Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST
    #24291684 - 05/03/17 07:36 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/over-200-members-of-congress-file-federal-lgbtq-rights-bill/ar-BBAESke?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

In a majority of U.S. states, it's legal for a business to put a sign in the window saying "no gays allowed."

While such a scenario seems unlikely in 2017, it could happen. That's because lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are not included in the nondiscrimination protections provided by the federal Civil Rights Act, and in 30 states, there are no state laws that protect LGBTQ Americans from discrimination.

But a bipartisan federal bill introduced Tuesday could change that. If passed, the Equality Act would add sexual orientation and gender identity to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 — which currently bans discrimination based on race, color, sex, religion and national origin.

Forty-six Democratic senators led the charge to propose the legislation on Tuesday, along with 194 members of the House. An introduction ceremony in Washington, D.C., was led by Oregon Senator Jeff Merkley, openly lesbian Wisconsin Senator Tammy Baldwin and New Jersey Senator Cory Booker, along with House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer and a slew of LGBTQ advocates.

"People will still discriminate if it's illegal. But it should not be legal to discriminate," said Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney, the first openly gay congressman from New York. "We are the last group of Americans for whom it is legal to discriminate against."

The Equality Act introduction was streamed live on Sen. Merkley's Facebook page.

The legislation could face a tough uphill climb, though, in a congress controlled by Republicans. The bill's sole Republican co-sponsor, Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen of Florida, announced her impending retirement on Sunday. Ros-Lehtinen is notable for her LGBTQ advocacy in connection with her transgender son Rodrigo — but she's an outlier, even in a Trump administration that has professed some support for LGBTQ rights.

"It is clear this White House will be an obstacle, not an advocate, in the fight for full LGBT equality — including trans equality," Pelosi said at Tuesday's introduction ceremony. She cited some of the administration's recent moves that raised the ire of LGBTQ advocates, including withdrawing protections for transgender students and a series of cabinet appointees with strongly anti-LGBTQ records.

"Democrats will fight with our full strength to secure full equality for LGBT families," Pelosi pledged.

Image: Congressional Democrats Introduce The Equality Act Of 2017 Supporting The LGBT Community Against Discrimination© Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), flanked by members of congress and activists, speaks at... Image: Congressional Democrats Introduce The Equality Act Of 2017 Supporting The LGBT…
Also on Tuesday, rumors began to surface that Trump could be planning to sign an executive order on "religious freedom" this Thursday that would enshrine protections for those who engage in anti-LGBTQ discrimination. Politico cited two "senior administration officials" who confirmed Trump's plans to issue such an order during Thursday's National Day of Prayer observance. NBC News has not yet independently confirmed these reports.

A presidential order giving the nation a free pass to discriminate against LGBTQ people is hardly a stretch of the imagination. In September, a campaigning Trump pledged to sign the First Amendment Defense Act (FADA), an anti-LGBTQ bill that closely resembles a draft executive order that leaked in February.

If the executive branch decides to shy away from explicitly encouraging discrimination, LGBTQ advocates say there will still be a need for a law that bans bias in services, employment and housing.

A report released Tuesday from the Center for American Progress found that more than half of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people have experienced discrimination at work, and 68.5 percent of respondents said that anti-LGBTQ discrimination impacted their mental health.

"Today, in most states, you can get married on Saturday, post your wedding photos on Facebook on Sunday and get fired from your job or kicked out of your apartment on Monday just because of who you are," openly gay Rep. David Cicilline, a Democrat from Rhode Island, said on Tuesday. "This is completely wrong."

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 1
    #24291905 - 05/03/17 09:21 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Aren't they trying to add in a "P" for "pedosexual" or some shit to this LGBTQ group?

--------------------

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST [Re: Eminence]
    #24291907 - 05/03/17 09:23 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Edit.

That is fucked up trex

--------------------

Edited by sh4d0ws (05/03/17 09:24 AM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #24291926 - 05/03/17 09:30 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Peoples hobbies of liberal dreams getting a rise out of someone.

I know we all love the fire of passion.  The structure of drama is sorta a huge pain in my tight little asshole.

I know I don't mean anything by that.  But I had a gay neighbor who said he was raped in the Navy.  I was almost raped as a kid myself.  It's odd to know that we are all in a dream and it's our subconscious of sorts that attacks us.  It can be very passionate or not seemingly at all.

Rather just talk to people on the shroomery.  It's more of a passion for the mind.  Anyhow that gay neighbor really went off on me about the VA.  Dunno what it was about but he said my family would be ashamed.  I know I've seen my Dad in the VA a lot.  Wish they could get kratom isolates.  It's a neat drug.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 3
    #24291963 - 05/03/17 09:43 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

As much as I don't agree with the discrimination, nothing in this article has to do with drugs?

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST [Re: vandago]
    #24292095 - 05/03/17 10:43 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Everything is a drug.  Sex is a strange intoxication.  It's a drama for sure.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST [Re: Morel Guy] * 5
    #24292485 - 05/03/17 01:31 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

forcing businesses to serve people even if they don't want to

'merica

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #24293121 - 05/03/17 06:27 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

people that want legal drugs, we can't even have legal fucking in half of this backass country.

--------------------

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST [Re: vandago]
    #24293281 - 05/03/17 07:38 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I was under the impression that it is "the shroomery news service" and not the "shroomery drug news service".:shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #24293549 - 05/03/17 09:28 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Shroomery News Service rules:
Quote:

The submitted news should be related to the scope of this website. (mushrooms, psychedelics, drugs in general, war on drugs, etc....)
Copy and paste the news article in a new thread and include the link to the source.
The news should be up to date.
No flaming.

I've seen unrelated threads stick around in here a few times over the years but they are often locked.

--------------------

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #24293571 - 05/03/17 09:36 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

oops,nevermind.:blush:

--------------------

InvisibleEastBayRay
 User Gallery
Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST *DELETED* [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #24293592 - 05/03/17 09:44 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by EastBayRay

Reason for deletion: c

Invisibletdubz
Male User Gallery

Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST [Re: EastBayRay]
    #24293794 - 05/03/17 11:10 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Spiritually I'm conflicted, I want Gay people to not be made fun of and enjoy all the rights guaranteed to any American. Yet at the same time I can't help but notice America is turning towards the dark side and at a rapid pace in several aspects of our culture, so much so that there is no turning back. But I don't think people should be made fun of due to their sexual orientation or what they prefer sexually. I mean i'm 30 and still have a hard time understanding gay/trans culture because to me it is opposite of mother nature or what we are biologically programmed to be, yet sometimes I have had attractions to males even though I am mostly straight. Also, I believe Trump supported LGTBQ rights during his campaign, but seems to be shifting away from that now that he is president like many matters. 

Edited by tdubz (05/03/17 11:16 PM)

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST [Re: tdubz]
    #24293961 - 05/04/17 12:24 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I really don't approve of discrimination. As much as I'm  against homophobia, I think a business owner should be allowed to bar whoever they want and  for any reason. This is a free country isn't it? If a business owner has reservations against gays or blacks or whatever and chose to bar them from their establishment. I would bet the gays and blacks would band together, along with anyone else who opposes the owners views and boycott the establishment. It would probably shut down. As such a small fraction of people actually hate gays or blacks or whatever. In my daily life I have yet to encounter anyone who hates gay people.
Im actually friends with two gays in real life. One guy and one tranny. And both have never experienced any form of harassment or discrimination. They seem to make friends and find jobs easily just like any other normal person... It's funny how the only time I hear of homopobia or about how disparaged gays are it's in sensational articles.

InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST (moved) [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #24294093 - 05/04/17 02:44 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

This thread was moved from Shroomery News Service.

Reason:
OT for SNS

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST [Re: Eminence] * 2
    #24294112 - 05/04/17 03:25 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Eminence said:
Aren't they trying to add in a "P" for "pedosexual" or some shit to this LGBTQ group?

Sounds like BS a conservative news outlet would say. There is no way homosexuals would want to be associated with pedophilia.

Edited by Crystal G (05/04/17 03:32 AM)

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST [Re: Crystal G]
    #24294136 - 05/04/17 04:07 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I was gonna say.... Who are they?

I mean if there's people here willing to argue for pedophiles then it doesn't surprise me there are some out there that think they're being "open minded" and want to add it... But okay even if some young hyperliberal fools use it it won't be adopted by the LGBT community.

There's another Q some people use, LGBTQQ, that stands for Queer and it covers gender fluid and pan sexual and everything. The only people that think there should be more in the acronym are people who are bitter their letter didn't make it or people far out on the outside that don't understand any of the labels, much less the organization itself. Or who are frustrated with all the labels and blame everyone that isn't straight and cis :ohwell:

Though I admit Queer doesn't really cover pedophiles.
I'm sure some would argue me on that point.
I'm sure most of the community would argue it should not.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Invisiblerudebuoy

Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24294223 - 05/04/17 06:23 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Pedophilia is a legit sexual orientation and I bet it sucks balls (little baby balls). Anything trans is just make believe silly stuff. Feminists are already trying to separate themselves from the trans peoples, and its only a matter of time that the gays do too.

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: LGBTQ- STILL ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE PEOPLE ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24294257 - 05/04/17 06:45 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
There's another Q some people use, LGBTQQ, that stands for Queer and it covers gender fluid and pan sexual and everything.

Wait, two different Qs? I thought the Q in LGBTQ already stood for queer.

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
    #24294348 - 05/04/17 07:46 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
There's another Q some people use, LGBTQQ, that stands for Queer and it covers gender fluid and pan sexual and everything.

In Canada, we typically have LGBTQ2
which includes a designation known as "two-spirited"
which is a traditional Native American belief
regarding gender identities

then in marches and stuff one may frequently make signs
for LGBTQ2+
which is for gender fluid, pansexuals, polyamorous individuals, and so forth

As a gamer,
it would be impossible for me to take LGBTQQ seriously
since QQ
is terminology for ridiculing people as crying over needless things
:lol:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf