Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShaker
Re: green on the shrooms?
    #24171 - 07/13/00 03:49 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Is the stem really soft and.....mushy where the green is? It could be bruising or some sort of rot. If I were growing mushrooms I'd cut off the green area and discard it but I don't know if any real reason exists to do so.

Shaker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: green on the shrooms? [Re: Shaker]
    #24173 - 07/15/00 03:14 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

quote:
Originally posted by Shaker:
Is the stem really soft and.....mushy where the green is? It could be bruising or some sort of rot. If I were growing mushrooms I'd cut off the green area and discard it but I don't know if any real reason exists to do so.

Shaker

My initial thoughts as well. If it were mushy, I would tend to thing of some kind of rot. But if it's just at one spot, I would personally trim away the bad and keep the rest. Like a brown banana; no sense in trashing the whole fruit over one dark spec.

------------------
Jade
registered Wild Child?
http://www.gypsystudios.com

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: green on the shrooms? [Re: Shaker]
    #24174 - 07/17/00 10:31 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Was it green before you picked it? Did it appear wherever the mushroom would have bruised if it were a really sensitive person? Where you cut it, pulled it, bumped it, stretched, handled it, squeezed it?

I bet so.
I bet it's just bruising. Normally more bluish, but can be greenish to blackish.
Could be contam though, I'd have to see it.

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

VisitThe Donkey!-just behave

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck