Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
How can we get psychedelics rescheduled?
    #2434355 - 03/15/04 10:03 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

I know that since the late 60's psychedelics like mushrooms and lsd were put on schedule 1, wich makes them illegal for all consumption and production, even medical research! The shroomery community knows that these chemicals are very valuable, and that they could have many valuable uses in therapy for addiction, depression, and other positive uses.

Now the question is, what is the process by wich a chemical gets scheduled. What is the process by wich a chemical gets rescheduled? It has to be possible. I am planning on doing psychedelic research in the future, so i want it to be legal for research purposes by the time i have a PHD in psychology.

Questions:
1. How do substances get scheduled?
2. How can we get psychedelics rescheduled for research purposes?

.-=:heart::mushroom2:P:gd_icon:E:sun:A:sun:C:gd_icon:E:mushroom2::heart:=-.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: How can we get psychedelics rescheduled? [Re: psikooz]
    #2434436 - 03/15/04 10:34 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

A substance has to have no medical purposes to be on schedule 1. Thats all I know :grin:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2434466 - 03/15/04 10:41 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

support groups like alchemind & MAPS & hoffman foundation & heffter institute & eleusis & the fane (canadians, hear?) & give to the support ann & sasha fund & attend gatherings like rainbow & burningman & starwood & go to symposia on psychedelic studies featuring lectures & workshops with your favorite psychedelic luminaries...

free tommy chong...
free huey newton...
free timothy leary...
free al gore...
free bob dobbs...

"c'mon free minds, free bodies, free dope, free music ---
the day is on its way and the day is ours!"

feed the hungry
clothe the naked
comfort the bereaved
visit those in prison

chop wood, carry water

register to vote
& vote

:mushroom2:

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #2438778 - 03/16/04 10:26 AM (20 years, 16 days ago)

i think it is very hard to free the plants at that point :sad:

i think we can at least try to reach lots of people,just tell them what is all that sacred plants are about,how can those synthetitics can enlight them...

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2438810 - 03/16/04 10:33 AM (20 years, 16 days ago)

You can't get them rescheduled.

The DEA criteria for a schedule drug is that it has no current accepted medical value and (2) it has a high potential for abuse.

Now the first is if a doctor in a givi en community of 20 doctors uses say X on a patient in a theraeutic setting and has positive results, thent he medical community as a whole would value the tereatment as valid and socially accepted.

However, the DEA's understanding of that is that is has no accepted medical value.

As far as being a high potential for abusre, both x and mushrooms, in particular have a high tolerance and after two or three trips in a row, one does not get off until they have waited form 7 to 14 days between using the drugs . So there fore it cannot have a high potential for abuse since you cannot take it every day and get high.

ANyway, that is the criteria for determining a sceduled drug.

mj

That and other interesting Narcotic tales can be found in either the Bulletin of Narcotics journal and/or DEA, their monthly ragazine.

mj

Both can be viewed in most University l9braries int he Natural Sciences or stacks.

mj

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2438995 - 03/16/04 11:26 AM (20 years, 16 days ago)

The DEA scheduling makes no logical sense at all.

Schedule I is considered:
# The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
# The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
# There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision

Schedule II is considered:
# The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
# The drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States or a currently accepted medical use with severe restrictions.
# Abuse of the drug or other substance may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence.

Schedule I: LSD, MDMA, Marihuana, DMT, Peyote, Psilocybin, Mescaline,
Schedule II: Morphine, Opium, Amphetamine, PCP

How in the world PCP is in a looser legal status than marijuana and psilocybin is beyond me. There is work, however, in studying many schedule one chemicals which could change that. The scheduling parameters really need to be revamped or eliminated all together.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: How can we get psychedelics rescheduled? [Re: Twirling]
    #2439040 - 03/16/04 11:36 AM (20 years, 16 days ago)

i can say that they have helped me trmendously, use to be a drunkard not any more, use to spend every waking moment getting stoned, not any more, more balanced in my relationships and have goals now that i work toward evryday, namely my Creator...i know this has nothing to do with changing laws but they have been a very benifical tool for me and will continue to be, Lord willing

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Re: How can we get psychedelics rescheduled? [Re: peleg]
    #2439345 - 03/16/04 12:55 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Thank you, im glad some inteligent people replied to my post..

Yeah pretty much at the moment there is nothing to do. But i remmeber a recent post about research with psychedelics going on at harvard.. So this may be what we need. Because If a bunch of psychologists have proof that when used correctly they are safe and beneficial, the government cant do anything. So with that said, i think its just going to be a matter of being persistant and pushing the right buttons...
Also about the schedualing, yeah its completely out of wack. The most harmful substances, such as opiates, are "ok" for medical use. But substances like mushrooms and LSD are considered useless.. Makes you think how many government officials are popping prescription pain killers.

But this is why i want to get a Phd, so i can proove that these chemicals are beneficial. I also think that as the younger generations get older and gain power, things will change, its allready happening a little bit. In california with medical pot, anyone can legaly, under state law, posses marijuana.

The government just needs to recognize that people do use drugs recreationally, and allways will. You cant make laws trying to stop it, like before, look at prohibition, didnt work. And it still doesnt work, but you all know that..

About the PCP, i bet the government uses PCP as a biological weapon. Damn basterds. IF it doesnt help war then it doesnt help anybody i guess.

Edited by psikooz (03/16/04 12:57 PM)

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #2440188 - 03/16/04 04:35 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

How can we get psychedelics rescheduled?

Through the spread of unbiased, un-contested information regarding benefits found through controlled research by people with enough abilities and credentials to be taken seriously.

I too will pursue BA's, MD's, and PHD's, but this is a very limited section of what i as a person can do.

I change opinions everyday - every single day.

I do it through;

-KNOWING and SUPPORTING the FACTS.
-I live a lifestyle BASED upon what i BELIEVE. It is VERY uncommon, and people take notice. I am not a partier, I hardly use in the common recreational fashion, I am an intellect and i am proud of this. I spread my creed through word of mouth, and writings often while experiencing. All in all - The way i existed and how i exist now prove's straight up the benefits of What i do.

and if not -

-Listening to me speak rarely fails to touch the listener the in an *opinion opening/lifestyle shattering/realizing + understanding* sort of way.

-I make no bone's about it. I am proud, and i know my stuff - I am empowered far beyond most else i know - and most people young and old i know would not fret to say i am the most advanced, smartest young person they've ever met. Those down and out, the one's fucked by life - who ive spoken with have even gone as far as to say "ive restored their faith in humanity."

Basically, all of this just sets a Fantastic example of *the drug user*, and straight up - that changes A perception everyone has: Drugs are inherently bad, as are their users. The first thought after a person has after hearing what i have to say is: "Ive never met someone so balanced, down to earth, motivated+driven+in control of their life as this boy. He has made me think more than i ever thought before - obviously drugs havent put him in the gutter, nor is he ravaged by addiction or health ... Hmmm, maybe drugs arnt so bad."

As they explore deeper into my lifestyle they learn about what has made me this way, and what ive learned from being this way - they investigate deeper into the catalysts which have allowed me to be this way - As they invesigate and i inform their opinions start gradually shifting - and in a nutshell their opinion of psychedelic drugs is very quickly *reconsidered*. often in a very limited time they will go from uninformed and totally against - to wanting to change their life overnight (we all know its not that easy .... but the more people i connect with the better chances psychedelic drugs face - Just through information - rumours stop getting spread, idiocy is replaced with info and minds are opened to new concepts and idea's.)

Through something SO easy as dispersing information in a conscientious confident manner - people LEARN to think differently - they learn to question WHAT THEY KNOW ... and from that they can learn how to Question whats real?

Ask someone what they believe in life. Ask about its origins, how things work, destiny, fate, death, life, consciousness, priorities - etc.

When they cant answer more than *big bang*, *god/creationism/evolution/whatever*, *yadda yadda this, yadda yadda that*

and you can go on for hours into explicit detail about *how things are*

The learning begins.

Teach.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinekindadank
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: How can we get psychedelics rescheduled? [Re: PDU]
    #2440236 - 03/16/04 05:00 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Man, I need to hang out with you PDU.  You seem like an amazing person to be around and or trip with.  I don't know enough "enlightened" people to say the least, except for on the Shroomery.  :wink:

If I'm ever up in BC we need to meet up.

I too agree with PDU that the only feasible way to bring about any real changes in current drug law is with a massive re-education of the people.  I guess you could call it a de-programming.  The spread of unbiased factual information from respectable people about this topic is really the only way.  Anyways, I wish you the best of luck in all of your endeavors PDU.  I have read many of your posts about what you are doing/plan to do with your life and it seems you could be at the forefront of this type of revolution and actually bring about some change.  :sun:

Offlineazurescens
    #2440298 - 03/16/04 05:21 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

PDU. It's too bad that all this intellect you claim to have is so overshadowed by arrogance. "Iam this...and I am that". It's easy to say how wonderful one is and how much one knows but maybe you should look up the definition of the word humble. You just may learn something. People have their own opinions and that is what makes us all unique, not the desire or need to conform with a so-called enlightened one. Unless that is, are you the lamb of god??

Anonymous

#2440424 - 03/16/04 05:57 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

It's simple really.  Every drug user KILLS five anti-legalization people on a given time of a given day. That day DRUGS become legal.  It's a war, and someday it may come to that. :evil:

DISCLAIMER

Not suggesting, authorizing, conspiring, to do such things. :shake:

It takes an act of congress to make law or change law.

Offlinevade
veteran

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2440442 - 03/16/04 06:03 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

More power to you, i''m sure a lot of people will support your purpose, but also many will reject, those who are
ignorant and neive. But just stay strong and go for what you believe in, I support you, these "drugs" need
to be rescheduled.

--------------------
I've got this feeling that there's something that I missed...

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: How can we get psychedelics rescheduled? [Re: azurescens]
    #2440460 - 03/16/04 06:09 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

azurescens said:
PDU. It's too bad that all this intellect you claim to have is so overshadowed by arrogance. "Iam this...and I am that". It's easy to say how wonderful one is and how much one knows but maybe you should look up the definition of the word humble. You just may learn something. People have their own opinions and that is what makes us all unique, not the desire or need to conform with a so-called enlightened one. Unless that is, are you the lamb of god??

Its only arrogant if you take it out of context.

See - People are ignorant - we all know this - The masses - MOST (yes, make the generalization - the boys and girls in school who do as their told, listen to the teachers who are indoctrinating them like the governments little minions they are ((dont think twice that i dont LOVE some teachers)) - Yes, these kids who grow up into their parents - these people without critical thinking abilities, who dont know what they want - who settle in their live's, live ordinary live's and are overall unaware of what it means to be human as a result of the society and culture they are born into, YES - these people who obey without question every single day of their live's - These are the people that need to be taught to *think outside the box* (the box being the life that is sold to them through society.)

Yeah fine, they know where romania is on a globe, they know the movie stars, they know how to heat up a delissio, they might know how to write a resume and wear makeup, they know the latest fashions and all about the latest small block in the latest sports car, they know about the american revolution and the native americans, they know about george washington, the statue of liberty and they JUST KNOW that there's Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq - Please counter my argument here - How are they not ignorant of *whats real*.

I said NOTHING about forcing my way of life on people as the CORRECT way to live. I said nothing about being ABOVE the ignorant. I live differently - and they see for themselves that i live a more fulfilling rewarding responsible virtuous (blah blah blah) life. I am happy to lead someone in my direction, but that is their choice, and its up to them to make it. I can provide them with the facts of their life (because ive been there) and the facts of mine (hey, been there too!) and they make the choice wether to cross. + trust me - most that ive connected with havent gone to the extent which i have - and THATS OK. The world wouldnt work filled with me's. BUT if they do learn to think critically and examine their own lifestyle's regarding their happiness, their desire's, their goals, what they feel they can achieve - it can make their live's better.

Like it or not, most people in this part of the world *Canada - USA* Aspire the lowest common denominator - Yeah, movie star, CEO, to work in silicon valley - whatever - their drive in life is money, that is what they are focused on. Ask the 21 year old's in the last year of their BA - Ask them if they know what they're going to be? and ask them how they ended up there?

Pressure from schools, and parents, and media - Even unspoken pressure - like the 20" chrome rims in that latest rap video - It makes our culture's young people as a whole feel the *immediacy* of needing money, and to grow up. We *being a young person myself* do not feel we have the time to figure out what WE want to do, and this is perpetuated through our educations - we dont even have time to think about what we want, before we're thrown into the computer labs to fiddle on programs that tell us what we're best cut out for in life, Then we grad - maaaybe get a year off, are most often thrown into the work world or into a general studies BA program - 3 years pass and then all of a sudden they find themselves going towards a *career* which means very little to them.

I dont appologize for my confidence or my direction in life, I dont appologize for how i live. I know i am making the world a better place, and have about 70 years left. At my young age i can already see the difference i am making everyday - its just too bad more people cant say the same.

Hey, maybe if your doing something, you have the right to speak as i do.

(by the way, with many different demographics of people, ive spoken about arrogance and confidence - and which one beams through me. No one has said i am arrogant. But i have been thanked many times for helping someone realize whatever it is they need to realize. I have a firm grasp on my reality, and i am not sorry for this.)

Think about what you said, and ive said.

(appologies for the off topic post - but ive pretty much explained in detail why there is such a need for a reversal in policies mind expanding substances.)

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2440634 - 03/16/04 06:48 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Since when is acknowledging the good things about one's life arrogance?

Actually, these statements remind me of the anti-freevibe.com statements:
"I own my own business, donate to local charities and volunteer with local soup kitchens. And I use psilocybin mushrooms on a regular basis."

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: How can we get psychedelics rescheduled? [Re: kindadank]
    #2440674 - 03/16/04 06:58 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

(
Quote:

kindadank said:
I wish you the best of luck in all of your endeavors PDU.  I have read many of your posts about what you are doing/plan to do with your life and it seems you could be at the forefront of this type of revolution and actually bring about some change.  :sun:

Thank you for the kind words - im always down for hanging out, just dont expect too much. Im just an ordinary guy (well not so ordinary, but nothing too special).

Also i love to hear things like: "it seems you could be at the forefront of this type of revolution and actually bring about some change." - Not so long ago when i was just a severely depressed lump of a soul - i had dreams of being a psychedelic guru or urban shaman, or whatever - but i could'nt see the way. I was the wrong generation, the wrong part of the world ... everything was wrong. But i made it happen, and i will for the rest of my life - psychedelics helped empower me that much, To realize that the road isnt before you until you walk and long hard road there yourself - that is empowering. Ie. its up to you.

Psikooz -  The point i tried to get across in my posts - is to NOT only focus on the academic and scientific side of things. Its within us all to connect with and change opinions. We as people can do alot more than we're lead to believe. I am young, and my Formal education hasnt even come close to beginning, but i learn and i learn and i learn, and progress and make change - My career in doing what i do best, has begun, and thats how i look at it.

Talk to people, write article's and share them where-ever you can, Focus on thinking different through whatever means and not just drugs, SET THE EXAMPLE.

I set the example by being smart, i dont get defensive in my arguments, I use logic, and most often i know where the conversation is going and how to counter it by using selective language which challenges the conversationalist to think in a different manner. In addition, i am healthy - i really stress that i Live good, i eat good, i stay fit - that too breaks the example of the down and out drug user. And lastly I admit openly and proudly about who i am (a drug user) (PDU - proud drug user) - but dont fret to say that i wont eat fast food or drink or smoke cigarette's. THAT REALLY gets the point across that people need to re-evaluate what they perceive as demons.

Eg. Typical person - I Go to the Gym to stay thin but eat McDonalds 2.4 times per week, and on average 16 slices of pizza, and at least 8.9 items of frozen freeze dried pre-prepared food.

Eg. Typical person - I go to the gym to stay thin - i also tan to stay tanned, and i pay money to do this, so i work 2 jobs. When they could go for a run or a bike ride or climb a tree or walk to work and, get tanned, stay thin, and work 1 job while getting more out of life.

Challenging people works because people dont like to back down to a challenge - because of their egocentricism.

With the friends who are like me - I tell them - Make me proud and they do, over and over - wether they take pride in telling me that they said hello to a stranger walking down the street, or picked up litter, or came to a revelation, or challenged themselves to learn a new song, or connected with a person .... whatever. Challenging people works very well, do it in a constructive manner.

(hey azurescens - Im just feeding my huge ego. Dont mind me)

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
    #2441525 - 03/16/04 10:57 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

PDU im right here with you. I do what you do. People look up to me at my school. And they listen to what i say and believe what i say. Everyday i try to change a persons opinion about Drugs. Most people these days are pretty libral about marijuana. But i try to get them to think about Decriminalization of all drugs. I show them how psychedelics hav benefited my life, and they arent bad like they have been taught to be.

I do understand the truth that the majority of people arent much smarter than average. This is mainly because the educational system is designed to stop people from thinking critically and just regurgitate information. I have friends that are average, and everyday i try to enlighten them by showing that im a happy guy that has a lot going for him, and i have my own independent opinions that arent results of pressure from my peers. I know im right, and im not affraid to stand out because maybey people will follow and start thinking for themselfs as well.

If theres any purpose of life its to change the way other people look at the world, give the people another perspective. IF i dont do anything with my life but change the way people look at the world, ill be happy. Because eventually it will add up to a big change and we will have been successfull.

peace

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
    #2443923 - 03/17/04 03:31 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Spread da Light man

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Anonymous

#2444038 - 03/17/04 04:26 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

It would take an act of congress. The DEA is an enforcement agency, not a law maker.

There is no such thing as thinking out of the box, there is just minority opinions and experiences. YOU are the minority. Doesn't make you smarter, or more enlightened. The sheep you refer to aren't really sheep. They are acting out of self interest just like you. They just like hamburgers. They like to tan in fifteen minutes. They like .........

Because you dislike, or find no importance in their activities means nothing to anyone but you and those that agree with you.

you can already legally research Schedule 1 drugs, with a license.
to get them rescheduled you would have to convince the majority of congressman/woman to do so. Since the majority of voters don't want it legalized, you are going to be fighting the impossible battle.

I said it once I'll say it again, in the most joking manner of course!!!

If every drug user/prolegalization person killed five non-user/non-legalization people it would be legal. But DRUG USERS DON"T FIGHT WARS, they just sacrifice like lambs.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: How can we get psychedelics rescheduled? [Re: ]
    #2444092 - 03/17/04 04:39 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

No your avoiding the point - The point being that we need to change people's perceptions before THE PEOPLE's government will have any chance of being changed.

You are doing more by talking to your friends and supporting the truth, who in turn will support it to their friends and in turn to theirs - etc. Rather than by writing angry letters to the DEA or your congressman.

I am not preaching a lifestyle or anything else, ive mentioned my own intentions in first person - again i have taken no elitist stance or anything else - ive only mentioned my opinion on what it takes to reschedule psychedelics and what im doing.

I see few other creative insights into solving the problem, which this thread was about.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder