Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemott
the crimsonavenger
relayer overlay with casing???? (help me out here people!))
    #2432439 - 03/14/04 07:50 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

lets say there is a casing out there that is potentially overlain; couldn't you just recase the sucker and start over?  i'm not too worried about the wait, i've got two others that are pinning nicely.  the thing is, there are lots of water droplets on the myc in this casing, none on the others; that is a sign of overlay, correct?  even with all the info in the casing forum, i can't seem to get more specific info on overlay.  let me know.  thanks so much
mott

:gd_icon: (oh yeah)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: relayer overlay with casing???? (help me out here people!)) [Re: mott]
    #2432452 - 03/14/04 07:54 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

overlay takes a hella long time to form. If it hasn't been that long, its probably not overlay. No, you cant just cover up overlay, b/c overlay = dead mycellium. The only way to treat overlay is to scratch up the surface of the mycellium. Overlay usually feels really hard to the touch.

Anonymous

Re: relayer overlay with casing???? (help me out here people!)) [Re: Zwieback0]
    #3676029 - 01/25/05 02:32 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

what do you do to hidratate?... what abou adding substrate?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: relayer overlay with casing???? (help me out here people!)) [Re: cuatiklad]
    #3676074 - 01/25/05 02:43 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You can add more casing as long as there are no pins or primordia. But do not fully recase...just add a little sprinkled over the top VERY thinly to hold water in better so it doesnt sit there and cause the myc to flatten and harden (overlay).

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Anonymous

Re: relayer overlay with casing???? (help me out here people!)) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3678823 - 01/25/05 05:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Tanx!!

Let me get this strait cause I?m a newbie, and have only two cases. I want to do this right. Please confirm and correct this steps if necessary, this is what I have till now:

1. I moist and sterilize vermic in a jar, let it cool.
2. Y softely scratch the surface with a ster. Fork (a lot?, just a little? Do I leave like separated lines, or scracch leaving very close to each other lines?)
3. I spry with water the myc (do I sterilize water?, What do I do with water/sprayer)
4. I wait 24 hrs (that?s what I read somewhere)
5. I had wet verm.
6. I leave it in the incubator covered with foil with some holes in it at 85 F for XXX time (how many days or hours)
7. I put it back to fruiting chamber.

I?m not an English fluid speaker, so pleas, please, please, try not using avreviations or words that doesn?t exist (slangs?). I must had that my overlay is not to thick like the pictures I have seen, bat very very thin but dry. Two shrooms are growing in the borders and the case is shirwinking?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix