Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefrock
Mycobag question
    #2406785 - 03/08/04 11:48 AM (20 years, 15 days ago)

I inoculated 4 mycobags 7 days ago today. I have been reading on here that you should break it up after inculation, but I didnt realize that. There is no sign of growth yet, but from what Im reading here is that these things take a while to start compared to other teks and such.

So my question is, Is it fine to go ahead and break up the blocks or should I wait till I see some growth and then break up.

Bags are grain from mycobag, and strain is B+.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Mycobag question [Re: frock]
    #2406822 - 03/08/04 11:54 AM (20 years, 15 days ago)

its your call, did you massage the bag before innoc? you can wait a few days for growth, or try to speed it up by mixin.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleLoki
Ferret Farmer
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #2406842 - 03/08/04 12:00 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

No, leave it alone untill you see white patches now.
As the spores are only just germinating, so be gental with them :smile:

Whats best is if you mix it all up just after you inject the spores,
then mix it all up again when its about 20% colonised.
As you missed the first mix up, dont do it now, wait for 20%
colonisation.

Or this is what i would do.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Mycobag question [Re: Loki]
    #2406878 - 03/08/04 12:07 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

i have a mycboag in my incubator right now that i mixed up the spores with, it took 11 days to see growth, but its growin all over the place, i should not have mixed, but its gonna work whatever you do, i was just saying if he didnt massage the bag frst it may be best if he whent ahead and did that even if he already innoced.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlineclueless
justnew
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ANE
Re: Mycobag question [Re: Psychoslut]
    #2407262 - 03/08/04 01:23 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

deffinately break those suckers up.

--------------------
I'm a rhinestone tiger in a leisure suit.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mycobag question [Re: clueless]
    #2407296 - 03/08/04 01:33 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

NO DON'T

Listen to Loki.

Normally, you should break a bag up. But since he didn't and already injected spores... he has to wait until he sees growth. If he mashes now, he may stall the bag. The spores are germinating right now, it is best to let them do their thing until he sees some colonization.

Next time, he should mash the bags immediately after inoculation. Since it has been a week, he must wait.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinefrock
Re: Mycobag question [Re: Loki]
    #2407377 - 03/08/04 01:51 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Thanks for the information,

I will wait and mix after some colonization begins like 20%. Im sure it will just take a little longer since I didnt mix up origonally but o'well. Lesson Learned.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2407588 - 03/08/04 02:48 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Quick question frock. Did you inoculate the middle of the substrate, or did you inoculate around the edges, making sure to squirt the fluid between the lining of the bag and the substrate?

With Mycobags, you should ALWAYS inject so the solution hits both the bag itself, and the substrate. You do this for a few reasons. First... if you inject the outside of the substrate, you will see growth much more quickly. If you inject the middle, it will need to colonize for a long time before you see any growth. Does this make sense? Also, since you didn't mash your substrate, the middle of the substrate may be too dense to colonize. Mycelia likes to grow on substrate with the density of potting soil. Not the density of a brick.

If you injected the middle of your bags, you may want to break your bags up in another week, even if you don't see any growth. This way, you can see if there is any growth in the middle of the bag. If you find none, you can probably re-inoculate the bag. Chances are the spores stalled from the density of the substrate. After two weeks, the spores should be growing... so no growth likely means stalled spores.

Mycobags are simple. IF you know how and when to mash them, and the proper injection technique. Until you get those teks down though, mycobags can be a little frustrating.

Perhaps Mycobag can make an injection video... showing the proper way to inject the substrate of a Mycobag. Like, with an edible Mycokit or something.

Here is a link to a video showing proper MycoBag mashing procedure.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...ev=#Post2223361

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (03/08/04 02:53 PM)

Offlinefrock
Re: Mycobag question [Re: Rose]
    #2407638 - 03/08/04 03:08 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

I did not inject between the plastic and substrate, but I did inject closer to the side of the bag instead of the middle.

Prbably 1/2 inch in, maybe slightly more.

I will take your advice and check the middle in a week from now.

Thanks again, everyone around here is very nice unlike other forums I have been to on the internet.

Offlinefrock
    #2407654 - 03/08/04 03:14 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

That is a funny video by the way!!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates