Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Onlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

Ergonomic mouse and keyboard
    #24085846 - 02/12/17 07:52 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Hey so I work in the IT industry full time and think I am having symptoms of carpal tunnel, unfortunately.  The sign of a true nerd, I suppose.

Anyways, I'm looking at ergonomic mice and keyboards and am trying to figure out the best ones for a good price.

Y'all have any opinions and experiences with ergonomic mice and keyboards?

So far I'm leaning towards getting the Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball, Computer Wireless Mouse, Long Range Wireless Mouse.

I haven't looked at keyboards too much yet.

--------------------
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:  I dropped a cheesy pop dance track "Be With Me, Baby": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezFSNS7JDI :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

Edited by lifeiswhatyoumake (02/12/17 07:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: Ergonomic mouse and keyboard [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake] * 2
    #24085854 - 02/12/17 07:55 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

You should get one of those VR jerkin' machines to save your wrists.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Ergonomic mouse and keyboard [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #24085953 - 02/12/17 08:37 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Do you have a recommendation?

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Ergonomic mouse and keyboard [Re: nicechrisman]
    #24085960 - 02/12/17 08:42 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

The Carpal Tunnel 2000 is a pretty good machine.

Onlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

Re: Ergonomic mouse and keyboard [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #24086031 - 02/12/17 09:23 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

After more researching I am now leaning towards getting a vertical mouse:

Anker 2.4G Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse, 800 / 1200 /1600DPI, 5 Buttons - Black

--------------------
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:  I dropped a cheesy pop dance track "Be With Me, Baby": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezFSNS7JDI :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Ergonomic mouse and keyboard [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #24086076 - 02/12/17 09:52 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Good luck... I can never get used to those offset or ergonomic keyboard or mice..I've tried a bunch and they are just always too weird
I believe I'm developing carpal tunnel too unfortunately.. I've just been trying to be more aware of my posture and arm positioning.. as well as doing wrist/finger stretches and exercises... so far.. it's seemed to help in that I haven't felt the symptoms much since

--------------------

Onlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

Re: Ergonomic mouse and keyboard [Re: Shroomism]
    #24086212 - 02/12/17 11:15 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I have never tried any.  I hope I can get used to them.

I ended up buying the following mouse and keyboard:

Mouse: Anker 2.4G Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse, 800 / 1200 /1600DPI, 5 Buttons - Black

Keyboard: Kinesis Freestyle2 Ergonomic Keyboard for PC (9" Standard Separation)

Extra keyboard accessories (left/right palm support, left/right vertical lifters): VIP3 Accessory Kit for Kinesis Freestyle2 Keyboard

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling symptoms of carpal tunnel.
I started feeling it a few months ago.
My right wrist has been injured for a while I have been using the mouse with my left hand for a while and recently my left hand started to feel like it's on fire in the middle of my hand towards the thumb.  It was surprisingly painful. 

What stretches/exercises are you doing that seems to help?

--------------------

InvisibleLobsterSauceDiscord
 User Gallery

#24086294 - 02/13/17 12:16 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

You are one hot tamalé.

Offlineblackhawk
Newton's Law of Majesticity
I'm a teapot

Loc: Where Jimmies are Rustled
Re: Ergonomic mouse and keyboard [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #24086500 - 02/13/17 05:58 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

https://www.amazon.com/Rii-Gaming-Keyboard-Backlit-rm400/dp/B00T94ENKQ/ref=sr_1_60?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1486989367&sr=1-60&keywords=gaming+mouse

get these

The mouse has a pcb design which basically allows it to fuse with your biology and allows you to move the cursor and click just by waving your hands around and is able to tap into your mind to read your next move. And the turbo charged backlighting as seen on the keyboard connects wirelessly with the mouse allowing you to type up to 500 wpm just by flailing your fingers around. If you ask me, this is pretty ideal in the IT world

Only reason it didn't get 5 stars is because some users have been consumed by the technology and can't figure out how to reverse the fusion

:smokeweedallday:

--------------------

Offlinemigraineur
Geezer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Ergonomic mouse and keyboard [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake] * 1
    #24086534 - 02/13/17 06:49 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Hey

I ended up developing really bad RSI and it was so bad that I couldn't use a computer at one point. I was getting really bad pain in my wrists and arms and I also started to get thoracic outlet syndrome.

I ended up buying a Microsoft Natural Keyboard and an Evoluent Vertical Mouse which both do wonders for my RSI since my hands are in natural positions. I also bought a high quality ergonomic office chair. I'm still looking at getting a foot rest and a keyboard tray, possibly a tray that contains a manoeuvrable arm that connects to the desk so that it can move however I want/need it to.

If your workplace won't provide you with this equipment then buy it yourself and claim it back on tax as a work expense if you can. Buying it yourself means you can take it with you where ever you go.

Take RSI very seriously because you don't want to end up with a chronic pain condition that fucks up your life in so many ways.

OfflineFreeTheSoul
The wonderer.
Re: Ergonomic mouse and keyboard [Re: migraineur]
    #24086564 - 02/13/17 07:15 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

migraineur said:
Hey

I ended up developing really bad RSI and it was so bad that I couldn't use a computer at one point. I was getting really bad pain in my wrists and arms and I also started to get thoracic outlet syndrome.

I ended up buying a Microsoft Natural Keyboard and an Evoluent Vertical Mouse which both do wonders for my RSI since my hands are in natural positions. I also bought a high quality ergonomic office chair. I'm still looking at getting a foot rest and a keyboard tray, possibly a tray that contains a manoeuvrable arm that connects to the desk so that it can move however I want/need it to.

If your workplace won't provide you with this equipment then buy it yourself and claim it back on tax as a work expense if you can. Buying it yourself means you can take it with you where ever you go.

Take RSI very seriously because you don't want to end up with a chronic pain condition that fucks up your life in so many ways.

Do you have to be carefull when you masturbate?

InvisibleCookies
Female
Re: Ergonomic mouse and keyboard [Re: FreeTheSoul]
    #24086630 - 02/13/17 07:55 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

www.amazon.com has tons of them.

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Ergonomic mouse and keyboard [Re: Cookies]
    #24086711 - 02/13/17 08:34 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Just buy the brain implant OP. Only cavemen use their hands

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #24086862 - 02/13/17 09:59 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Good luck... I can never get used to those offset or ergonomic keyboard or mice..I've tried a bunch and they are just always too weird

track balls actually seemed to make problems worse

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Ergonomic mouse and keyboard [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake] * 1
    #24087082 - 02/13/17 11:37 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

lifeiswhatyoumake said:
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling symptoms of carpal tunnel.
I started feeling it a few months ago.
My right wrist has been injured for a while I have been using the mouse with my left hand for a while and recently my left hand started to feel like it's on fire in the middle of my hand towards the thumb.  It was surprisingly painful. 

What stretches/exercises are you doing that seems to help?

Just some stuff I found on youtube videos. Basic twisting/stretching, circular motion exercises.
I'm not entirely sure if it's the beginning stages of carpal tunnel but that's what makes sense to me... it's just a general "soreness" or numbness for lack of a better words inside the wrist.. feels like nerves.. and when it happens it seems to trail up into my two fingers. I've only felt it a few times but it's always been late at night. I'm just hoping it doesn't get worse and worse. So far, it's only happened a few times.

--------------------

Onlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

Re: Ergonomic mouse and keyboard [Re: migraineur]
    #24088187 - 02/13/17 07:59 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

migraineur said:
Hey

Hey.

Thanks for your post.  I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.  Have things improved for you with your ergonomic equipment?
I have read good things about the MS Natural keyboard.  I liked how the Kinesis Freestlyle 2 was completely split in half and could be angled downwards from the middle. I think it'll feel good when typing for sure when I get it in the mail.

My work luckily has a keyboard tray that I just started using today and it really has already helped my hands/wrists.  I don't know why I didn't use it before.  As soon as I used the tray and lowered it real low and angled it backwards 15 degree I actually felt a cooling sensation in my forearms; all the tenseness of my muscles went away!

I appreciate the kind words!

:mushroom2:

--------------------

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

#24088195 - 02/13/17 08:02 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I want to get a mechanical keyboard myself. I just got a shitty 20 dollar one from radioshack on a whim the other day and I never thought a keyboard could suck so much.

I just dropped like 250.00 on my SIL's baby shower, and I'm looking at some 50-60 dollar gaming keyboards on amazon...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MEGWZIA/ref=twister_B01LKZB1A6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

opinions?

I don't game or have carpal tunnel(yet?)but I use a couple of external monitors at work and no matter what shitty old keyboard I buy I tend to just revert to typing on my crappy old lenovo thinkpad, even though I think a nice keyboard would make a difference.

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Ergonomic mouse and keyboard [Re: pirate-blues]
    #24088206 - 02/13/17 08:08 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Onlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

Re: Ergonomic mouse and keyboard [Re: PatrickKn]
    #24088280 - 02/13/17 08:36 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

That second keyboard claims to be ergonomic, but I'm quite sure it's not.  They just stuck that word in there to make it sound more appealing.

--------------------

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#24088323 - 02/13/17 08:58 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I wasn't posting it because it's ergonomic. Didn't even notice the thread premise and was just blindly responding to the previous post honestly. For what it's worth that's the keyboard I use on a daily basis and it's pretty comfortable to me regardless of the cheap price.

I've had all different kinds, just a preference that I can't shake really.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies