock]
    #24349201 - 05/25/17 02:50 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sabnock said:
Yeah from my understanding the Lysergimides can still be vasconstrictive even if it's pure, but i've had a few people tell me that's bs and that really pure LSD is very smooth and no vasoconstriction at all. If i could just find a way around the vasoconstriction, i could and would want to take LSD more.

It is very smooth and usually feels natural and clean but vasoconstriction can still happen depending on what's happening with the set and setting. Maybe it's because I smoked a lot of weed too.

OfflineSpace Monkey
Re: LSD purity and psychoactive effect (LSD chemist Nick Sand interview) [Re: LincolnCityTripper]
    #24349357 - 05/25/17 03:43 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LincolnCityTripper said:
:facepalm: he even said him self it depends on set and setting. Good luck avoiding an argument on this topic :goodluckwiththat:
:lsdabc: is :lsdabc: my friend no matter how you look at it. The mind is a powerful thing.

No, he said that set and setting were an influence, *in addition* to the purity of the compound.

I'm still not debating it. This remark was not a debating comment. I am merely pointing out to you what he actually said - whether you agree with him or not, I don't care. I trust this guy and Tim Scully and Owsley Stanley and my personal experience more than you.

Believe what you want to. I have already stated why I believe the things I do. I am merely posting an authority greater than my subjective experience, which is in accordance with my subjective experience. People may come to their own conclusions. You do not believe it. Cool, good for you. :thumbup: I'm not trying to talk you into anything. I posted this for the benefit of the general public who want to do their own research.

Thank-you for contributing. But, your comment is only for the benefit of others, it made zero impact on me ... as I stated it would.

Edited by Space Monkey (05/25/17 03:55 PM)

OfflineSpace Monkey
    #24349441 - 05/25/17 04:03 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sabnock said:

Personally, I don't know if LSD has caused "the constriction of blood vessels, which increases blood pressure" in me (what Google defines vasoconstriction as).

The feeling I personally get when I take LSD that I feel was not very clean, is as though my head was deep fried in dirty electricity. Also, a lot of jaw and muscle clenching. Even cleaner acid always causes a little of this for me. I only ever had one batch that didn't (300 ug orange sunshine tabs ... holy with an emphasis on the "holy" fuck!).

To be clear: that is my personal, subjective experience. It ain't science. But, these three legendary LSD chemists seem to agree that the flowing "smoothness" of the experience is taken away when it is not pure, though you may still get riggidy-riggidy-wreeecked on it. And, that's still not science. It is simply the subjective experience of three men who probably had more experience with LSD than any other humans in history.

I dunno what there is to be done about vasoconstriction. All I can say, is cleaner acid is much more physically comfortable for me. I don't even know if the symptoms I experience are vasoconstriction. I dunno. Is muscle clenching a sign of vasoconstriction?

Edited by Space Monkey (05/25/17 04:13 PM)

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: LSD purity and psychoactive effect (LSD chemist Nick Sand interview) [Re: Space Monkey]
    #24349468 - 05/25/17 04:13 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

For me, LSD's vasoconstriction makes my body feel sluggish, backed up, my blood vessels are tightened, just doesn't feel right, i usually have to take a nice hot shower on LSD in order to feel better. With Aya using Peganum Harmala and Mimosa Hostilis/Acacia Confusa, it feels really natural to the body, and my body feels wonderful (after the nausea/vomiting that is), and instead of vasoconstriction it causes vasodilation so i never feel physically uncomfortable aside from the stomach stuff and some of the DMT's bodily sensations which i think is related to the Adrenaline. I feel like LSD would be a lot better for me personally if it didn't have the vasoconstriction, and i've mixed it with the Rue a few times and it did feel a lot better on the body due to the vasodilation. Another thing is the speediness/stimulation LSD causes, which can last up to about hour 14 for me so it makes it a bit difficult to get to sleep. Psilohuasca (using Shrooms with Rue/Harmalas/Caapi) can give you a 9 to 12+ hour experience since the Harmalas potentiate the Psilocin and lengthen it's duration, so i'd much prefer that over LSD's 12 to 14 hour duration, since Psilohuasca doesn't cause the vasoconstriction and seems to unfold much like an LSD experience does for me.

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#24349542 - 05/25/17 04:42 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sabnock said:
What do people think about LSD's vasoconstriction? Is it because of impurity or is it a natural consequence of LSD?....

I find the vasoconstriction and tension from L is just a part of the potential body load that this drug has  :shrug: .

I say potentially because I don't always get a body load from LSD....Taking doses from the same sheet of L will produce a body load for me sometimes, and other times taking doses from that same sheet of L won't produce even the slightest hint of body load for me. The same goes for all my friends as well.

A few years ago my friends and I were working with the same sheet of LSD over the course of almost a full year....They were some good solid doses, said to be 100mcg . I would feel the first signs of lifting of baseline within 1 to 3 minutes after the tab was under my tongue...Visuals and tripping by 45 to 60 minutes after dosing.

So....My friends and I had lots of trips that year, all the tabs of acid we ate were the same dosage of the same crystal from the same sheet. I personally had some trips with that stuff where there was the typical vasoconstriction and body load present in my lower back/neck/legs, just some general load and tension through out the body....But I also had lots of trips with that same stuff where there was absolutely zero body load, no constriction and no tension what so ever, my body felt like air, like bliss in the wind.

So from personal experience...having the same LSD from the same sheet produce body load sometimes and zero body load other times, I feel there's lots of other variables at play contributing to the body load rather than it simply coming down to "clean lsd" or "dirty lsd".

With all that said...when I do have a trip with L that produces no body load, I can totally understand why some folks are led to believe that it comes down to some L being "clear/pure" and other L having impurities causing the body load....Because a trip with L that has no load on the body is so light/clean/clear feeling....no tension, just bliss.

I ate some L last weekend at a festival...I didn't experience any body load at all the entire weekend (though I was zinging/vibrating from dancing for many hours on end all weekend, I feel that my body was likely so high on endorphins and what not that that no pain was present).

-OM

--------------------

Edited by openmind (05/25/17 04:52 PM)

OfflineLincolnCityTripper
Mushroom Maniac
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: LSD purity and psychoactive effect (LSD chemist Nick Sand interview) [Re: Space Monkey]
    #24349896 - 05/25/17 07:04 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Space Monkey said:
Quote:

LincolnCityTripper said:

No, he said that set and setting were an influence, *in addition* to the purity of the compound.

I'm still not debating it. This remark was not a debating comment. I am merely pointing out to you what he actually said - whether you agree with him or not, I don't care. I trust this guy and Tim Scully and Owsley Stanley and my personal experience more than you.

Believe what you want to. I have already stated why I believe the things I do. I am merely posting an authority greater than my subjective experience, which is in accordance with my subjective experience. People may come to their own conclusions. You do not believe it. Cool, good for you. :thumbup: I'm not trying to talk you into anything. I posted this for the benefit of the general public who want to do their own research.

Thank-you for contributing. But, your comment is only for the benefit of others, it made zero impact on me ... as I stated it would.

Me personally im gonna trust the creator of LSD and not a couple chemists that know how to make it. Its all well documented so you are debating whether you think so or not. You need to do some reading bro its all documented. Darkstar can hook you up with a link i dont have it at the moment. But again LSD is LSD no matter what you think. Do some research and you will see that even with the purest LSD there is still side effects.

OfflineSpace Monkey
    #24350211 - 05/25/17 09:33 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sabnock said:i've mixed it with the Rue a few times and it did feel a lot better on the body due to the vasodilation.

Wow, really? I'll have to try that! PSA though, if you take something you thought was LSD, and it turns out to be an NBOME or DOx compound or some other research chemical passed off as acid, syrian rue may be deadly in combination with it. Always make sure the thing you are taking genuinely is LSD if you're taking rue as well! (You probably already know this, just posting for the benefit of people browsing the interwebz).

OfflineSpace Monkey
    #24350259 - 05/25/17 09:51 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LincolnCityTripper said:
Me personally im gonna trust the creator of LSD and not a couple chemists that know how to make it.

Why? Albert Hoffman took LSD like, 10 or 20 times in his entire life. I can't remember which. It definitely wasn't over 20, Hoffman really wasn't that experienced with his own creation.

Alright fine, I give up, I'll debate :P

I accept that LSD can become more or less "clean" feeling based on your mental state. In fact, I actively will meditate on love during LSD trips in order to induce these clarified states! Because, even though I engage in these practices, and can (to a degree) elevate myself to heightened states of clarity - I still personally find I can discern what quality the chemical I am working with is at! When the chemical is of better quality, these meditative states are much easier to induce.

My belief is that the purity of the product is a further factor, rather than the only factor.

As far as I know, there are no real studies on this. I would be fascinated to see them, and I believe that they could be performed, just by measuring people's vital signs. However, it would be difficult to do, you would actually need a pretty large study to objectively determine this.

This is because, as people are saying, set and setting is a factor. Meditation will change your trip, I highly encourage it! (Sober practice will increase your skill at it). Because of this confounding factor, a huge amount of medical study would be necessary across vast amounts of people with vast amounts of information recorded, in order to account for the effect of set and setting on people's experiences.

As the first person who responded said, Sand himself accepts set and setting as factors in the subjective experience! But, he is also saying that in his experience, and the experience of others he met, the purity of the chemical was a further factor. Since we have no studies of the kind I am talking about, the best I can go on is: my own experience, and the purported experiences of those who have had the best access to the drug and used it the most ... these chemists.

Set, setting, and chemical composition!

Does anybody here mean to tell me that they believe pure DMT+Harmala, or pure psilocin, or pure mescaline, or pure ibogaine, or pure THC, are the same as ayahuasca, or mushrooms, or cacti, or iboga, or cannabis?

Let's take cannabis as the most obvious example. As far as we know, THC is the only psychoactive ingredient in cannabis. That's not to say the other chemicals don't have effects, but they do not get you high. Tested alone, they would be found to have pharmacological effects on us, to be sure, but they wouldn't get you "high". But they DO effect the high that THC produces!

The same goes for every other chemical I listed. Does anyone contest this? That chemicals in plants which don't get you high on their own, affect the subjective experience of other chemicals in plants that do in fact get you high?

We'll start the debate there, that is the first premise I am laying out. If you contest this, then speak up. If you agree with me...well, we shall move forward in our debate from there :wink:

Edited by Space Monkey (05/25/17 09:55 PM)

OfflineMordecount
Stranger
Male

Loc: Flag
    #24350326 - 05/25/17 10:22 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with openmind, every trip is different even from the same sheet, it's just the beauty, nature and variation of the psychedelic experience, just like sometimes with P subaeruginosa, I have heavy, uncomfortable body load, other times it's similar to MDMA, and very euphoric. Tripping is such a unique experience, and there's no scientific evidence to back up the claims of purity =
"Cleaner trip". Purity should effect potency and nothing more, perhaps the knowledge of it being pure or impure is enough to ultimately colour the experience?

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

#24350387 - 05/25/17 10:59 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Space Monkey said:
Quote:

Sabnock said:i've mixed it with the Rue a few times and it did feel a lot better on the body due to the vasodilation.

Wow, really? I'll have to try that! PSA though, if you take something you thought was LSD, and it turns out to be an NBOME or DOx compound or some other research chemical passed off as acid, syrian rue may be deadly in combination with it. Always make sure the thing you are taking genuinely is LSD if you're taking rue as well! (You probably already know this, just posting for the benefit of people browsing the interwebz).

Yup, always test your stuff before mixing it with Harmalas.

--------------------

OfflineSpace Monkey
Re: LSD purity and psychoactive effect (LSD chemist Nick Sand interview) [Re: Mordecount]
    #24350680 - 05/26/17 04:06 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mordecount said:
I agree with openmind, every trip is different even from the same sheet, it's just the beauty, nature and variation of the psychedelic experience, just like sometimes with P subaeruginosa, I have heavy, uncomfortable body load, other times it's similar to MDMA, and very euphoric. Tripping is such a unique experience, and there's no scientific evidence to back up the claims of purity =
"Cleaner trip". Purity should effect potency and nothing more, perhaps the knowledge of it being pure or impure is enough to ultimately colour the experience?

So, you believe plant psychedelics have the exact same effects as taking the pure isolated ingredients extracted from them?

In the cases of cannabis, cacti, iboga, and ayahuasca I would say the vast majority of people disagree with that...

And indigenous communities definitely see different effects from different species of shrooms. Maria Sabina the Mazatec mushroom curandera for example, would never eat Cubensis. Kat McKenna (Terence McKenna's ex-wife) stated the same in an interview. Indigenous communities recognize a difference between mushroom species.

Edited by Space Monkey (05/26/17 04:22 AM)

Invisiblehowsyournaggerdoin
Happy

#24350701 - 05/26/17 04:34 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Until somebody finds an impurity thats active at doses low enough to fit on a blotter theres nothing to argue about here.

OfflineMordecount
Stranger
Male

Loc: Flag
    #24350772 - 05/26/17 05:37 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Space Monkey said:
Quote:

Mordecount said:

So, you believe plant psychedelics have the exact same effects as taking the pure isolated ingredients extracted from them?

In the cases of cannabis, cacti, iboga, and ayahuasca I would say the vast majority of people disagree with that...

And indigenous communities definitely see different effects from different species of shrooms. Maria Sabina the Mazatec mushroom curandera for example, would never eat Cubensis. Kat McKenna (Terence McKenna's ex-wife) stated the same in an interview. Indigenous communities recognize a difference between mushroom species.

No, I was just making a point of how every trip is different, it's the nature of the psychedelic experience, with powdered consistent mushrooms I'd have different kinds of body loads, effects etc. everytime, despite being the same mushrooms. Same with different trips from the same sheet. Pure LSD isn't going to give you a clean trip free of body load and other effects, just like the intent and conciousness of the person that laid it isn't going to influence your trip.

Psychedelics in general have a large array of potential subjective effects, and more often than not, they're not going to manifest at the same time or be consistent trip to trip. As openmind said, though, you can see how people who have a clean trip free of bodyload might think it's because it was pure product.

OfflineSpace Monkey
Re: LSD purity and psychoactive effect (LSD chemist Nick Sand interview) [Re: Mordecount]
    #24350919 - 05/26/17 07:37 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

You still haven't answered my question.

Do you believe that a plant psychedelic experience will be the same as an experience from a pure, extracted compound? Do you believe for example, that cannabis causes the same effects as pure THC? Or cacti the same trip as pure mescaline? Or iboga the same trip as pure ibogaine? Or ayahuasca the same trip as pure DMT+harmala? Or mushrooms the same trip as pure psilocin?

Or do you think it makes no difference, that ALL the differences are simply set+setting?

Let's start with people's answers on THIS question before we move to LSD.

Edited by Space Monkey (05/26/17 07:39 AM)

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#24351207 - 05/26/17 09:54 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LincolnCityTripper said:

Set and setting are huge. Studies have shown, for example, that individuals can mistake DXM for psilocybin under double blind conditions. However, if you simply tell study subjects they may get one or the other, they can easily tell the difference. So we have actual, peer-reviewed studies showing the enormous influence of setting and setting and well, youtube to support the effects of impurities.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order